Loddon Valley Netball

Remove this Banner Ad

gossipgirl

Debutant
Jan 9, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Essendon
I don't know about anyone else but club's are called football/netball clubs not football clubs!!!
So are there any takers on who people think will be the teams to beat this year. I think that Prymaid will still be the team to beat again, to many classy players that glue so well as a team, reckon Mitty will be up there again and just as a suprise roughie big whispers coming out of marong so keep an eye on them, and of couse can you ever discount YC:)

good to see you took advise maybe you are not that stupid....
and by the way footballers are important sweetheart they are what makes a league so stop your feminie bullsh*t with me and deal with it.:thumbsu:

Like you told me bomber started own thread if you don't want to talk netball f off, and go to the footy thread no need to be here but thanks for being the first reply:)

Anything to help because I don't think this thread will have any other reply's than the one's I'm sending to you, but good-luck. I think that Mitty will be in the grand final this year with Prymaid like you said the Prymaind girls are too good they proved that in last year's grand final gave newbridge a netball lesson. (Went to check out the chicks it the tight dresses, I know you boys do the same so don't lie to me...):thumbsu:

Can anyone from Bridgewater confrim the new coach of A grade, I heard a whisper it is a ex player from another club, don't want to put their name on here just in cause it is not true?

I don't know about anyone else but club's are called football/netball clubs not football clubs!!!
So are there any takers on who people think will be the teams to beat this year. I think that Prymaid will still be the team to beat again, to many classy players that glue so well as a team, reckon Mitty will be up there again and just as a suprise roughie big whispers coming out of marong so keep an eye on them, and of couse can you ever discount YC:)

So Prymaid have got Pyramid covered then?

Can anyone from Bridgewater confrim the new coach of A grade, I heard a whisper it is a ex player from another club, don't want to put their name on here just in cause it is not true?

was speaking to someone from b'water the other week and can confirm that their coach is from an other club......newbridge A grade player, the tall GS, not sure of her name though...can't remember

who is coaching the clubs?

Does anybody know a bus from Bendigo to YC home ground that leaves in time to catch the C grade netball?

great to see your netball thread took off gossipgirl, not, lol. why dont you send out an email to each club telling them its on here.
The Agrade coach at bridgie is Brooke Walters, super girl, said newbridge was very ordinary, she has lots of great ideas, they will do really well this year. Miti are in awesome form, so many options with big Inga up forward. YC have recruited well, and from what i have heard are kicking it to the kerb. should be a good game this week against our girls at Bridgie. YC have got Marongs GS from last year and the talented Lisa Barry, coupled with the experience of Jen Wilson, and Nic Donelon. Also heard they are trying a young girl from juniors, only 14 and is playing A grade. pretty talented i hear.

Who's everyone reckon will win the LV netball flag?
Interview on Miti netballer Ingrid Hopkins on www.[URL blocked] sounds like their going well at the moment.

Who's everyone reckon will win the LV netball flag?
Interview on Miti netballer Ingrid Hopkins on www.[URL blocked] sounds like their going well at the moment.

I think Calivil could be the sneaky ones in the netball, our Bridgy girls have dramatically improved, but after YC beating Miti, they are the yard stick. I hear Jen Wilson is there coach and if she is anything like her brother then they should be a well skilled team. top lass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok girls lets get this thread really started. Surely some of you out there know some gossip about the different clubs after all we are female and gossiping is what we do best.
I'll start with what i have heard for the 2010 season. Feel free to correct me if im wrong. Is only second maybe third hand information.
Newbridge: Anthea has left to give BFL a try again. No major information that i have heard so far.
Marong: Have picked up both Gartside girls from YC. Should really strengthen marongs chances. Dont be suprised if they are top 5 this year. Could be the dark horse. Defenders is what their side lacked last year and with Bob as coach who knows who else he will bring with him.
Calivil: Havent heard much about their ins and outs. Anyone have any information. Will be a very strong side again this year.
Serp and Inglewood: Again will probably really struggle, would be great for the league if they could find themselves competitive again.
YC: From their premiership side have lost 3 players. As i said before both Gartside girls are off to Marong. Big loss to YC, and Lisa Barry is off to Mount Pleasant in the Heathcote League. With Lisa gone i think YC will struggle for a third premiership. She completly controlled their attack end and was unstopable in the final series. YC really lacked a GA this year with the retirement of Nic Donellan so unless they pick up another Lisa or Nic have no one to feed to Cara. Dont think YC are any major threat this year.
Miti: Ray to finally retire but always manage to field a strong side
Pyramid: Probably the most under achieving side in 2009. Had the players to win it but didnt put it on court. If Brooke returns from having a baby and Jess stays and plays Pyramid could be very strong final contenders.
Bridgy: Well i dont think they have lost any players from their 2009 side. Stacy and Laura were fantastic this year. Bridgy really struggled for a dynamic goaler and if they pick one up they are my early pick for 2010.

How wrong.
Ycw are going to be Very strong again next season.
Leisa Barry is staying at ycw, looking for three premierships in a row.
Have only lost 1 player from last years premiership side and have gained Lauren Gardiner back who's height in defence will be a huge bonus.
Also i hear only 1 of the Gartside girl's are going to Marong.
Have retained everyone else plus a few more gun recruits on the go.
Go eagles...:)

As i said before correct me if i am wrong. This is just what i had been told.
Looks like YC will be up there again but my pick is still with Bridgy.

As i said before correct me if i am wrong. This is just what i had been told.
Looks like YC will be up there again but my pick is still with Bridgy.
Calival are big contentdors they have excellent talent especially with teagan as their last line in defence. If she has a great year she will lift calival. Bridgewater do have the dynamic shooters kim and natasha shot fantastically throughout the season but had the undisciplinded players around them bridgewater need to do recuitinting to fill the aging team, stacey has the potential but players around her bring her down. Newbridge will find changes this year coaches and players i hope they don't get intwinded of players of years that should be in top positions, this may punish thier finals hopes. Yes Marong has recruited the umpire bob this is a bit of concern as he has been around netball for a while and the players that would follow him in all levels it might not be next year but building on future years is a worry. I find it suprising that ycw have managed to keep these players with leisa she is a great player but i thought more things would attrack her to mount pleasent but who wouldn't chase a third premership. I am suprised that they have managed to keep 1 gartside girl, YCW must have a bit of pull to keep one of them. I love watching these girls and i don't know what they would be like on opposite ends of the court. Together i dont think much can get past them. I have heard YCW have been recruiting but put alot of noses out of joint by doing so. It will be an interesting year i wouldn't put any one on a pedestal

The team to beat this year i believe would be Marong as word is they have managed to get both sharon koch, her sister and daughter from Huntly.. and sharon is still playing fanastic netball and isn't slowing as the years go.:thumbsu:

YC are always a strong team and may have the people to field a strongish A team, but from what i'm hearing a lot of girls have disagreed with the new players coming and and they may struggle with the depth of previous years, and to have the strong reliable people to fill in if the occur any of the injuries that they had last year.
:thumbsdown:

I would be inclined to agree that if YC manage to be competeive they will definately lack depth - going by the recent news reports they only have 2 players anyway :thumbsdown:

I would also agree that the YC camp already appears to be unsettled with premiership players feeling a lot of pressure and frustration with the real season yet to begin. It will be interesting to see who hangs around after State League finishes.

It's not suprising to hear about new faces (and old ones returning) to Marong with Bob being there. Although I wouldnt get too excited about this season, 2011 should be their year. I hear both Gartside girls have definately committed to Marong, they would also attract alot of new faces and would no doubt be setting a high standard at training :thumbsu:

all the talk seems to be about ycw.... so why everyone else is going who was the player that tried to recruit 3 of the key premership players to mount pleasant???

in all honesty, its going to be a calivil and yc grand final this year. though ralene spence has returned for mitiamo (again..whats that like the 5th time out of retirement and always half way through once they've lost a few games) i dont think they will be able to be up there. it is going to be a calivil yc grand final all the way. but who will take out the league b & f this year? laura spence wont be back to back. she hasnt had a good start to the season. will cara go one better??? thats the interesting thing.

or even teigan redwood.....she placed equal third last year in the count and whispers fro calivil says she has had a fantastic start to the season but who knows. the competition has been very even.
still sticking with a yc and calivil grand final. half way through the season and they are the stand out teams.
yc weakness is in defence, they have cara in goals and leisa feeding her from anywhere on the court, and not to mention a goal attack who can actually play goal attack, their attack end is very hard to stop but they're defence is not what it used to be. with garts and georgia in there, its not as strong as years gone by but it will be interesting to see.
calivil though have missed brianna in goal attack, have gained rebecca hynes, who gives them a little bit of height and accuracy in goals, with georgie ralphs, who is still soft in the hands, they can be fed by their little wing attack who plays like leisa barry (whats her name again?) very well which will bring out the weakness of yc's defence. this will be the best possible game on grand final day and i believe it will happen and itll be a close one.
bridgey need to start playing some better netball. they have been on the slide now after their good start to the season. itll be interesting where they end up as i personally believe they arent that good of a side. stacey and laura yes both good players, but where are the rest of them to help these two out? not up to standard. except for kym childs. very good goaler.

pyramid, surprise packet but they have danica and jess who are both good players. jess is better in defence than attack though, danica should stay in attack.
Miti, they need to start working on the youngsters. they cant keep relying on rae to keep coming out of retirement to play again to start winning. the time has come for her to retire, it really has. work on somebody else to tak over from her and youll have a player like her in mnay years to come.
i cant be othered going over the other teams but the top 5 will finish this order: Yc
Calivil
Mitiamo
Pyramid
Bridgewater

and the league b &f: Teigan redwood
Cara Bastian
Jess Scott
Leisa Barry
Stacey Randall
any takers????

After reading this post i couldn't help but make a comment. After watching the Calivil v Miti game on saturday, there is no way in the world that the Calivil girls could even make the grand final. The coach appeared to panic from the outset and made too many changes unbalancing the team. From what i saw the one girl that should have come off the court was Jarileey, she did nothing but bag out, frown, scowl and bitch towards her teammates. From where i was she was the problem with the Calivil side, she is too negative and carries on like she is the best netballer on court. I'm sorry scholtes but she is FAR from being a netballer like Leisa Barry. It will be a Y.C.W v Miti G/F!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back