Competitions Matildas/Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

The greatest result the Matildas have achieved I reckon, 3-2 after falling 2 down against Brazil, ffs - daylight robbery. Take a look at the first few comments beneath the article to understand the sort of crap these women have to endure even when they win. Kerr is a freak.

https://outline.com/X7PUZ9

Bloggs

1 hour ago

Clearly she does listen to the “haters” if she responded to them.

Circling buzzard

1 hour ago

Classy footballer, not so classy response to perceived critics.
Perhaps if the players had read the media reporting she would know the critics are attacking the FFA for the clumsy way they sacked the previous coach.
Any criticism of the team that I’ve seen has only been related to the pretty ordinary defence against Italy and that was certainly justified.
As for Ms Kerr,’s comments, the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.
Today’s result was great for the team and Kerr’s comments took a little gloss off what was a proud moment for all Aussies.

Bdazlr

1 hour ago

Oh dear, that chippy Australian attitude poking through again. How about just winning gracefully and keeping it shut. Too much to ask? Well done on the result though.

Mr Lee

1 hour ago

Still struggling with the hand ball decision for Brazil’s goal. Didn’t see a hand. Do I need spec savers?

A Dreamer

1 hour ago

I'm guessing I am not the only viewer who stayed up to watch the game live only to switch off after we went 2-0 down?

A great result! Just what the team needed.

decdecyoo

2 hours ago

maybe wait till you get out of the group before you go shooting your mouth off.

justin phillips

2 hours ago

Suck On That !
Might be thrown out of an AFL game for that one.

bats

2 hours ago

I love the Matildas and am very happy they won. But their issues remain. They were down two nil. The reason they won in the need was because the Brazilian defender put the goal in, not the Matildas. I think some of the critics were highlighting issues in our game and these issues are still valid and need addressing if we are to progress to finals. It does not a go at the players themselves. But good win ladies. keep them coming and best of Luck!

World Cup show on SBS is good for keeping across the tournaments’ developments. 6-6.30pm every night I think.

Imagine how good Sam would be in the AFLW, if she had been able to keep playing past 12 years old?

Matildas lost to Norge in a penalty shoot out. The wheels fell off at the wrong time.

Can you complain about the refereeing?

Too right, you can.

The red card was ridiculous.

The overturned penalty was ridiculous.

The missed penalties were mind boggling given the soft red card.

However we’ll cop it sweet because that’s what we do.

As for the FFA and the CEO they can just **** off because their action cost us an opportunity to win a World Cup.

• Banned
can the netherlands please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please beat the usa?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back