Competition LogoOTW 26: Essendon FC

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a Bombers idea like this sketched a while ago... was tougher then I thought it would be.
That and just realising that I can't use ImageShack any more.

2yxops0.jpg

I like it

but can you talk through your design?

I like it
but can you talk through your design?

The idea was that a fighter Jet would be carving out the Bombers red sash on the shield, I wanted to have the logo as a whole working in the direction of the sash.
The eventual slanted shape came about as in a normal squared shape shield the sash element became too short to have any impact and if it were shrunk to be more narrow then the fighter jet symbol would be too small and wouldn't be aligned with the angles on the F in the monogram.

The text was the hardest part to settle on, my original idea that I sketched didn't pan out and out of many variations it seemed the outlined EFC monogram worked best.

Below are some of the earlier sketches that show how the jet evolved from a simple triangle shapeto the stencil version in the final.

mh61wi.jpg
1keur.jpg
5mbakm.jpg

:)

I'm liking it but I really think the 'Bomber' should be flying Up (up). Unless this is a logo for their 2013 season.

yep good point but traditionally aren't bombers drawn as if they are dive bombing?

I've had a crapload of ideas for this that haven't panned out once i've actually gone to draw them.

Keep the entries coming people.

Put about three hours into a design which I personally thought was some of my best work yet, only to have my laptop crash at the end. Pretty pissed off but that's what you get for not saving while you work. No matter how much I redrew and tried I could not get the logo or lettering exactly the same as I had originally but never the less.

Primary
BOMBERS-PRIMARY.png

Secondary

BOMBERS-SECONDARY.png

Alternative

BOMBERS-ALTERNATIVE.png

Last edited:
That's brilliant! It's gonna be a very interesting vote.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

If you don't make this round multiple votes El_Scorcho I'm gonna have a real tough time voting.

Me too :)

Really good standard so far, with several entries that have knocked it out of the park IMO. A couple more days until Wednesday, let's see if we can get a few more.

Okay boys and girls, i'll be getting the poll up tomorrow night when I get home after going out for tea.

I know we have another great design or two waiting to be posted, so let's see them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back