Club Legend
May 6, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Heat
Liberatore, an assistant coach for Carlton in 2007, has again claimed that:

the Blues - under interim coach Brett Ratten - were constructing ways to lose by warehousing players for the season and pulling stars including Brendan Fevola from the field.

"We had players who at the time didn't play for the rest of the year. To me that's tanking, isn't it?"
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n-tanked-in-2007/story-fni5fazt-1226695145195

The AFL have already pulled a half arsed investigation into Liberatore's tanking claims, much like they did after Bailey's press conference when he was sacked in 2011.

The AFL then launched a full scale investigation into Melbourne after McLean's "blind freddy" comments On The Couch.

SURELY this warrants a full scale investigation into the dealings of the Carlton Football Club in the second half of 2007 - they lost the last 11 games straight when they reached the priority pick win limit. Even if concrete proof is not found, like at Melbourne, with Libbas comments it's evident they at least deserve a $500,000 fine for 'conduct unbecoming'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liberatore, an assistant coach for Carlton in 2007, has again claimed that:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n-tanked-in-2007/story-fni5fazt-1226695145195

The AFL have already pulled a half arsed investigation into Liberatore's tanking claims, much like they did after Bailey's press conference when he was sacked in 2011.

The AFL then launched a full scale investigation into Melbourne after McLean's "blind freddy" comments On The Couch.

SURELY this warrants a full scale investigation into the dealings of the Carlton Football Club in the second half of 2007 - they lost the last 11 games straight when they reached the priority pick win limit. Even if concrete proof is not found, like at Melbourne, with Libbas comments it's evident they at least deserve a $500,000 fine for 'conduct unbecoming'.
Another Melbourne team being investigated for tanking, should the Crows start worrying? :p

LOL, Tony Liberatore and his feels again.

He's admitted nobody was ever told to lose on purpose, and it wasn't talked about amongst the staff.

This didn't have legs the first time around, and it seems like an odd time to bring it back up.
Why is it odd and maybe he was threatened to say he was not telling the truth when claiming it by people at or involved at Carlton. It seems even if they did indeed tank they have struggled from doing that.

LOL, Tony Liberatore and his feels again.

He's admitted nobody was ever told to lose on purpose, and it wasn't talked about amongst the staff.

This didn't have legs the first time around, and it seems like an odd time to bring it back up.

Seems pretty much like what Brock McLean said.

I'd like to think there would be a full scale investigation, with Haddadi and Clothier locking people in rooms and demanding answers, but I really don't care enough.

Sport is corrupt to the core, pathetic governance.

Depends what you call tanking. There's a pretty blurred line.

My local club had high hopes this year only to have a long list of injuries half way through and a slight chance to slip into the finals. It was decided that there was no point and we might as well get the players right for next season and give some kids in the reserves a chance to play senior footy for the remainder of the year. Is that tanking? West Coast have put players in for surgery, John Worsfold said today he was unsure how many wins they had or where they were on the ladder (if he wasn't taking the piss), are they tanking?

I'd like some evidence besides Libba's "feeling" to support the claim of Carlton tanking. All I remember was that Carlton were genuinely shit and lost 11 on the trot and the only strange decision was to leave Travis Johnstone as loose man and allow him to have as much ball as he wanted. Which Ratten explained why that decision was made.

How about sending something Richmonds way. At the time both those clubs cheated and were trying to lose, Richmond were trying not to win (to little avail) and as a result of the manipulation of results, we missed out on picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back