Opinion Marquee Player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a minimum $1m fund for sign on bonuses to attract players. I think the key thing will be making sure they go after 26 and under talent so they'll still be around when the kids mature + 3-4 older heads that can protect the kids and show them the way.

Few candidates:​
Player
Age in 2027
Current Club
Town/City/State Drafted From
Position
Caleb Serong​
26​
Fremantle​
Warragul - Victoria​
Midfielder​
Nick Daicos​
24​
Collingwood​
Melbourne - Victoria​
HBF / Midfielder​
Mitchell Lewis​
27​
Hawthorn​
Melbourne - Victoria​
KPF​
Tom Green​
26​
GWS​
Townsville - Queensland​
Midfielder​
Max King​
26​
St Kilda​
Melbourne - Victoria​
KPF​

Few candidates:​
Player
Age in 2027
Current Club
Town/City/State Drafted From
Position
Caleb Serong​
26​
Fremantle​
Warragul - Victoria​
Midfielder​
Nick Daicos​
24​
Collingwood​
Melbourne - Victoria​
HBF / Midfielder​
Mitchell Lewis​
27​
Hawthorn​
Melbourne - Victoria​
KPF​
Tom Green​
26​
GWS​
Townsville - Queensland​
Midfielder​
Max King​
26​
St Kilda​
Melbourne - Victoria​
KPF​
Daicos is a pipedream. He's family-oriented. He'll be a one-club player.

There's no Sam Walsh on this list?

Daicos is a pipedream. He's family-oriented. He'll be a one-club player.

There's no Sam Walsh on this list?
Sam Walsh could certainly be up there, I'm not sure if he is a player you build a club around. I tried to go with players I could see being #1 in the competition in their position of choice. Just trying to get a conversation going, would love to see people flesh out the table and add other players of merit there. If you reckon Walsh is worth adding to the table then he's worth adding to the table.

I agree on Daicos, but have included him as it'd be irresponsible of us to ignore GAJ leaving the Cats as the most prolific father-son recruit we'd ever seen at the top of his game. If GAJ could go then so could Whisper.

Sam Walsh could certainly be up there, I'm not sure if he is a player you build a club around. I tried to go with players I could see being #1 in the competition in their position of choice. Just trying to get a conversation going, would love to see people flesh out the table and add other players of merit there. If you reckon Walsh is worth adding to the table then he's worth adding to the table.

I agree on Daicos, but have included him as it'd be irresponsible of us to ignore GAJ leaving the Cats as the most prolific father-son recruit we'd ever seen at the top of his game. If GAJ could go then so could Whisper.
Think the bonus to a Walsh type is the fact he would set a standard and lead a team which is just as important in the early years for a team.

Think the bonus to a Walsh type is the fact he would set a standard and lead a team which is just as important in the early years for a team.
Yeah, great point. I've updated my table with Walsh, Smith and Rozee. Would love to see others flesh it out more too and get some good discussion going.

PlayerAge in 2027Current ClubTown/City/State Drafted FromPosition
Caleb Serong26FremantleWarragul - VictoriaMidfielder
Nick Daicos24CollingwoodMelbourne - VictoriaHBF / Midfielder
Mitchell Lewis28HawthornMelbourne - VictoriaKPF
Tom Green26GWSTownsville - QueenslandMidfielder
Max King26St KildaMelbourne - VictoriaKPF
Sam Walsh26CarltonGeelong - VictoriaMidfielder
Bailey Smith26Western BulldogsMelbourne - VictoriaMidfielder
Connor Rozee27Port AdelaidePort Augusta - South AustraliaMidfielder

Yeah, great point. I've updated my table with Walsh, Smith and Rozee. Would love to see others flesh it out more too and get some good discussion going.

PlayerAge in 2027Current ClubTown/City/State Drafted FromPosition
Caleb Serong26FremantleWarragul - VictoriaMidfielder
Nick Daicos24CollingwoodMelbourne - VictoriaHBF / Midfielder
Mitchell Lewis28HawthornMelbourne - VictoriaKPF
Tom Green26GWSTownsville - QueenslandMidfielder
Max King26St KildaMelbourne - VictoriaKPF
Sam Walsh26CarltonGeelong - VictoriaMidfielder
Bailey Smith26Western BulldogsMelbourne - VictoriaMidfielder
Connor Rozee27Port AdelaidePort Augusta - South AustraliaMidfielder
Definitely a good start, will deep dive some current AFL lists and try to come up with some more names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Logan McDonald
Jack Lukosius
Noah Anderson
Harry Sheezel
Finn Callaghan

Nick Daicos should be the target, you’d think he may be in a similar position to Gary Ablett Jnr was when he went to GC, the similarities between the two as well

This one hurts, but if you are combining age demographic with the country kid theory then Jai Newcombe fits the bill.

Hopefully the Hawthorn ties from his youth are too strong though.

Daicos or Matt Rowell for me.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nick Daicos a certainty to attract an offer approaching 2 million a year. Max King another who I could see on the radar.

Nah. Go young and Tasmanian. Hopefully, one will be on star in 4 years' time.

If not, then get a country boy who wants a sea change. I dont want a mercenary in it for money only. (not that Nick Daicos would come here even for 3 mil)
Lachie Cowan will be a 200+ gamer but it would be wishful thinking that he will be a superstar of the competition I reckon. Has great traits, but not sure he'll be a top 10 player in the competition right?

Who else is there that's young and Tasmanian that looks likely? Is there some emerging talent?

Lachie Cowan will be a 200+ gamer but it would be wishful thinking that he will be a superstar of the competition I reckon. Has great traits, but not sure he'll be a top 10 player in the competition right?

Who else is there that's young and Tasmanian that looks likely? Is there some emerging talent?
Yeah Cowan won't be top 10. He has a lot of talent, but its pretty hard to make the top 10 in the comp. He will have a great career if he gets as good as Howe and Howe was never top 10 in the comp. Sanders and McKercher are the two players who look good. Seth Campbell is getting good reviews at the tigers but he has been injured. I never seen a draft age player do what Seth Campbell did in the TSL last year with that 10 goal game so I hope he can reach his full potential in the AFL but we will see.

Tarryn Thomas is the most talented and highest potential young player we have. :eek: He needs to become a better person and do a lot of off field work to see his potential though. I think a move back to Tassie and away from the big cities would be good for him.

Tarryn Thomas seems to love the big city life a bit to much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back