Stats & History Locations & Venues Hub

Remove this Banner Ad

Flog Oval
1573300922514.png Hind
Fact File
Season Built: Season 27
Current Tenant: Fighting Furies (pre-season venue)
Previous Tenants: N/A
Previous Names: N/A
Dimensions: 170m x 142m

Last edited:
Spotswood Park
1573299640519.png

Fact File
Season Built: Unknown
Current Tenant: N/A
Previous Tenants: West Gate Trolls (failed expansion bid, proposed venue)
Dimensions: Unknown

Last edited:
Municipal Park Reserve
1573300693801.png

Fact File
Current Tenant: Razors FFC (lower leagues)

Last edited:

Highway Reserve
Fact File
Current Tenant: Old Timmians (lower leagues)

Hey Mobbs, those other grounds in the Minecraft map that aren't already on this list, they just lower division grounds? If any have been used by a club at some point please let me know and I will update. :)

I think you've got them all, or very close. From memory:

Grounds that exist but have never been used in the Sweet FA : Municipal Reserve, Highway Reserve, Fulmina Oval, Spotswood Oval (expansion bid).
Grounds that exist, but not currently Sweet FA (except rare eg Heritage Round) : Dark Park, Alberton Oval, Waverley Oval.
Current alternative venues : Flog Oval, Renown Park.
Grounds that have been demolished but were used at least once in Sweet FA : Windy Hill, Subiaco Oval, Freo Docklands, Attenboro Oval (#2), Wonderland Arena (Attenboro Oval #1), House of Gumby Reserve*
Grounds that have been demolished but were never used in the Sweet FA :
- North Waverley Oval,
- Attenboro Oval #3,
- various grounds in Treiu Jenierr Park, Dun Lop prior to SFA Park / Dun Lop Stadium being built.
- Nou Camp Oval (site of new Los Carraras SC which includes both SITS and UndyStad)

Ok now I've gone crosseyed.

HOG is a weird one, the Gumbies moved from "House Of Gumby" across the road to "Gumby Gardens" but still call this the House Of Gumby, having reconfigured the name to encapsulate the sports precinct rather than just the original ground. Technically it's Gumby Gardens now, and the House Of Gumby refers technically now to the indoor training venue which sits on the remains of the original House Of Gumby reserve.

Hot.

There are also records of older grounds, long gone, from pre-Sweet FA comps, where the location of the past ground is simply "not known". For instance, nobody knows where Church of Duritz played, however the church itself still stands, yet its grounds clearly could never have hosted a reserve, unless ... *closing credits music and voiceover urging us to tune in again next week*

A number of small competitions existed earlier, pre-Sweet FA, and a few persisted concurrently with the Sweet FA, too. These days there's one other competition in town. I'll find some data for you soon. Just adding more street names at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy Parker

Thanks akkaps ! This initial research was found to be insufficiently exhaustive. It's a great start, but some competitions actually had more teams which weren't reported in the data, and some additional smaller social competitions also existed. I'll still source some of that for laters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back