MCDFNL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone on here connected or got any contacts at Campbell's Creek??
Interesting things happening over CHFL way , Carisbrook Lexton and Treatham on the hit list!!!
Not quite sure what that does for the MCDFNL.
3 quality clubs maybe lost!

Interesting things happening over CHFL way , Carisbrook Lexton and Treatham on the hit list!!!
Not quite sure what that does for the MCDFNL.
3 quality clubs maybe lost!
I had a good read of this plan.

If Cairsbrook head to the CHFL and Lexton and Trentham join the new Goldfields league (which may happen as soon as next year the new league) this will leave MCDFNL with:
Natte
Avoca (struggling for quality players)
Campells Creek (verge of folding/merging?)
Maldon (verge of folding/merging?)
Dunolly (verge of folding/merging?)
Navarre
Harcourt
Royal Park
Rovers (Seniors are competitive reserves still aren't showing a lot.)
Newstead
Talbot.

An odd number of teams would likely suggest one will fold/merge with another and as outlined in the plan the Goldfields will help teams who decide to do this.

If (key word here if) this was to happen next season a ladder based on this year would be something like:
Navarre
Natte
Daylight
Harcourt
Royal Park
Daylight
Rovers
Talbot
Daylight
Newstead
Daylight
Avoca
Daylight
Creek
Maldon
Dunolly.

Obviously things change season to season but how will recruiting go when you have lost 3 of the better sides in the league as it is and there is miles upon miles between the first lot of teams and the last lot.

Interesting times ahead.

I had a good read of this plan.

If Cairsbrook head to the CHFL and Lexton and Trentham join the new Goldfields league (which may happen as soon as next year the new league) this will leave MCDFNL with:
Natte
Avoca (struggling for quality players)
Campells Creek (verge of folding/merging?)
Maldon (verge of folding/merging?)
Dunolly (verge of folding/merging?)
Navarre
Harcourt
Royal Park
Rovers (Seniors are competitive reserves still aren't showing a lot.)
Newstead
Talbot.

An odd number of teams would likely suggest one will fold/merge with another and as outlined in the plan the Goldfields will help teams who decide to do this.

If (key word here if) this was to happen next season a ladder based on this year would be something like:
Navarre
Natte
Daylight
Harcourt
Royal Park
Daylight
Rovers
Talbot
Daylight
Newstead
Daylight
Avoca
Daylight
Creek
Maldon
Dunolly.

Obviously things change season to season but how will recruiting go when you have lost 3 of the better sides in the league as it is and there is miles upon miles between the first lot of teams and the last lot.

Interesting times ahead.
Fair assessment SnPShaker would make a pretty ordinary comp then!!!
This might upset a few but isn't it time to make some hard calls on some of the weaker clubs and encourage them to look at mergers.
Surely getting beaten each week heavily, struggling with numbers, and having a lack of support of field must be hard.
There has been many great examples of successful mergers in other areas,with clubs still retaining existence on a combined status and thriving.
All I can say " don't lose everything act now while you can"

Fair assessment SnPShaker would make a pretty ordinary comp then!!!
This might upset a few but isn't it time to make some hard calls on some of the weaker clubs and encourage them to look at mergers.
Surely getting beaten each week heavily, struggling with numbers, and having a lack of support of field must be hard.
There has been many great examples of successful mergers in other areas,with clubs still retaining existence on a combined status and thriving.
All I can say " don't lose everything act now while you can"

Your first point is the exact thing that needs to happen. The simple fact is that there are too many clubs these days for the amount of blokes that actually play footy. Clubs need to think differently now than they have in the past or they will not survive at all

I think you can see two sides to it all.

Whilst there is certainly a consensus that there’s too many sides in the region and not enough population/players to draw from especially locally for these small towns. You can understand that the football and netball is the heartbeat of these towns on a Saturday.

Clubs would definitely draw inspiration from someone like Royal Park who looked down for the count but have completely turned it around in a space of 3-5 years.

When you also look at the participation numbers of clubs in both the junior football and netball stakes you can see that every club is raising the bar and trying extremely hard to get the numbers on the field for a game every week.

At it’s worst, there is still 11/14 clubs that are able to field an Under 17s side which is a pretty big achievement in my opinion and its certainly an improvement on club numbers in the past, so its not all doom and gloom imo.

If the issue with clubs is getting two senior sides on the park perhaps there is a need to be proactive and introduce 16 a side in the 2s when that’s all one team can muster up and keep the game as competitive as possible?

I think you can see two sides to it all.

Whilst there is certainly a consensus that there’s too many sides in the region and not enough population/players to draw from especially locally for these small towns. You can understand that the football and netball is the heartbeat of these towns on a Saturday.

Clubs would definitely draw inspiration from someone like Royal Park who looked down for the count but have completely turned it around in a space of 3-5 years.

When you also look at the participation numbers of clubs in both the junior football and netball stakes you can see that every club is raising the bar and trying extremely hard to get the numbers on the field for a game every week.

At it’s worst, there is still 11/14 clubs that are able to field an Under 17s side which is a pretty big achievement in my opinion and its certainly an improvement on club numbers in the past, so its not all doom and gloom imo.

If the issue with clubs is getting two senior sides on the park perhaps there is a need to be proactive and introduce 16 a side in the 2s when that’s all one team can muster up and keep the game as competitive as possible?
More of the same yesty the big two straight thru unscathed with big margins!!!

Well the senior final is as expected one would have thought. Navarre vs Brook. Tips? 1 each throughout the year so this will be a tight one.

Seems as if Natte threw it up to Navarre on Saturday but inaccuracy and what looks to be a bad 3rd qtr cost them the game.

The biggest surprise comes in the twos with Brook and Bushy winning through. Lexton and Natte the two top teams all year and neither are in the big dance. Very surprising results there.

Well the senior final is as expected one would have thought. Navarre vs Brook. Tips? 1 each throughout the year so this will be a tight one.

Seems as if Natte threw it up to Navarre on Saturday but inaccuracy and what looks to be a bad 3rd qtr cost them the game.

The biggest surprise comes in the twos with Brook and Bushy winning through. Lexton and Natte the two top teams all year and neither are in the big dance. Very surprising results there.

After watching the first half on saturday if natte took advantage of their chances Navarre may have been in a little trouble. I actually hate to say this but brook should win

In the twos bushy might finally buy a flag but wouldn't hold my breath

17's and 14's trentham should win both purely as they seem to have players with the "flu" that allow them to play more permits than anyone else. How you can name 23 in the 14's on a Friday and then have 8 get "sick" overnight is beyond me. Now we have 3 grades of juniors permit system should be abolished unless the club has no lower age group to draw from

Brook willl win the 11's

Netball will be interesting

After watching the first half on saturday if natte took advantage of their chances Navarre may have been in a little trouble. I actually hate to say this but brook should win

17's and 14's trentham should win both purely as they seem to have players with the "flu" that allow them to play more permits than anyone else. How you can name 23 in the 14's on a Friday and then have 8 get "sick" overnight is beyond me. Now we have 3 grades of juniors permit system should be abolished unless the club has no lower age group to draw from

Brook willl win the 11's

Not sure about the ones oldfatslow seem to remember brook being favourites last year as well!!
And Navarre handled them physically again.
Bowen big out, grey won't play either.
Tight enough contest expected thou!
Word out of Navarre "no injuries "

Which will put a bit of pressure on the brook 2s to replace a couple.Unknown is what RP can drop back from the 1s.
Tight again I think.

Not sure about the ones oldfatslow seem to remember brook being favourites last year as well!!

Which will put a bit of pressure on the brook 2s to replace a couple.Unknown is what RP can drop back from the 1s.
Tight again I think.

Jono seems to have been lucky so far. It could've been much worse.

If brook can get under flood, Kaye's and parko's skin they could do it.
Navarre play such direct no u turn 90's type footy it's no wonder no one has knocked them off yet . Everyone tries to play too cute against them.

Hopefully it's close rest of the finals have been crap

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brook willl win the 11's

1.11 would suggest they could have easily had them on toast.

Twos is anyones guess but if MC06 is saying the Brook's ones have a couple of injuries it may just swing in Bushies favour.

17's and 14's they may as well hand over to Trentham now.

11's haven't seen much of.

Netball will be interesing.
I'll go from A down, Trentham, Navarre, Natte, Trentham, Rovers, Natte.

Tight again I think.
What happened to Bowen? If he doesn't play that's a fair hole out of their side.

I'll tip Navarre but only if the above two (Bowen and Grey) don't get up and play. But I expect it to be tight all game.

1.11 would suggest they could have easily had them on toast.

Twos is anyones guess but if MC06 is saying the Brook's ones have a couple of injuries it may just swing in Bushies favour.

17's and 14's they may as well hand over to Trentham now.

11's haven't seen much of.

Netball will be interesing.
I'll go from A down, Trentham, Navarre, Natte, Trentham, Rovers, Natte.

What happened to Bowen? If he doesn't play that's a fair hole out of their side.

I'll tip Navarre but only if the above two (Bowen and Grey) don't get up and play. But I expect it to be tight all game.

Jono gray won't get up at all still very very sore
Bowen is an interesting one haven't heard what he has done . Could brook be foxing?

Gray has a serious neck injury was talking to him today has zero chance of playing. May struggle to play again who knows
Hope is ok!
Understand brook still trying to find out what happened but both bowens and grays incidents are under a little bit of a cloud!

Gray has a serious neck injury was talking to him today has zero chance of playing. May struggle to play again who knows
Well that's shocking. Obviously no one wants to see that on the footy field whether an accident or malice intent. All the best to him hopefully he can get back out there.

Bowen's shoulder obviously must be bad. I would have thought with one game to go in the season he may have strapped it up and went out there. Obviously been told other wise by doctors. What was the incident?

Where are finals being played this weekend?
Princess Park Maryborough.

Well done Newstead on gaining the services of Tommy Horne, bloody rippa young bloke and a very good hard footballer, he wasn't called "cats head" for no reason !!!!. Stock up on the VB in the bar !! :beermug:

Status
Not open for further replies.