Luke Stanton

Footy draft profile (2007)

Luke Stanton
November 9th, 2007
Luke Stanton Northern Knights
Ht: 191 cm Wt: 79 kg
Junior position Wing/ Utility
AFL position Utility
Stanton is a superb athlete who looks like an AFL player. He has been an AIS scholarship holder and has been earmarked as a potential AFL player for the last 3 years. Cousin of Nick Dal Santo, though a completely different beast.
Strengths: Standout athlete. Tall who can run long, hard, fast and is pretty agile as well. Got enough of the footy for a bottom aged player and progressed sufficiently by the end of the year. His game against Calder in the Preliminary Final was his finest game at TAC and would have boosted his stocks considerably.
Weaknesses: Kicking! Clumsy technique and tends to give the ball too much air. Would like to see him kick through the ball and thus produce kicks which travel through the air much faster. Stanton isn't the cleverest footballer going around. Often runs to silly positions on the field and can be exposed in situations where his athleticism cannot save him.
Question marks: Does he have the smarts?
Draft Prediction: 35-60. I think his stocks may rise during testing.
Stats: TAC 2007. Only played 8 games this year. Averaged 16 disposals per game. His kicking effectiveness is a worry with 2 out of 3 kicks being rated as effective. Took only 3 contested marks for the year which is disappointing for a player of his size who usually competes against shorter opponents.

[YOUTUBE]tyX3b7oTyco[/YOUTUBE]

Re: Luke Stanton

Whilst you can see that Stanton has most of the tools to become an AFL footballer, he is very prone to a brain explosion, leaving you thinking "WTF were you thinking?". Hopefully, a couple of years in our development academy will help iron out these chinks in his amour.

Wellbefore the season starts. Because I doubt I'd have much time to check out the Ants this year would love to see him play - and this round perfect option to bloody him and tiller and rhys.

Very lively and about 100% more hardnut than his cousin.

Wellbefore the season starts. Because I doubt I'd have much time to check out the Ants this year would love to see him play - and this round perfect option to bloody him and tiller and rhys.

Very lively and about 100% more hardnut than his cousin.

the guy went to my skool last year
an excellent player but dont know how it attitude will fit in with the
other carlton boys??

Re: 42. Luke Stanton (rookie)

Anyone following Luke's progress?
how was his season last year, any chance of him getting a game this year, or at least making the VFL seniors, how is his development going, kicking improved at all?, wasn't really spoken about at all last season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: 42. Luke Stanton (rookie)

To be honest, juddsentant517, I think he'll be de-listed.

Depending on how many rookie picks we are allowed to have we might redraft him but I doubt it. Spots on our primary list are becoming increasingly more difficult to get and it all rolls over to our rookie list too.

Good luck to him whatever happens.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back