Player Watch Luke Pedlar

Will Luke Pedlar be in at the first centre bounce of the 2024 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow votes 16-0

But main thing that makes me bullish on JHF ( other than the obvious proven talent he’s got coming thru the system ) is his upside from doing a full pre season without nasty cramping occurring in his legs due to vascular issues

If you think Pedlar has upside ( which I do too ) then JHF has at least as much

I think it’s unfair to even mention them in same sentence at this stage , even though I’m a huge Pedlar fan
But Pedlar plays for a decent team, harder to get votes...

Anyone know what sort of size and strength Charlie Edwards has the potential to reach?

Based on his write up I'd say he is the closest thing to Dangerfield we have on the list.

Not me personally. Looks like an absolute unit already though and from what little Ive seen, knows how to power his way through traffic quitr nicely. Sounds like his kicking is as polished as Dangerfields.

JHF is a (potential) gun inside/ outside midfielder with class.

Pedlar is a (potential) clearance beast with the natural aggression and goal scoring ability to rip a game apart.

Both could be elite players, if they live up to their potential.

While I agree it's great to see 2 SA boys with the potential to be awesome, I'm hoping our one is better.
Gotta say, and I will admit I don't watch all of ports games so may've missed his best, but everything I have seen of JHF compared to the hype around him leaves me a little meh and underwhelmed. You'd think he was the next Danger/Dusty hybrid from all the wind being blown but all I see is Ollie Wines mk2, the most baffling Brownlow medalist since Shane Woewodin.

With JHF it's not about the stuff he can do. He's as talented as anyone going around. It's about eliminating the undesirable parts of his game - the sulking, the poor defensive efforts, the inconsistency, etc.

You'd be pretty brave to bet against him doing it. Looks like he's going to be a gun for a long time.

With JHF it's not about the stuff he can do. He's as talented as anyone going around. It's about eliminating the undesirable parts of his game - the sulking, the poor defensive efforts, the inconsistency, etc.

You'd be pretty brave to bet against him doing it. Looks like he's going to be a gun for a long time.
Alot of that stuff was due to not being able to do pre seasons with vascular issues and also being 18/19 yo

His defensive efforts will improve hugely this year

Gotta say, and I will admit I don't watch all of ports games so may've missed his best, but everything I have seen of JHF compared to the hype around him leaves me a little meh and underwhelmed. You'd think he was the next Danger/Dusty hybrid from all the wind being blown but all I see is Ollie Wines mk2, the most baffling Brownlow medalist since Shane Woewodin.
What would your opinion be if he was a Crows player?

Nah the lad has genuine speed and hops that Ollie could only dream about not to mention better footskills.
Yeah, just not sure he is going to be the competition dominator he is touted to be. Kid can play no doubt, not sure what it is but I think there is a lot of downhill skier in him, just doesn't scream future champion like a Judd or Dusty did to me. Maybe I'm just hearing all the hype and praise and seeing the wrong games and it just doesn't add up. Bit like when you hear about a new movie that is meant to be awesome and when you pay to watch it, it's good just not as good as you were expecting, like the new Top Gun movie.

Yeah, just not sure he is going to be the competition dominator he is touted to be. Kid can play no doubt, not sure what it is but I think there is a lot of downhill skier in him, just doesn't scream future champion like a Judd or Dusty did to me. Maybe I'm just hearing all the hype and praise and seeing the wrong games and it just doesn't add up. Bit like when you hear about a new movie that is meant to be awesome and when you pay to watch it, it's good just not as good as you were expecting, like the new Top Gun movie.
New Top Gun movie is excellent. You need to reassess your opinions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that you have a different opinion, but can't see how you have not seen some of the flashes of unique talent.

St kilda game, Gold Coast game, Brisbane game. Reckon they are worth a rewatch with a keen eye on him.

I think the question mark is, how high is his ceiling and he does have a few off disposal at times but that will iron out over the coming years.
BigFooty.com568513399.gif BigFooty.com329731552.gif BigFooty.com-86051432.gif

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like that you have a different opinion, but can't see how you have not seen some of the flashes of unique talent.

St kilda game, Gold Coast game, Brisbane game. Reckon they are worth a rewatch with a keen eye on him.

I think the question mark is, how high is his ceiling and he does have a few off disposal at times but that will iron out over the coming years.
View attachment 1897354View attachment 1897355View attachment 1897356

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Truck is talking about JHF. But it’s always good to see some of Pedlar’s highlights 👍

Back