LinkedIn

Remove this Banner Ad

Networking and talking to strangers is not my forte. I'm disgraceful at it but my new job requires it so it'll be interesting

Don't be disheartened if you have to smoke bomb one early, I did this once, can be intimidating at first. The thing I learnt was that there's a lot of people in the same boat ie flying solo trying to network. So I usually walk in, try and pick someone who's on their own and talk to them, they're usually hanging for someone to chat. Then someone else joins the group for a chat and you're away!

Don't be disheartened if you have to smoke bomb one early, I did this once, can be intimidating at first. The thing I learnt was that there's a lot of people in the same boat ie flying solo trying to network. So I usually walk in, try and pick someone who's on their own and talk to them, they're usually hanging for someone to chat. Then someone else joins the group for a chat and you're away!
Lisa Simpson Flirting GIF by The Simpsons

A work colleague has connected with a guy from a company we're trying to work with. She showed me the DMs she got from him, he included his Instagram URL and asked her to connect with him "so he can send her some cheesy pick up lines". She didn't accept his Insta follow and now doesn't want to deal with the campaigner, and fair enough.

Nothing wrong with shooting your shot I guess but not sure Linkedin is the place for it.

I've just finished a fixed term contract and signed on permanently. I like the role well enough and it will take me through to retirement.

The first thing I did was to close my LinkedIn account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back