News Matthew Lokan Departs

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Matty Lokan. And good luck Chad in your new forwards development role (thanks RossFC)

I like this.

I also like that Port seems to be using its place in the SANFL as a development ground for the whole competition. We seem to have a lot more churn of people than the Crows do; Bring people in to do a job, give them a taste of the club's culture and send them out to the world. Grow your culture externally by stealth.

Nothing on the Port website but this story by Zac Milbank on the SANFL site.

http://sanfl.com.au/lokan-leaves-bay/
Glenelg has begun the search for a new senior coach after the sudden departure of Matt Lokan to Port Adelaide. Lokan, who has been at the Tigers’ helm since the start of 2015, has accepted a development coaching position at Alberton which involves coaching the Magpies in the SANFL.

Originally serving as the Bays’ Football Manager in his 2014, Lokan was thrust into the coaching role in the wake of Nick Stevens’ exit. After finishing ninth in Lokan’s first season, Glenelg has since recorded two seventh placings, in 2016 and 2017, for an overall record of 18-34-2. Lokan will make a return to Queen Street after playing 99 SANFL League matches for the Magpies between 2006 and 2011......
http://sanfl.com.au/lokan-leaves-bay/

Lokan.jpg

Remember when Matty Lokan did a shampoo ad? :D

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2017-11-13/lokan-to-coach-magpies

PORT ADELAIDE has appointed Matthew Lokan as senior coach of the Magpies on a three-year contract.
The 34-year-old says, after four years with Glenelg, he’s excited to return to Port Adelaide where he played 112 SANFL games.
“My career began at Alberton and I can’t wait to get back there,” he said.
“It’s an honour to join the list of great people who’ve coached the Magpies down the years.
“I’d like to thank Glenelg for the opportunity they gave me to coach. I learned so much and thoroughly enjoyed my time there but the chance to work full-time alongside an AFL program is one I couldn’t afford to pass up.”

Was that the one where they found the bottle of shampoo in Shane Wakelin's locker and all the other players laughed at him and his response was "it's for blokes". Quality ad that one.

When dinosaurs ruled the earth and Collingwood were relevant. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't get over how young he still is. He played at Port, Collingwood, Port, retired from Port, coached in Belconnen for a couple of years, was 4 years at Glenelg and he's only 34 now. I was sure that was a mistake.

Was that the one where they found the bottle of shampoo in Shane Wakelin's locker and all the other players laughed at him and his response was "it's for blokes". Quality ad that one.

Would have coached the Bays to finals in 2017 but Glenelg did their usual thing when it matters and crumbled to losses to the bottom two teams in their last two games and missed finals by percentage.

Welcome home Matty Lokan, great appointment , good to see someone coming back to Alberton after all the recent departures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back