Lewis Jetta and players with similar views.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCE_phil

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 14, 2009
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
With Jetta's response to Goodes being booed yesterday there have obviously been some interviews with said players and I was absolutely disgusted with Jetta's opinion and response.

When asked about the booing he said "The booing was a disgrace, I was sticking up for goodesy and the crowd needs to be more respectful"

I tell you what Lewis. You need to play football and pull your head straight out of your arse. First of all, your reaction, not necessarily the war dance but giving the fist to the crowd afterwards is directly against the rules of the AFLPA code of conduct as it is a direct rule violation to incite the crowd. The difference in admission is that Goodes said his actions which caused an outcry were a goal celebration where as Jetta has come out and said it was a deliberate measure to stick up for his mate and incite the crowd. He should and will likely be fined unless of course they decide to pull the race card and let it pass.

Now the real issue i have is that he is under the assumption that the crowd should be more respectful of the players. What an absolute flog. The only reason he gets to play football for money is because of the fans. Without the people going to the games, without the tv viewers, without the club members you wouldn't have the life you have today.

The Fans > League > Clubs > Players

How about you show some respect.

With Jetta's response to Goodes being booed yesterday there have obviously been some interviews with said players and I was absolutely disgusted with Jetta's opinion and response.

When asked about the booing he said "The booing was a disgrace, I was sticking up for goodesy and the crowd needs to be more respectful"

I tell you what Lewis. You need to play football and pull your head straight out of your arse. First of all, your reaction, not necessarily the war dance but giving the fist to the crowd afterwards is directly against the rules of the AFLPA code of conduct as it is a direct rule violation to incite the crowd. The difference in admission is that Goodes said his actions which caused an outcry were a goal celebration where as Jetta has come out and said it was a deliberate measure to stick up for his mate and incite the crowd. He should and will likely be fined unless of course they decide to pull the race card and let it pass.

Now the real issue i have is that he is under the assumption that the crowd should be more respectful of the players. What an absolute flog. The only reason he gets to play football for money is because of the fans. Without the people going to the games, without the tv viewers, without the club members you wouldn't have the life you have today.

The Fans > League > Clubs > Players

How about you show some respect.
And without the players there are no clubs, there is no league, and there are no fans.

Circle of life. He's entitled to his opinion. You're entitled to yours. How about you show him some respect?

Seriously can we please not lock this? Let us discuss it. Ban those that don't adhere to the rules, don't ruin it for all because of a small minority of idiots.

Here comes the

11949848541326072700padlock_aj_ashton_01.svg.hi.png

I personally saw the celebration and the thought that sprang to mind was idiot. What has seriously pissed me off is his views on the fans. There are many, many thousands of people and players who would love nothing more than to run out and play for their football club and unflinchingly support them through the good and the bad.

In the same way that politicians should respect their constituates and not the other way around a football player should respect the fans not incite them and demand respect for us putting food on their plate.

Mhhm. Fans are a dime a dozen. AFL standard players are off the charts rare in terms of ability percentile. So this whole, without the fans there is no game thing just doesn't wash with me. A lot more people would notice if Jetta left the game than would if WCE_phil stopped supporting it.

I personally saw the celebration and the thought that sprang to mind was idiot. What has seriously pissed me off is his views on the fans. There are many, many thousands of people and players who would love nothing more than to run out and play for their football club and unflinchingly support them through the good and the bad.

In the same way that politicians should respect their constituates and not the other way around a football player should respect the fans not incite them and demand respect for us putting food on their plate.
Says it all really.

That is a very obviously false analogy. Politicians are genuinely beholden to their constituents. Their constituents have the right to hire or fire them. Football players are not beholden to their fans in anything like the same way. They are especially not beholden to the fans of other clubs. What you are expecting would be like expecting a Labor politician from the inner city to be beholden to a country electorate represented by the Nationals.

The fact that his celebration upset some precious people means I like it.
The fact the booing upset and put them off their games means I like it. That was the worst game I have ever seen Goodes play. Too old too slow, shown up by a first gamer more often than not.

I didn't boo. But come a final against them I will be joining in just for the fact it is putting their whole team off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans: Players should able to handle our booing. It's not that bad. Toughen up.
*One player does a dance*
Fans: WHAT THE **** SHOW SOME ****ING RESPECT HOW DARE YOU WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE

Didn't watch the game - am I right in understanding that the Subiaco crowd only booed Goodes, instead of every single piece of play, like they normally do?

Interesting.

Boooooooo.
Goodes wasnt even the most booed person out there.

Razor Ray. Bigger flog than Goodes.

Why do the crowd take so much offence to the war dance?

Because, as I am learning over the years, Australia is an incredibly conservative place, whereby there are set behaviours and ways we are allowed to express ourselves - anything else gets you a "pull ya head in".

I mean people complain about Didak's "shimmy" and Motlop's finger twirl.

FFS.

To be honest I don't really care about what he did, however the only way to stop people booing Goodes is to stop bringing it up every ****ing chance. Goodes is only booed now because the fans know it affects him. Jetta may be targeted now too with boos because he has admitted it affects him too.

If you were at the game you would understand how absolutely ridiculous Jetta looked and then coupled with his comments. The umpires, particularly with stuff behind play and out of camera shot played with 2 sets of rules in the first half yesterday. As one they were booed off the pitch at half time. Goodes was booed with no more than half the gusto, effort or loudness and in a show of how much people dislike him (not his race) there was as much laughter at his cockups as booing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back