Conspiracy Theory Media & Manufactured Consent

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone seen this film? Done by a former stuntman from Hollywood about how controlled we all are by media in various forms. Well worth a look when you have some time.

wow...just when you think you’ve watched every important film on this stuff ..along comes another that sits right beside the others with truth.

Liz Crokin is a very courageous woman.

Bang on, which is why the Trump v fake news thing is so crazy/weird/trippy. He is the first US leader in my lifetime who hasn't had the media on his side. That effect is lessened by Trump's use of social media though, side stepping the media and using his Twitter account as a media platform. Fascinating times!

Bang on, which is why the Trump v fake news thing is so crazy/weird/trippy. He is the first US leader in my lifetime who hasn't had the media on his side. That effect is lessened by Trump's use of social media though, side stepping the media and using his Twitter account as a media platform. Fascinating times!

Did...Did we skip Bush Jrs presidency...?

Did...Did we skip Bush Jrs presidency...?
While the media did have its moments of opposition, I would say generally they at least toed the line. Iraq is a perfect example. If that happened now, the media would be digging for proof immediately that Iraq had no WMDs, but back then they just went with it (from memory). Could be wrong, as I was quite young then.

While the media did have its moments of opposition, I would say generally they at least toed the line. Iraq is a perfect example. If that happened now, the media would be digging for proof immediately that Iraq had no WMDs, but back then they just went with it (from memory). Could be wrong, as I was quite young then.

You do hear the things coming out of Trumps mouth, right?

You do hear the things coming out of Trumps mouth, right?
Sure, a 30-second clip that could be taken completely out of context could be part of a news bulletin. Its almost like the image/cartoon of one guy chasing another but through camera lens, it actually looks like guy being chased is trying to stab second guy (cant find it afterba quick google search) was created for the Trump/media relationship. The mainstream media never report positively on him, which undermines their credibility. They don't have to kiss his ass, but some balance builds trust and credibility. There is no way Trump couldn't have not done anything in 4yrs that wasn't worthy of credit, but instead media have an agenda to undermine Trump. Its not about keeping him accountable, its about undermining him. The media certainly were not as bad against Bush (from my limited memory). Let's use 9/11 and Covid as an example. Both were attacks on US and were incidents out of control of the President of the time. They backed Bush to go to Iraq and chase Bin Laden, yet now the US media blame Trump for it instead of China. In fact, many are almost defending China by questioning Trump's use of the 'Chinavirus' term.

Sure, a 30-second clip that could be taken completely out of context could be part of a news bulletin. Its almost like the image/cartoon of one guy chasing another but through camera lens, it actually looks like guy being chased is trying to stab second guy (cant find it afterba quick google search) was created for the Trump/media relationship. The mainstream media never report positively on him, which undermines their credibility. They don't have to kiss his ass, but some balance builds trust and credibility. There is no way Trump couldn't have not done anything in 4yrs that wasn't worthy of credit, but instead media have an agenda to undermine Trump. Its not about keeping him accountable, its about undermining him. The media certainly were not as bad against Bush (from my limited memory). Let's use 9/11 and Covid as an example. Both were attacks on US and were incidents out of control of the President of the time. They backed Bush to go to Iraq and chase Bin Laden, yet now the US media blame Trump for it instead of China. In fact, many are almost defending China by questioning Trump's use of the 'Chinavirus' term.

It’s obvious you’re a bit misguided and confused trying to compare things thst are going on now vs things that went on back 20 years ago.

No one is undermining Trump.

the man is burying himself with every narcissistic and mindless utterance in every press conference. He’s become a joke...a parody you’d see in a simpsons episode. It’s embarrassing..but funny...but highly disturbing because it’s real life...not a cartoon.

He’s become irrelevant as a leader of America. He offers no valuable information to anyone ...instead, it’s just rambling musings of idiotic rubbish that are causing confusion amongst his already stupid followers.

Trump really hasn’t done anything of note as a president before this pandemic started.

All he’s done is deliberately encouraged division amongst the American people and caused a whole lot of anger that will last long after the moron is finished as president.

I know you don’t get it...but one day down the road when you’re older you’ll probably understand it all

It’s obvious you’re a bit misguided and confused trying to compare things thst are going on now vs things that went on back 20 years ago.

No one is undermining Trump.

the man is burying himself with every narcissistic and mindless utterance in every press conference. He’s become a joke...a parody you’d see in a simpsons episode. It’s embarrassing..but funny...but highly disturbing because it’s real life...not a cartoon.

He’s become irrelevant as a leader of America. He offers no valuable information to anyone ...instead, it’s just rambling musings of idiotic rubbish that are causing confusion amongst his already stupid followers.

Trump really hasn’t done anything of note as a president before this pandemic started.

All he’s done is deliberately encouraged division amongst the American people and caused a whole lot of anger that will last long after the moron is finished as president.

I know you don’t get it...but one day down the road when you’re older you’ll probably understand it all
Hasn't done anything of note?
1. Continued positive economic trajectory.
2. Started building the wall (whether you agree with the principle or not, it was a big election promise).
3. Did prison reform to allow easier transition into community for prisoners.
4. Moved US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
5. Strengthened the US military.
6. Renogotiated trade deals and met Kim Jong Un multiple times for peace talks, despite the hysterics that he would prompt WW3.
7. Going after child trafficking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Started building the wall (whether you agree with the principle or not, it was a big election promise).
6. Renogotiated trade deals and met Kim Jong Un multiple times for peace talks, despite the hysterics that he would prompt WW3.

ffs...you’re completely deluded son.

it really is sad that some young Australians actually can’t clearly see through a con artist like Trump.

I guarantee you yourself have got more intelligence than a dunce like trump.

I wish you all the best in your adoration of a (senile) grown man who uses skin tanning, hairspray and has the vocabulary of a dimwitted 15 year old.

1. HE has claimed all responsibility for the economic trajectory, DESPITE clear factual recordings that it started well before his term.
2. He is REPLACING the wall using AMERICAN funds.
3. Kim Kardashian has done more for prison reform than Trump
4. Religious point scoring, neat.
5. WHY?! WHY does it even NEED strengthening when its already the most over spent military force in EXISTENCE.
6. Obama said he would negotiate with people like Kim Jong Un and he was shouted down as flirting with extreme dictators, Trump does it and hes lauded as a hero by his panderers.
7. What? How? When? Where? Id like to see actual evidence of him making concrete efforts to curb child trafficking because I doubt thats anywhere near his radar.

1. HE has claimed all responsibility for the economic trajectory, DESPITE clear factual recordings that it started well before his term.
2. He is REPLACING the wall using AMERICAN funds.
3. Kim Kardashian has done more for prison reform than Trump
4. Religious point scoring, neat.
5. WHY?! WHY does it even NEED strengthening when its already the most over spent military force in EXISTENCE.
6. Obama said he would negotiate with people like Kim Jong Un and he was shouted down as flirting with extreme dictators, Trump does it and hes lauded as a hero by his panderers.
7. What? How? When? Where? Id like to see actual evidence of him making concrete efforts to curb child trafficking because I doubt thats anywhere near his radar.
1. Whether he started it or not, I am crediting him with it continuing up until COVID-19.
2. Sure, he said Mexico would pay for it but fact is, it's happening. Many politicians like Clinton and Biden were for a wall, but it never happened. Trump made it happen.
3. KK can lobby all she wants, but Trump is who works with congress to make it happen. Not even the first black President did it, despite blacks being the demographic to benefit most from the regorm.
4. Political scoring or not, many previous Presidents said they would do it, but Trump actually followed through with it.
5. Might be the most over spent military, due to paying excess for NATO and other organisations. I don't know, but given the US tends to flex their muscles in most conflicts, I guess it is only natural that they need a strong and well resourced military. Thankfully, Trump hasn't really used it yet and looks unlikely to given the conflict with NK and Iran seems to be simmering down from potential military action. In fact, could he be the first President in my lifetime to not go into heavy combat with another country?
6. Kim Jong Un didn't even want to meet with Obama, so negotiations would have been near impossible to occur. Fact is, Trump met with him and had peace talks. I am not sure they even really talked via phone did they?
7. https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...s-human-trafficking-roundtable-at-white-house, https://www.c-span.org/video/?468828-1/president-trump-delivers-remarks-white-house, https://newrepublic.com/article/156579/trump-administration-finally-broke-anti-trafficking-movement, https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...donald-j-trump-working-end-human-trafficking/ all seem to show that since May 2017, four months after his inauguration, it has been part of his agenda.

Not surprised in the slightest. Alyssa Milano's back flip on #metoo sums it up. It was a political campaign with Kavanaugh getting the brunt of it. Now apparently guys must get due process... Lol

CT is this will give the Dems an excuse to jettison Biden down the track and install another candidate such as Cuomo who has become the greatest thing since sliced bread during this pandemic...Or run a preferred VP who will step in once/if they win...

CT is this will give the Dems an excuse to jettison Biden down the track and install another candidate such as Cuomo who has become the greatest thing since sliced bread during this pandemic...Or run a preferred VP who will step in once/if they win...
The latter would be more likely, which is why I'm keen to see who he picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back