DSC00802_1.JPG

Photo taken by [name]Old_Dog[/name]

Games - 11
Goals - 11
Best and Fairest - Outside top 10

Date of Birth - 21st August 1992
Recruited Pick 22 2010 rookie draft.
Height/Weight: 178cm, 72kg
Dreamteam Price: 630 points; $232,700 (+$144,300)
Supercoach: 657 points; $267,900 (+$168,200)

Stats history: Luke Dahlhaus (AFL Tables)

An outstanding debut year for Dahlhaus saw him starting at Williamstown reserves to Williamstown Seniors to Promoted Rookie to Substitute player and finally to be a best 22 western bulldogs player. Now part of the senior list after being offered a 2 year contract.

His electric speed combined with his tackling ability and instinct to hunt players in forward line saw him quickly become a cult hero at the dogs in 2011. His form this season saw him rewarded with the round 21 rising star nomination.

From his first game as a sub against St Kilda he showed great promise and never looked back from there improving almost weekly throughout the remainder of the season.

Given he finished 3rd in the Morrish Medal and represented Vic Country at TAC level as well as the team of the year, it's hard to believe he slid so far down the recruiting line but the knocks on him by recruiters were his size and ability to compete at AFL level. What his first season has shown is he already has the ability to be a gifted small forward, whether he can translate that into having an impact in the middle only time can tell but there may be some silly looking recruiters in a few years time to overlook such a talent based on physical attributes.

Notable Games:

Round 13 - vs Adelaide: 18 posessions, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50's and a goal saw him amoungst he best in his first ful game.

Round 21 - vs Essendon: 19 posessions 2 goals and 2 goal assists, was lively up forward kicking a couple of freakish goals.

Re: Luke Dahlhaus

He needs a new nickname. I believe his "official" nickname is The Grommet?

Needs to be "Sparky". When he gets the ball, something happens!

His willingness to run and take on the opposition is inspirational. He just wants it. I wish we had more of him.

Whoops, I am the dumb and when merging the new Dahlhaus thread with the dogtags one accidentally moved it to the main board. Gimme a tick to put the thread back under Dog Tags.

Good story here
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...se-of-dread-20120427-1xqbm.html#ixzz1tG2ZNOhr

especially this bit:

''I'd just say to them I'm never leaving,'' Dahlhaus says of the notion that he could be lured down a path most recently trodden by Callan Ward, and before him by enough big-name Bulldogs to fill a bus. ''It's not going to be up to me if I'm leaving anyway, I want to be here for the next 10 years. I'm definitely a person who wants to be a one-club man, and always will be.''

And here's another - looks like the bandwagon is picking up a few passengers from the media!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/western-bulldogs-excitement-machine-luke-dahlhaus-described-as-gary-ablett-like/story-e6frf9jf-1226341117708

"That ability, to move through the packs and the evasiveness. I think as he gets older and gets more power in his legs he is going to be very much like Ablett.

"I'm not saying he's going to be as an elite player (as Gary Ablett) but just his movement. He is going to get more speed and when he zigs and zags, he gets through packs and is hard to tackle, it's Ablett-like."

There's even a piece in today's printed Canberra Times about Lukey but I can't find a link to it.​

Dahlhaus: The Bulldog to banish sense of dread

in the AGE http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-bulldog-to-banish-sense-of-dread-20120427-1xqbm.html i dont think this kid can impress me much more than he allready has. He is what this club is all about, What a gem we have unveiled. But we allready knew that but this article just goes to show, there is still loyalty in clubs and from a young man just starting out he remembers where he came from.

Well Done Luke :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you just love him!!!

Even though we have Libber, Smith, Jones, Wally, Cordy, Roughead etc, who bring a sense of hope for the years to come. It is Dahlhaus who is the icing on top. His enthusiasm and lust for the contest keeps me excited about the present. When we get pumped by 10 goals, it'll be his silky evading, his chase down tackle, his handball under pressure & his goal that shouldn't have been possible, which keep me smiling.

Long live Dahlhaus!

Re: Dahlhaus: The Bulldog to banish sense of dread

Legend.

Give the kid a 10yr contract now.

Yes I agree...LOCK HIM IN...we can't afford to lose this boy.
He is being compared to Gary Ablett Jnr, and he WILL WIN A BRONLOW if he keeps playing like he is now. His enthusiasm for the whole game is infectious for the team and the other newbies. He is showing the way.
I am absolutely loving watching him!:D

Huge article in the age and huge article in the sun on the same day, hope he remains level headed.

Considering we are down the bottom, and yet every footy show I watch ( and I watch a lot of them) mentions him, I would say that he is well aware of the impact he has made, but coming out and stating he would be a one club player tells me that he is very level headed.

I didn't think I could love him more, but I do now - well done Luke - you are one of Macca's "good quality people".

'It's not going to be up to me if I'm leaving anyway, I want to be here for the next 10 years. I'm definitely a person who wants to be a one-club man, and always will be.''

Great to see he is committed to the club.

and another one from the sun today:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...ulldogs+(Herald+Sun+|+AFL+-+Western+Bulldogs)

HE'S played a role in the careers of some of the game's greats, but Michael Turner's favourite players are Geelong premiership captain Cameron Ling and Western Bulldogs rover Luke Dahlhaus

Under Turner the Geelong Falcons have produced more draftees than any club in Australia, their long list of champions including names such as Gary Ablett, Jimmy Bartel, Luke Hodge and Jonathan Brown.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...ulldogs+(Herald+Sun+|+AFL+-+Western+Bulldogs)

Artice said he was involved in 15 of our 23 scoring shots against melbourne. That is both phenomenal (for dal) and sad (for the team). Its almost like we are so meat and potatoes we cant get the bal into a scoring position without Dal touching it.

Also means that the kid is going to attract a hard tag pretty soon.

Artice said he was involved in 15 of our 23 scoring shots against melbourne. That is both phenomenal (for dal) and sad (for the team). Its almost like we are so meat and potatoes we cant get the bal into a scoring position without Dal touching it.

Also means that the kid is going to attract a hard tag pretty soon.

Has one today, admittedly only against GWS but the signs are there that he is being recognised outside the Bulldogs.

Hey Doggies fans you have certainly got a fine player and a fine young man in Luke Dahlhaus.

He came to our Auskick session this morning at Sunshine YCW and was fantastic with the kids. Impressive given that he played last night. He did some goal kicking with them, answered all their questions and hung around to sign jumpers and take some photo's.

Funniest thing he told us was how when he did Auskick they used to get Maccas vouchers if they played well - so he remembers eating a lot of cheeseburgers in his junior years! It's not like that now - although my kids probably wish it still was!

Hope we get a few more Doggies down there this year 'cause the Auskickers really appreciate it.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back