Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Is there anything official on this? Makes sense and everything I've understood is that it's Freo but there's always that doubt. Formally reported Freo have given an offer and WC havent would lock him into Freo IMO
I think it was Ralph that mentioned it the other day on the football show he is on but dont think you will get anything official from anybody at this point

Yep rumour is that he wants to play for Eagles but the club havent offered him a contract, Freo have tho.

Would love to have him but he would simply cost too much, we'd have to downgrade our presumed top 4 pick for starters.

I'm expecting either WC or Hawthorn to ask Freo about swapping their picks for the higher up one in order to facilitate their trade in players.

Yep rumour is that he wants to play for Eagles but the club havent offered him a contract, Freo have tho.

Would love to have him but he would simply cost too much, we'd have to downgrade our presumed top 4 pick for starters.
I was always told he would never play for Freo (for whatever reason) from people close to Baker so I can see that. Just spitballing but I would wager discussions from the three clubs are some like:
Richmond: "We want you around but if you dont want to sit through a rebuild, now is a great time for you to head back"
West Coast: "We think you're great, but can't commit a pick that will satisfy Richmond to bring you in"
Freo:
Come Austin Powers GIF

I'm ok if we are his third choice, seems too good a bloke to let it impact his performance

I was always told he would never play for Freo (for whatever reason) from people close to Baker so I can see that. Just spitballing but I would wager discussions from the three clubs are some like:
Richmond: "We want you around but if you dont want to sit through a rebuild, now is a great time for you to head back"
West Coast: "We think you're great, but can't commit a pick that will satisfy Richmond to bring you in"
Freo:
Come Austin Powers GIF

I'm ok if we are his third choice, seems too good a bloke to let it impact his performance
In all honest i dont believe you will find 1 Richmond supporter that would say anything Bad about Baker
He is that player that gives 100% all of the time and would jump inforont of Tex Walker at 100 miles an hour if it means winning a game.

Picks are picks but heart and soul type players are bloody hard to find and we have not had many high picks lately but i would rather have Baker for another 6-7 years than some magic beans around 10-15 that most likely could end up the next Corey Ellis , Ben Lennon , RCD , CCJ or even Erasmus from the looks of it.

In all honest i dont believe you will find 1 Richmond supporter that would say anything Bad about Baker
He is that player that gives 100% all of the time and would jump inforont of Tex Walker at 100 miles an hour if it means winning a game.

Picks are picks but heart and soul type players are bloody hard to find and we have not had many high picks lately but i would rather have Baker for another 6-7 years than some magic beans around 10-15 that most likely could end up the next Corey Ellis , Ben Lennon , RCD , CCJ or even Erasmus from the looks of it.
I get it, I remember saying the same about Cerra before he turned into the best forward prospect we've had since Pav, you guys have just been too good too long but the draft is where the magic beans go to work. Back in your recruiters to use the capital to find a someone who will play 200 games. Zac Butters also went pick 12

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it, I remember saying the same about Cerra before he turned into the best forward prospect we've had since Pav, you guys have just been too good too long but the draft is where the magic beans go to work. Back in your recruiters to use the capital to find a someone who will play 200 games. Zac Butters also went pick 12
I suppose we would have no choice and just have to hope the recruiters will get it right but
will be hard watching Bake's in that purple thing you guys wear

Freo:
Come Austin Powers GIF

Remember Yeo wanted to go to Freo but you didnt offer him a contract, he went to us instead, can see similar here unfortunately.

Richmond wont get a top 5 pick and they wouldnt expect that (they may ask for it as a starter just for sh!ts and giggs) but realistically just about everybody knows the rough trade value being anywhere between 10-15

But interesting that Freo are the team thats tabled the offer to baker and Eagles have not yet
Supporters for the club he's leaving saying (wanting) 10 to 15, Freo supporters saying (wanting) 15 to 25. Probably means that 14 to 18 is the real value.

Supporters for the club he's leaving saying (wanting) 10 to 15, Freo supporters saying (wanting) 15 to 25. Probably means that 14 to 18 is the real value.

If he does go it will be for the value of a top 10 pick

The market was set for Shultz last year and baker is a much better much more versatile player

If he does go it will be for the value of a top 10 pick

The market was set for Shultz last year and baker is a much better much more versatile player
Like I said, people want the best for their club. I would be disappointed with a top 10 pick being used. I've only just come around to a late first rounder for a utility because of the experience and leadership he would inject. That's inside mid costs.

I think the chat here is all for nothing really
Freo have 3 1st round picks
Fremantle - 5-8
Collingwood - finish 9-10
Port Adelaide - 5-8

All 3 picks most likely 10-15 anyway
Richmond will ask for the best , Freo will offer the worst and they will settle for the pick that is between the 2

Like I said, people want the best for their club. I would be disappointed with a top 10 pick being used. I've only just come around to a late first rounder for a utility because of the experience and leadership he would inject. That's inside mid costs.

It will be the value of a top 10 pick in pick second round picks and pick swaps

What the pies paid for Shultz set the market price

Remove this Banner Ad

Back