Unsolved Lisa Jane Brown - Murder - 1998 - Perth WA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the CSK will be shown to be a prolific sexual preditor who, despite having access to consentual sex, attacks women because he enjoys violent sex.
An interesting point might be that any prostitutes recognise the current accused? Although Id say the premeditated crime meant he would have stayed off the radar.

Sounds familiar doesn't it GeorgieGirl

Daily News, 28 May 1988

Dorothy, a 44 year old woman had left Clouds Nightclub at the Sheraton, crossed Adelaide Terrace and got into her car on Hill st
What followed was such a systematic & sadistic bashing that police were to find clumps of her hair the next day amongst blood and pearls from her necklace he'd torn from her neck in his frenzy of pulverizing blows.

She believes he's in his 20's-30's.

He ground the abrasive palm into her face, Repeatedly punching her in the mouth. He bashed her against a brick wall, dragged her to a span of metal poles and beat her like a doll against them.
He dragged her across the street into a courier car park, flung her face down and stepped on the base of her spine. He punched her kidneys and ground her face into the ground until her bladder and bowels gave way.
He pulled her arms behind her and wrapped them in parcel tape stolen from the couriers. He tied the cummerbund from her dress around her mouth and then taped her ankles.
She thought she was about to be raped, instead he kept running the sticky tape around her until she was wrapped like an Egyptian mummy, a cocoon.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/julie-cutler-murder-1988-cottesloe-wa.1180051/page-10

There was no violent sex in this attack you have quoted about 20 times, so how could it sound familiar? The accuses CSK would have been around 18 in 1988, not in his 20s or 30s.

"Dorothy" was quoted as saying "I thought I was about to be raped. He pushed against me and I realised he did not have an erection. I cannot tell you the relief at knowing he could not rape me."

In fact, this man did not enjoy violent sex and could not get an erection and rape his victim.
You have totally missed the point and the likely perp here!

And as I've said it's interesting report posted once, but your repeated and repeated posting of your restrictive point of view to try to create some sort of illusion of truth has become pointless spam.

Also, even though you have spammed the "Dorothy" story into yet another thread you have missed linking to Lisa Brown or (as previously suggested) some of the 16 to 18 violent unsolved sexual attacks, over the previous 2 years with the latest being in May 1988, that may have involved the accused CSK. He has been charged with one of these attacks, interrupted before fleeing.

Last edited:
There was no violent sex in this attack you have quoted about 20 times, so how could it sound familiar? The accuses CSK would have been around 18 in 1988, not in his 20s or 30s.

In fact, this man did not enjoy violent sex and could not get an erection and rape his victim.
You have totally missed the point and the likely perp here!

Also, you have missed linking (as previously suggested) some of the 16 to 18 violent unsolved sexual attacks, over the previous 2 years with the latest being in May 1988, that may have involved the accused CSK. He has been charged with one of these attacks, interrupted before fleeing.

I don't believe this crime fits him as well either. The victim was much older and wasn't raped. The time and location fits though. And his age at 18 was not that far from the victim's description of 20 to 30 y.o. But what 18y.o. can't get it up? I don't think the crimes are linked. But then who knows? He was just building up his skills. The most logical explanation would be she was too old for him maybe? It was dark when he attacked her. I remember being 18 and the thought of having sex with a 44 year old would have been like having sex with your Mum. Maybe he didn't realize when he attacked. She was leaving a nightclub and probably dressed up nicely. He may have gotten angry when he realized hence the brutal attack. This one's out of the ball park for me... there are others much closer to home to look at.

Just recalling the reported 60+ detectives working on investigating historic unsolved murders and missing persons.
Including the 30 or so from NSW. :)
I wonder how many from other states and other jurisdictions. That quite an overtime and secondment bill. And they have been around for quite a while. The payback will be worth the investment. Any thoughts on why so many?

1. They received a large amount of funding from the Government to conduct a cold case review.
2. They have a lot of cold cases and leads to investigate- WA has a lot of missing and murdered women- many of whom WAPOL never properly investigated back then. That requires a lot of manpower.
3. They have more viable cases that need investigating. Dna testing is so quick and cheap now and dna samples can be gained from smaller specimens, it is worth testing historical evidence.
4. They want to solve all of the serious cold cases and now have the funding and the technology to do so.
5. If any of the cold cases are linked then they are looking for a serial killer.
6. Hopefully because they feel ashamed they took so long to try to solve these crimes and get closure for the victims' families. So WAPOL are now giving it their all.

But mostly it comes down to money. Funding coinciding with advances in technology. It would be interesting to find out whose idea the increased funding was.

Familial DNA technology must be a game changer.
Now is the time so to speak.
Id say it is great experience for some officers in other states to share experiences and expertise especially on certain cases.
There is the possibility someone may have committed crimes interstate.
Everyone takes away new technique learned and shares it with other officers.

You have to ponder who he knew.

Its like he almost had police protection at times. Like there was a deflection from him.

He was off the grid with no priors, so he was going to be hard to find

I wonder if the victims friends had ever met him. Then there is the guy with the Commodore that rented the room. I wonder if the room mate girls on Stirling highway have recognised him?

Last edited:
You have to ponder who he knew.

Its like he almost had police protection at times. Like there was a deflection from him.

He was off the grid with no priors, so he was going to be hard to find

I wonder if the victims friends had ever met him. Then there is the guy with the Commodore that rented the room. I wonder if the room mate girls on Stirling highway have recognised him?

I think the only protection he had was the male dominated, sexist and prejudiced late 80s/ early nineties WAPOL. That and their incompetence in investigating serious sexual assaults. Surely even back then all sexual assaults were reported to the sexual assualt squad? How could they ignore similar violent assaults? But they did, leaving the CSK to build up his confidence and continue to attack women. He was getting away with it thanks to the cops. They had similar assaults reported to them and they didn't link them until recently. They even had experts tell them they were linked. WAPOL still ignored it. By saying he had protection makes the cops sound organised, nope they were just useless.

I think the only protection he had was the male dominated, sexist and prejudiced late 80s/ early nineties WAPOL. That and their incompetence in investigating serious sexual assaults. Surely even back then all sexual assaults were reported to the sexual assualt squad? How could they ignore similar violent assaults? But they did, leaving the CSK to build up his confidence and continue to attack women. He was getting away with it thanks to the cops. They had similar assaults reported to them and they didn't link them until recently. They even had experts tell them they were linked. WAPOL still ignored it. By saying he had protection makes the cops sound organised, nope they were just useless.

It was a good time for criminals committing non crimes of passion. No security cameras, open communication networks. No integrated criminal databases. It was hard enough just running a number plate.

It was certainly harder in the day, and I ponder how much cooperation departments carried out. The departments were no where near as connected.

Familial DNA is going to break a lot of old cases. That may even be backdate from grandsons etc if the grandsons are put on a criminal database.

LW did himself no favours. He did however have a lot of the attributes police were looking for. In saying that, I'm surprised he wasn't cleared via DNA earlier but maybe there was not enough DNA until Karrakatta girl was connected.

View attachment 510142
Another Perth girl...posting in Lisa's thread as
Sorry... missing since 2001. She was known to frequent the highgate/ mt Lawley area. Could fit in this puzzle somewhere. The timing is right. A quick google search shows she was a street kid for a long time, even making a film about it. She was around 22 when she was last seen.

HAPPENING NOW: Detectives are digging up the backyard of a West Perth home- they’re investigating the 1998 disappearance of sex-worker Lisa Brown. #perthnews @7NewsPerth https://t.co/BYNtOy6Pvp

Wow ... fingers crossed they find something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess West Perth might rule out you-know-who.
Oh his parents brothers sister had property there and they helped counsel him

*do I need to?

Hopefully there is resolution for the Brown family

Oh his parents brothers sister had property there and they helped counsel him

*do I need to?

Hopefully there is resolution for the Brown family

I've saved your post for you seeing as your posts rarely have anything to do with the topic and usually heavily weighted with sarcasm.

Its like someone hurt you and you're angry at the world.

I've saved your post for you seeing as your posts rarely have anything to do with the topic and usually heavily weighted with sarcasm.

Its like someone hurt you and you're angry at the world.
No need to save it. There is thing called the internet that can do that for you :)

Sarcasm? Spot on. Its reserved for you and your ilk that have continually spouted that there is a 1 person sex and murder wave across Perth and have linked each and every missing person to this one person

So forgive my sarcasm but I dont need you to feel concerned about my emotional health

One can't always believe people online. There have been some 'deliberate' attempts at misinformation over the years. However, someone made comment she lived in the next street to you know who. Probably just coincidence.

Maybe police are rounding up for an inquest to square it away.

Last edited:
Yeah, some rando said she lived in the immediate vicinity of Twinkle Toes

Sorry... missing since 2001. She was known to frequent the highgate/ mt Lawley area. Could fit in this puzzle somewhere. The timing is right. A quick google search shows she was a street kid for a long time, even making a film about it. She was around 22 when she was last seen.

Rebecca attended Chisolm College which is located in West Perth. Her mother has stated she hung around this location 'and walked the streets'. Wapol are searching for Lisa Brown in West Perth. I will hazard a guess that both girls' disappearances were connected to one person.

I wonder if this was hinting at anything. Working Girls get involved in thefts. Perhaps someone had a grudge against her. That sounds like maybe they had someone in mind.
I don't consider it appropriate to raise innuendo about thefts with no evidence these particular girls were involved in such.

Could Richard Dorrough have been involved with Lisa or Rebecca's murders?

Could Richard Dorrough have been involved with Lisa or Rebecca's murders?
A quick google search could answer your questions but you suggest innuendo of someone who has provided a link without actually listening to the link and don't consider that maybe there has been an arrest for Rebecca's murder.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national...becca-delalande-s-murder-20190315-p514ku.html

What evidence do you have that Richard Dorrough was in Western Australia at the time. He didn't seem to appear there until 2008.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa...ore-death-ng-5db2ff7d9fb88ad450c7711d90050452

Remove this Banner Ad

Back