Loddon Valley Netball

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading this post i couldn't help but make a comment. After watching the Calivil v Miti game on saturday, there is no way in the world that the Calivil girls could even make the grand final. The coach appeared to panic from the outset and made too many changes unbalancing the team. From what i saw the one girl that should have come off the court was Jarileey, she did nothing but bag out, frown, scowl and bitch towards her teammates. From where i was she was the problem with the Calivil side, she is too negative and carries on like she is the best netballer on court. I'm sorry scholtes but she is FAR from being a netballer like Leisa Barry. It will be a Y.C.W v Miti G/F!!!!!!
:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

one bad game does not mean she is a bad player. you would be frustrated too, if your team wasn't playing their best netball and you were getting knocked around a fair bit by the opposition which was clearly a tactic that seemed to work. The Calivil girls just didn't bring their a game. enough said.
Wasn't she the captain of the interleague team and also got best on in a team/game that included Leisa Barry, Cara Bastian etc? so if jez wants to act like the best netballer on the court thats her choice but I do know her personally and she is a very humble girl. She takes the teams losses personally and only has praise for her team mates especially the two defenders in Lauren Freemantle and Teigan Redwood. She always plays with her heart on her sleeve. Frustration comes out in different ways and unfortunately, hers was at her attack end team mates who none of them, including Jez, were playing well against the strong Mitiamo defence.
I wouldn't write Calivil off yet. They have a great side, just weren't on the weekend. Don't be harsh on a team that is one of the few in the league that plays netball clean and fast the way it should be. Too many teams are adopting the new contact approach and it is sad to see.
In saying that though, the Mitiamo team were on fire on the weekend. Nobody could've stopped them. This weeks game will be interesting between Yc and Mitiamo. I personally believe Mitiamo will get up.
But next time, don't judge a somebody who has shown she is a great player. She just needs to grow up, that's all. :)

Ok.. so that bring season 2010 to a close.. What about 2011..

So this is what I've got..

Newbridge
Carmen coaching, with Brittany Eastman as assistant.
Heard on the grapevine are having a year of rebuilding with a lot of juniors coming up, and not try outs..

Marong
Bob is back at the helm. Will Em play again?
and will Belina Connors be playing this year?

Serpentine
Will they survive to enter a team in 2011?

Inglewood
*** got nothing ****

Bridgewater
Ash Cole has potentially made the move from Sandhurst to Bridgewater.
Laura Naughton has hung up the netball shoes and retired, will be tough shoes to fill in the defense circle

Mitamo
Glenda not coaching, has a male coach.. does anyone know who?
Ray.. has retired AGAIN.. but will she make a come back
Jane is playing again, but Penny? Laura? Shasta?

YCW
losing any players?
Janelle Hobbs again quiet in off season but in state league apparently

Calivil
Bree is back, but Jarileey is pregnant, big loss for their mid court.
Will Teigan continue to travel back from Melb each week??

Pyramid Hill
Will Jess Scott be coaching again?
Danika may have tried out for a BFL club

Well I think that's about it.. what else do people have?????
Season 2011 should be interesting... Does anyone have a prediction for the season.. Be Bold!!

Anyone see the interleague match yesterday?
Thought Lauren freemantle and Sarah ludemann played well
Closely followed by Stacey bell. Otherwise not really much happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back