Remove this Banner Ad

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
Time for a 2013 thread.

First thing you might notice is the change in name. The league has gone away from a delegate system with separate football and netball leagues to one league run by a board structure, hence the name change.

There's been quite a bit of movement within the league over the summer with what would appear to be plenty more in to the comp then out. One significant problem the league does face though is a lack of U17 players amongst some clubs. Mitiamo and B/L Serp have indicated they wont field sides, which is likely to see a revised draw for the U17 comp.

Serp are moving away from the red, white and black and are going back to their original colours of a gold V on purple jumper!

I'm not going to go into all the ins and outs, that can be viewed here:

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-6173-0-0-0&a=CLEAR

At a glance though, Inglewood have added the numbers they needed to make a move up the ladder, while only Mitiamo, with a few very significant departures, looking like they may struggle. The top 4 sides from 2012 look to be no worse off than last year, and Marong look to have added the numbers needed to return to finals football.

Everything points towards a very competitive 2013 season.

Time for a 2013 thread.

First thing you might notice is the change in name. The league has gone away from a delegate system with separate football and netball leagues to one league run by a board structure, hence the name change.

There's been quite a bit of movement within the league over the summer with what would appear to be plenty more in to the comp then out. One significant problem the league does face though is a lack of U17 players amongst some clubs. Mitiamo and B/L Serp have indicated they wont field sides, which is likely to see a revised draw for the U17 comp.

Serp are moving away from the red, white and black and are going back to their original colours of a gold V on purple jumper!

At a glance though, Inglewood have added the numbers they needed to make a move up the ladder, while only Mitiamo, with a few very significant departures, looking like they may struggle. The top 4 sides from 2012 look to be no worse off than last year, and Marong look to have added the numbers needed to return to finals football.

BRIDGEWATER: ins Bennett, Broadbent, Collins, jermyn, Lindsay, Weston
Outs Ashman, Pollock, Williams, Rhode?
Serp- ins Arthur, Pippet, Pugh, M ring, G Ring, P Ring, Rippingvale. Out J Gladman, S Whybrow.
Calivil- Glenfell, jermyn, Mitchell, Richards. Out bowe, Carter, Manley
Inglewood- in: Douthie, Geary, Giri, Hart, Hitchcock, Jaques, Kirby, Roberts? Shawyer, Smith, Wharton, J Williams, S Williams,Wicks, Worner. Out: Harris
Marong- ins: Bennett, Boyer, Klemke, Romer, Vance. Out: Halloran
Mitiamo: in: Carne? Davies, Galvin. Out: Bacon, Chappell, Haythorpe, Panoho.
Newbridge: Clark, Cross, Cummins, Davids, Harry, Healslip, Hobbs, Jarman, Kennedy, Pellegrino. Out: Carmichael, Ford, Foss, Frost, Holland, McInnes
Pyramid Hill- Anderson, Barry, Crichton, Grayling, Neohoritis, out Cooper, Wishart.
Ycw- Bailey, Butcher, Campbell, Daniels, Dwyer, Higgs, Jess, Johnston, Lowry, Marshall, Sheldrick, Waterson, White,
Out: Atkin, Connelly, Hawkins, Oconnell, Pendlebury? Thompson
Published in the addy.
Ycw, Inglewood, Serp all very busy during the off season.

Time for a 2013 thread.

Hellboy, stop embarrassing the league mate. If you think that putrid marong side that played mounts today is going to play finals you are a joke. I would go as far saying you would be bottom two if not the bottom.

Hellboy, stop embarrassing the league mate. If you think that putrid marong side that played mounts today is going to play finals you are a joke. I would go as far saying you would be bottom two if not the bottom.

Steady on mate...it is a praccy and most of the blokes I spoke to after the match seemed to think we were competitive enough but lacked the skill level and depth of Mounts. We were missing some very significant players and I feel that we will be ok. Mounts were very very good

No less than 9 senior players missing including Corey Gregg, Bryan Vance, Richard Tibbett, and Paul Thomson and Dave Romer out of the game for the 2nd half.

Stupid statement mate.

Steady on mate...it is a praccy and most of the blokes I spoke to after the match seemed to think we were competitive enough but lacked the skill level and depth of Mounts. We were missing some very significant players and I feel that we will be ok. Mounts were very very good

If Bennett gets a game for Marong Seniors then they are in big trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your psychic powers are phenomenal! Miti are a proud club and will pull through.

As for juniors what sort of 'revised draw' is being looked at?

The revised draw revolved around the club with the bye playing one of the sides that were playing Miti or Serp. Turns out that's been canned and the draw will remain as normal. That will leave the U17 comp with each team only playing 12 home & away games.

The revised draw revolved around the club with the bye playing one of the sides that were playing Miti or Serp. Turns out that's been canned and the draw will remain as normal. That will leave the U17 comp with each team only playing 12 home & away games.

Would of been good for the clubs to be told the outcome of the under 17's draw before reading about it on Big Footy. Would of hoped the commission didnt leak info to their home club or kids.

Guess whoever wins this years junior flag will be the last winner ever. Can't see a way back from here, how are the seven clubs who worked their tails off to get kids into a team going to explain to them that they only get to play 12 games for the year.

Been coming a while, but when you accept no penalty for clubs to not field sides this is what you get.

Would of been good for the clubs to be told the outcome of the under 17's draw before reading about it on Big Footy. Would of hoped the commission didnt leak info to their home club or kids.

Guess whoever wins this years junior flag will be the last winner ever. Can't see a way back from here, how are the seven clubs who worked their tails off to get kids into a team going to explain to them that they only get to play 12 games for the year.

Been coming a while, but when you accept no penalty for clubs to not field sides this is what you get.
Don't think a lack of penalties is to blame, most clubs understand the importance of having a junior side and I'm sure they all try their hardest to get a side up.

The simple fact is that there are less and less kids living in the Loddon Valley, and with so many underage teams in Bendigo, why would people want to travel?

Don't think a lack of penalties is to blame, most clubs understand the importance of having a junior side and I'm sure they all try their hardest to get a side up.

The simple fact is that there are less and less kids living in the Loddon Valley, and with so many underage teams in Bendigo, why would people want to travel?

Not sure if some clubs are saying they try hard but then don't actually really try. Who did Mitiamo and Serpentine appoint as their prospective 2013 under 17coaches?

Not sure if some clubs are saying they try hard but then don't actually really try. Who did Mitiamo and Serpentine appoint as their prospective 2013 under 17coaches?
So are you saying the prospective coaches of these clubs are to blame for not having a side....get real pal have a bit of a think about the enormity of the inability to field a junior side..where does your future lie? What a ridiculous post.

So are you saying the prospective coaches of these clubs are to blame for not having a side....get real pal have a bit of a think about the enormity of the inability to field a junior side..where does your future lie? What a ridiculous post.

Absolutely not suggesting that at all, all I'm suggesting is if you didn't appoint a junior coach last June, July, August, September (after not fielding a side in 2012) then it's difficult to tell the league you tried your hardest to get a side together.

It's hard to ask a committee to recruit a junior side without a coach.

Instead of twisting my post and making it something it wasn't, surely we need to look at the bigger impact. Is Mitiamo's senior group issues connected to not having a thirds side? Maybe it is, no one questions how hard it is with less families in these smaller communities and less kids.

This issue has been there for the best part of a decade and is getting worse. If serp and Miti didn't appoint thirds coaches (and I don't know if they did or didn't) because they couldn't get a side together and knew it back in nov-dec tell the league, it allows the other clubs to plan and recruit better, it allows the league to tinker with the draw or change it. Instead 10 days before the season we get told our kids play 12 games at best.

Happy to discuss the way forward and not bagging any club of person who can't field a side, netball is having similar issues as footy.

Just watched Shane Harris running around for Square Reserves today, he has come on in leaps and bounds since I played for Inglewood and would be a decent loss for them I reckon. I hear the woods have recruited pretty well.

Just watched Shane Harris running around for Square Reserves today, he has come on in leaps and bounds since I played for Inglewood and would be a decent loss for them I reckon. I hear the woods have recruited pretty well.
You're right there, Clew, Shive has improved year on year. Just a shame he has left just as things are starting to look up at Inglewood. He's a good fella and is welcome back at the wood anytime!

Round 1 is here!!
My tips:
Marrons key players. Endres, Comer, Jones, Mills
Bridgewater Keys: East, Clutton, Straughn?,
Pyramid: keys Grayling, Waller, James, Morrison
Serp keys: Gladman, Gunn, Hutton,

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back