Game Day Match & Pre-Match Thread - Scratchie with WC at Lathlain at 4:45pm 25/02

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely Cox gets dropped for that performance, he got beaten by a forward that didn't make it at the Dockers.The Penny should have dropped with Cox by now that he needs to give 15 percent more not 15 percent less.
The point of pre-season is to get players ready for the real season. To me that means playing Cox next game.

Practice game.
- Great ball movement, always looks better when the skill execution matches the gameplan and instruction/ setup.

- Clarke is a jet, played exactly like he did at Claremont and underage…. Quick, has a tank, repeat efforts to get into space - game sense with a footy brain.
Those who criticised he trade to our club have no f….. idea.

- Frederick, Chapman and Young - to a lesser extent Brodie - brilliant

Oh mate, you’ve done it , and so soon.
Snuff warned all anyone spelling Clark with an e is gonski.

Hold up, what the fu** is happening with Walker? I swear I've heard nothing about him all pre-season, is he injured?

I think he’s genuinely behind the defenders that played on Friday at this stage, which is understandable as Young and Chapman are special talents and the others are pretty established at AFL level. I said before a lot of this board overreacted due to a few moments of significant promise from Walker. Ultimately he’s a very talented youngster but has a bit to work on until he’s performing at the level of our other defenders for four quarters.

The midfield potential of Clark and Chapman in particular is well known, whilst Wilson (29 this year) and Hughes (28 this year) won’t be at the club in three years. Walker’s time will come (maybe as soon as later this season tbh).

Yep, but who do you leave out? I know people will say tucker, but my mail is he has been a standout with freddie on the track. Very good position for the club to be in.

It’d be a short turnaround from a hamstring injury if Tucker was to play this coming weekend. Given his history I’d be a touch surprised if we rushed him back for a Pre Season game.

With Tucker it might be a decision between Round One or an early season return after minutes at Peel.

I think he’s genuinely behind the defenders that played on Friday at this stage, which is understandable as Young and Chapman are special talents and the others are pretty established at AFL level. I said before a lot of this board overreacted due to a few moments of significant promise from Walker. Ultimately he’s a very talented youngster but has a bit to work on until he’s performing at the level of our other defenders for four quarters.

The midfield potential of Clark and Chapman in particular is well known, whilst Wilson (29 this year) and Hughes (28 this year) won’t be at the club in three years. Walker’s time will come (maybe as soon as later this season tbh).
Was Hughes 3 year extension last season a mistake in hindsight?
There’s a chance he spends the next 3 years at peel…

It's going to be so difficult to pick a best 25 let alone a best 22. There's only a handful from Friday's game that should definitely miss round 1. Not considering the most recent draftees we now have - Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Treacy, Hamling, Aish, Darcy, Sturt, Ryan, Walker & Tucker to fit in somewhere.
By my count that's 11 eleven more players who must be considered for round 1. Gee, isn't it great to be nearly injury free.

It's going to be so difficult to pick a best 25 let alone a best 22. There's only a handful from Friday's game that should definitely miss round 1. Not considering the most recent draftees we now have - Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, Treacy, Hamling, Aish, Darcy, Sturt, Ryan, Walker & Tucker to fit in somewhere.
By my count that's 11 eleven more players who must be considered for round 1. Gee, isn't it great to be nearly injury free.
Crowden and Noddy should definitely not be dropped!! Seriously Crowden was great on the weekend as a starting mid

Ssshhhhh.Dont poke the bear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently we will be gifting some players to WC to field a team. Jlo would rather a friendly scratch match rather than beating ourselves up.

Was Hughes 3 year extension last season a mistake in hindsight?
There’s a chance he spends the next 3 years at peel…

Problem could be if list sports get tight for 2024. Happy to have him at the club in 2022 and believe they’ll be plenty of room for him in 2023 well. The third year may be a problem though.

He’ll be playing games this year. I don’t think he’s best 22 but he’s shown reasonably consistently he’s an AFL defender. So no, he won’t spend three years at Peel.

Schultz been working on his snap shots across his body? Very impressed by his 3 goals - thought previously it was an area he could improve on to be a classy forward.

Is this true? That would be pretty incredible…

Pretty sure SPP hopefuls are allowed to play in the Pre Season matches (obviously were Friday but I don’t think Sunday’s game is any different).

With them available (ie an extra four players) surely they’d be able to field a team. If not I’m sure the AFL would let them field players from their WAFL side.

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that… as you said in another post we want proper match practice not to just beat up on what is borderline West Coast’s reserves team.

Team, apologies for being the chief instigator of derailing this thread. Regardless, it's served its purpose and can be closed.

I'm going to close the thread and shuffle posts out to more appropriate threads.

Please continue back in the preseason thread: Training - 2022 Preseason

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back