Mailman

Club Legend
May 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat/Werribee
Obviously the North Melbourne Football Club is in a position where off-field positioning for financial gain is vital, but care must be taken that its supporters are not overly distracted from their need to barrack for an AFL football team.
Bigfooty is a vocal minority who observe and discuss all matters concerning the club, but for most, they just want to cheer on their team.
My fear is that where off-field matters outweigh the onfield focus over a prolonged period, as we are seeing, decisions will be made by supporters on whether to remain as active supporters of this club.
I get the feeling that the board is so focussed on stabilising the club financially off-field that it is losing focus on what is ultimately required to stabilise the club financially in the longer term....its supporters.
Im not saying I have the answers to this, but the club just needs to be aware that while they are applauded by the more informed supporters for their dedication to see North Melbourne prosper, the masses just want to see their favourite players on the ground and the rest be fairly invisible.

Mailman

Originally Posted by Mailman
.....the masses just want to see their favourite players on the ground and the rest be fairly invisible.

The Mailman - Now delivering on weekends :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back