Movie Marvel Cinematic Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres SO much stuff.

TVA obviously but also stuff like

Rumours and trailer stuff below
Cassandra Nova, not sure if thats known or not but obviously Charles Xavier by extension will feature, Pyro back too. Rumours about Cable and Elektra (Brolin and Garner) and even Afflecks Daredevil

I just cant see how at the bare minimum this isnt a shitload of fun.

Impatiently waiting for day 1

homer simpson GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to this article, The Flash cost $405M to make, for a return of only $250M.
https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest-box-office-bombs-2023-lowest-grossing-movies-1235902825/
While looking at Star Wars numbers, I was surprised to see that even a 'failure' like Rise of Skywalker made almost $70m in DVD sales, that didn't include rental profits either. Flash was apparently number one for VOD for several weeks, it's been licensed to Netflix, so it's possible it clawed back another $50m or more. Not enough to break even by any stretch, but studios find anyway to squeeze money out of a title while people generally stop paying attention once the box office run ends.

According to this article, The Flash cost $405M to make, for a return of only $250M.
https://deadline.com/2024/05/biggest-box-office-bombs-2023-lowest-grossing-movies-1235902825/
The funny thing about The Flash was that the rumours of a Flashpoint inspired, multiverse movie started swirling in 2017 (when Spider-Man Homecoming was released) but they chopped and changed so much that by the time they got it together Spider-Man FFH and then Spider-Man NWH had already come out.

Fiddled while Rome burned and got overtaken. I think if The Flash had come out before any Marvel multiverse stuff interest might have been a lot higher.

And the chopping and changing probably blew the budget right out. They were developing it for years.

Last edited:

Interesting pick for Galactus - Ineson's been great in a lot of stuff, but he'll always be Finchy in the UK office to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back