News Matthew Broadbent signs with Henley

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be great if Burton can develop his midfield game long term. But as much as I am loving our half back line of late I think there will have to be a shuffling of spots if/when Burton returns this year. Very difficult to argue with the performances of Broady & Hartlett though, been very solid.

Matthew is averaging over 22 disposals per game in eight games this season. His disposal is usually pretty good as he is not frightened to kick the ball over distance rather than resort to those half arsed chip kicks that our defence too often uses.

I was one who thought Broadbent might have been cooked but he has shown that he has a fair bit left if he can exorcise his demons and stay fit.

A defence including Clurey, Broadbent, Byrne-Jones, Burton, Jonas, Hartlett and Howard has a fair bit to offer if we can get them fit and playing together for an extended period. Broadbent's good form might even allow us to use a player like Ryan Burton further up field if we need to.

Is he old enough to be having a renaissance? Since his most recent return to the side he has looked match fit and composed. Really adding some steel and constructivity to the defence.

Matthew is averaging over 22 disposals per game in eight games this season. His disposal is usually pretty good as he is not frightened to kick the ball over distance rather than resort to those half arsed chip kicks that our defence too often uses.

I was one who thought Broadbent might have been cooked but he has shown that he has a fair bit left if he can exorcise his demons and stay fit.

A defence including Clurey, Broadbent, Byrne-Jones, Burton, Jonas, Hartlett and Howard has a fair bit to offer if we can get them fit and playing together for an extended period. Broadbent's good form might even allow us to use a player like Ryan Burton further up field if we need to.
Havevforgotyon about Watts already?

I'll admit I didn't see this form coming but it's great to see. It's really an exceptional effort to hit form after such a long lay off. Hopefully he's really enjoying himself.

Broadbent being in the side has done two things - it’s allowed Houston to play midfield, and it’s given Byrne-Jones the confidence to attack the ball knowing he has a solid defensive line behind him.

He elevates the players around him just by being on the field, which is exactly what you want from a senior player.

Is he old enough to be having a renaissance? Since his most recent return to the side he has looked match fit and composed. Really adding some steel and constructivity to the defence.

Doesn’t look like me running either, got a yard back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe Schulzenfest used the word "assuaging" on the Port board and no one raised an eyebrow.

I can't believe Schulzenfest used the word "assuaging" on the Port board and no one raised an eyebrow.

I thought he just spelt "as you're ageing" wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back