News Matthew Scarlett Quits as Assistant Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was always going to happen once hock came back.

He served us well but its time for a change paeticularly with our defensive gameplan..hopefully it really improves us.

Tend to agree with most of the sentiment on the board.

Lots of people want change, that’s fair enough. Scott isn’t going anywhere for now so the next best thing is to change the people around him and get some fresh ideas.

Scarlett would have been a good but difficult coach to work with at times I think because he’s very blunt and I’ve also always wondered how a guy like him would cope with teaching players who quite simply, aside from Stewart, are not in the same stratosphere as he was skill wise and in the way they think about the game

Was always going to happen once hock came back.

He served us well but its time for a change paeticularly with our defensive gameplan..hopefully it really improves us.
Hocking & Scarlett not the best of friends?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will clark stay now?
Wait and see

Could be interesting few weeks coming up in terms of players who looked likely to ask for trades may be having a rethink

May depend on who steps in as new assistant coaches and what sort of role they see for Clark

Wait and see

Could be interesting few weeks coming up in terms of players who looked likely to ask for trades may be having a rethink

May depend on who steps in as new assistant coaches and what sort of role they see for Clark

What would he be worth if he does leave?

I have a feeling Steve Hocking understands it and he's working to change things. Also, I think there have been a number of regular posters here calling for these changes for the last 3 years.
Anything that makes the club better is a good thing.

I think that the Club for a long time thought that supporters were happy with competitiveness and the ability to get to finals and maybe luck a win. And supporters probably were for a period of time. The club assumed that this was the way to fill the stands and keep up membership.

However, something has shifted, and the club now understands that the supporters will still fill the stands and be members - even if we are regenerating and we have losses.

We aren't expecting non-stop success, we know it's not realistic, we just want to see a clear trajectory and growth. I think that this sentiment from supporters, plus the realisation from the club - has alot to do with watching teams like Melbourne and the Bulldogs who have enjoyed the support even when they have dipped or struggled.

The short answer is no. So im unsurprised by this change.
Cheers

It doesn't totally surprise me, both guys seem like they take no s**t and the role of CEO would clearly trump that of assistant coach

I love Scarlett the player and no doubt one of our greatest - but Scarlett the coach hasn't really given the same impression. Just feel like he's much more polarising than you'd necessarily want from a coach/assistant coach and wouldn't be surprised if he had a stronger voice in that coaches boxes than some may think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back