Toast Max Holmes extends his contract for four years.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to it this morning. The thing that struck me was how much his family was upset by missing. ...and I wondered how much of that was his mum coming from an individuals sport pov played into that.

My bet is this contract that Max has just sign probably goes way past his mum earnings ... probably says something about Olympic sports.

I reckon one year of his contract would go past her earnings from 20 years ago. Any track athlete not named Cathy Freeman would have been on minimum chips.

that Brownless interview on mad Monday was moronic. such a w*nker. Was very pissed and felt for Max.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
I’m sure the club had a quiet word to Brownless after that interview …Brownless is still close to the club so I’m sure he would had taken it to heart
Lost a lot of friends that day did Billy boy.
Look, I don't think it was deliberate, he was just a bit of an idiot on a complete high and getting carried away with limited emotional intelligence.
It wasn't deliberate. There was no malice. Bill just didn't engage his brain before the words left his mouth. Here's the whole thing, with Max Holmes at 4:10 in;

It wasn't deliberate. There was no malice. Bill just didn't engage his brain before the words left his mouth. Here's the whole thing, with Max Holmes at 4:10 in;

It was bad, but Bill was obviously just missing the mark with his buffoon Roaming Brian impersonation, probably deeply hungover. I'm sure as long as he did reach out to Max afterwards it was long forgotten and not worth hanging him for two years later.

Give Holmes some credit too, he's a big boy. It was just awkward at the time.

Even if the intent wasn’t there there’s still consequences for saying stuff like that …Billy would had learnt from the experience it happens

Says that Holmes was really upset to be overlooked for the 2022 Grand Final and it did cause a pretty deep division (and I can't blame him, it would hurt any footballer).
He would have been upset if he was dropped, but it was 100% the correct decision. CS loves him, and would always play him, but not one week into a hamstring injury. There should not have been any division. We all felt pity for him getting that injury, but no way should he have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This ... I love Holmes and i am gutted he missed a medal but 2011 (Coll) GF and 22 (Sydney) GF shows what happens if you take a risk with a players who may not be 100%.

I am 100% certain if we could go back in time with hindsight both Coll and Sydney MC would leave those 2 players out.
But for every Reid, there's also an SJ 2011 or Lappin 2003.

But for every Reid, there's also an SJ 2011 or Lappin 2003.
Hamstrings are not joints; a running gun is powerless with a sus hammy. Imagine if in 2011, Duncan had Holmes injury, and comes on early for Pods, and tears it further. Diabolical.

He would have been upset if he was dropped, but it was 100% the correct decision. CS loves him, and would always play him, but not one week into a hamstring injury. There should not have been any division. We all felt pity for him getting that injury, but no way should he have played.
Yeah I am not arguing that. I just can’t blame him for being upset.

Yeah I am not arguing that. I just can’t blame him for being upset.
Fair enough, but the people saying it created division are just hot air. It would have been petulance if he thought he should have played. He knew it was the correct decision. Watching him punch the ground post injury, we all knew that he knew he was gone.

Fair enough, but the people saying it created division are just hot air. It would have been petulance if he thought he should have played. He knew it was the correct decision. Watching him punch the ground post injury, we all knew that he knew he was gone.
How do you know it's just hot air, though?

He was 20, it's not out of the normal for a 20 year old to be a bit petulant, especially if he believed that he was right to go.

I remember being 20, everything felt like either The Best Thing Ever or The End of the World.

How do you know it's just hot air, though?

He was 20, it's not out of the normal for a 20 year old to be a bit petulant, especially if he believed that he was right to go.

I remember being 20, everything felt like either The Best Thing Ever or The End of the World.
because he was not right to go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back