Lotto Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 28, 2002
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon
When you are playing online - dont you get really annoyed with the lotto players? Particularly in the freeroll tournaments - i went all in preflop with A A.....got called by a fool with 7-2 :( and he caught a 2 on the river to beat me with trips ... seems to be prevalent with freerollers, perhaps i should start playing real money games - surely fools wouldnt call an all in with that trash when real money is at stake...lol

Definitely. I rarely play hold'em anymore for play money - I mainly play Omaha, cause idiot newbies don't understand it.

The worst, though, is when you play limit hold'em in play money and some idiot raises pre-flop every hand for no particular reason at all. :mad:

But, I'm settling in for a big night of poker online for $$$. :thumbsu:

Though, even at cash lower limits, you still get your idiots.

Crosby87 said:
Definitely. I rarely play hold'em anymore for play money - I mainly play Omaha, cause idiot newbies don't understand it.

The worst, though, is when you play limit hold'em in play money and some idiot raises pre-flop every hand for no particular reason at all. :mad:

But, I'm settling in for a big night of poker online for $$$. :thumbsu:

Though, even at cash lower limits, you still get your idiots.

As evidenced by my poker story on the other page. That was a $0.10 buy-in for the tourny. Should have enough money in my account next month to stop going in those types of tournaments.

Well, I just got done playing a sit and go on Full Tilt.

I didn't have to do much work as I got the chip lead on the third hand of the tourney. I was on the button and raised to 500 with A-Qs. The SB called, and the BB raised all-in. I quickly called, as did the SB, who flipped over J-10. The BB had re-raised me with A-6 off-suit.

The flop came AxQ, with another Q coming on the turn to triple me up nicely.

Pretty soon it was just myself against two opponents. One was a sitting "all-in" duck (all he did was push when he got a hand), and the other was very tight and would fold to any bet I'd make almost.

It was his play that got me into trouble, however. After having had enough of betting to his fold and gathering small pots, I decided to slow play after raising with A-Q (again) and hitting top pair on a rainbow flop. I checked, he bet, I took some time and called. The turn came a 6, and I checked it to him again, and he bet the minimum. I raised him 500, and he re-raised me all-in. I called, and he flipped over 6-6 for trips. I was pretty annoyed, moreso with myself.

He then started playing a bit more aggressively as he overtook me in the chip count. I eventually clawed back (as I tend to do), but he finally busted the all-in duck and had a 8000 to 5000 chip-lead on me as we played heads-up.

He then began to do what a lot of idiots do heads-up - raise the minimum pre-flop for no apparent reason.

Second hand in, I was dealt Q-Q. I limped, figured he would raise me. He did, and I decided to push. I figured if he called I was more likely ahead in the hand, as Q-Q is huge heads up, or if he laid his hand down he would get the message that he wouldn't be able to push me around. He called, though, and flipped over A-3s of all hands.

And, of course, the A hit on the flop and I finished second.

---

So then I decided to head back to omaha, lol, and sat down at a $1-$2 table hi/lo (pot limit). It was a shorthanded table of just four. I immediately began pushing some girl around a bit, bluffing her to win some huge pots. I then got dealt A-2-Q-Q and the flop came 3-K-Q, for trips. There was no qualifying low hand. I bet the pot on the flop. She called. The turn came 9. I placed an oversized bet as I was worried about a possible straight draw and flush draw, with a club on the turn and one on the flop. She thought for a while before eventually calling.

The river came a J of diamonds (or maybe hearts). I made the same bet as on the turn, but she re-raised me the maximum. I knew I was beat, but I called anyway, and sure enough she flipped A-2-x-T to take the pot (no qualifying low hand).

So yeah, apart from the second in the sit and go... wasn't really a good night of poker. Just more examples of how bad players can still sting you at lower limits.

Bad luck Crosby, you probably should have folded that last one when you knew you were beat but its such a terrible beat u gotta call it sometimes.

the past week I've triplede my initial investment on poker stars. That's at the low limit sng's. I'm finishing in the money basically 4 out of 5 sng's. I'm sure it won't last though I'm probably just having a good run

I'm pretty average at the limit ring games, played on absolute poker, turned my $50 into $35 in about 20 minutes.... but I got a $75 bonus for joining anyway.

rick James said:
the past week I've triplede my initial investment on poker stars. That's at the low limit sng's. I'm finishing in the money basically 4 out of 5 sng's. I'm sure it won't last though I'm probably just having a good run

I'm pretty average at the limit ring games, played on absolute poker, turned my $50 into $35 in about 20 minutes.... but I got a $75 bonus for joining anyway.

Thats a good effort.

What I try and do is finish in the top 50% each game. The results soon follow. Have also been keeping a track of every position I finish on a spreadsheet.

The stats are showing that I finish much better in the $1 - $3 s & g's than the $11 plus games. Obviously the calibre of player is far higher but the good thing is I have been steadily improving which shows my game is on the right track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back