Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's under the condition that you can watch to the end:

I was trying to work out a long running film or if they'd let you watch the full series of films, say like the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so to extend the time

But I do like this suggestion - pending things don't get cut short if you fall asleep

The "Irishman" was pretty good...has Di Niro after all. The Hateful Eight was another I watched recently. Samual Jackson and Kurt Russell go well in this one and I just luv the accent of the the new sheriff. To be honest I watched the H8 twice in a week. Enjoyed it both times.

Try 'Midnight run'.
Watched it again last night just for a laugh
classic De niro + a quality cast make it one of my top ten. If you don't enjoy this movie you are brain dead.

Watched on your recommendation...enjoyed it a lot.

Did you manage to see the British version of Death at a Funeral? Do yourself a favour....

Just finished watching The Favourite - no idea what I watched or how to really describe it

It's not on my must rewatch list, and not sure if I would recommend it but I also wouldn't say to not watch it - it's one of those films that some will love and others less so
Yep, weird film. Thought it was just me but wife turned to me at the end and said WTF? Or something equivalent. Overrated.
Olivia Coleman brilliant though.

Last edited:
Watched on your recommendation...enjoyed it a lot.

Did you manage to see the British version of Death at a Funeral? Do yourself a favour....
Watched the uk version quite a few years ago. Great film. Didn't know there was a remake.( IMDB not too kind to the later version.)
Alan Tudyk...poor guy. Tyrion..What a fantastic cast.
Think I might search that one out for another go round. ;)

Saw The Keeper last week.
True story, excellent movie, great for Man City fans.

Saw Juliet, Naked last night. Nice story, great music, and the very beautiful Rose Byrne..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been trying to maximise the free movie channel offer from Foxtel before I lose access at the end of the month - seriously may have to reconsider my subscription option when it gets switched off...

So this past week/s movie watching seems to have started with bit a of theme...

- First Man; I'm thinking we all know the basic story of the moon landing, but it was good to start to understand more of what was involved leading up to that

Easy movie to watch

- Zero Dark Thirty; uncomfortable at times, but interesting to see more of the story behind the hunt for Bin Laden. And credit to the scriptwriters as the movie was ready to go based on the unsuccessful 10 year hunt for Bin Laden, and then the USA successfully track him down & kill him; nothing like having to rewrite the ending of a film inspired by a true story

Definitely recommend

- Rabbit Proof Fence; I had never watched it until this week, and it's coincidental in terms of the timing of that and the protests.

Highly recommended the film if anyone hasn't seen it, and right now really seems the time that we should be learning about our history who may not be so aware of things

- 7 Days in Entebbe; also inspired by true events, where in 1976, a terrorist group hijacks a Tel Aviv to Paris bound airplane and holds the passengers hostage. The Israeli government decides against negotiating and sets up a rescue operation.

The movie itself could have been better, especially as it's based on a compelling story

I did try watching Munich, but turned off after half an hour as it didn't keep my attention - then watched First Man

That ended my directly inspired by true events showings for the time being

King Kong, 2005 edition; I've never seen any of the King Kong films, and I just wanted something that was a bit of fun & this was it.

Yesterday I watched Saving Private Ryan for the first time and the was really good.
Across high school & uni I studied Shakespeare in Love (3 times) and The Thin Red Line, and having now watched SPR, I still don't understand how Shakespeare in Love did as well as it did across the awards season - bullshit to have won the best picture Oscar ahead of those 2 war films which are both great for their own reasons

Today's viewing was Little Shop of Horrors (1986); I found it enjoyable, and good watching on a cold Sunday afternoon

With my Foxtel box nearly full of recordings, decided it was time to watch a movie this afternoon... The Exorcist

Maybe it's because I watched it in the middle of the afternoon, but I didn't find it to be that scary - it wasn't laughable stupid like slasher flicks from the late 90s & 00s. Some of it seemed more disturbing or freaky than scary

Good movie, glad I watched it and hope it doesn't get remade - leave the classics alone

With my Foxtel box nearly full of recordings, decided it was time to watch a movie this afternoon... The Exorcist

Maybe it's because I watched it in the middle of the afternoon, but I didn't find it to be that scary - it wasn't laughable stupid like slasher flicks from the late 90s & 00s. Some of it seemed more disturbing or freaky than scary

Good movie, glad I watched it and hope it doesn't get remade - leave the classics alone
Hasn't it been redone?

I watched Destroyer the other day - so not a typical Nicole Kidman film; definitely has a darker context then she's known for

It's not a movie to watch with kids around, nor would it be for everyone - I'm glad I've watched it, though I'm still debating how much I enjoyed it, but it's not that I didn't enjoy it (hope that makes sense)

I watched Destroyer the other day - so not a typical Nicole Kidman film; definitely has a darker context then she's known for

It's not a movie to watch with kids around, nor would it be for everyone - I'm glad I've watched it, though I'm still debating how much I enjoyed it, but it's not that I didn't enjoy it (hope that makes sense)

Tried to watch that.... not for me. Sometimes I wish sometimes actors didnt reach so much. I have never watch eyes wide shut either and I like Kubrick.

anyway...

Watched Green Book the other day... enjoyed it . I do not usually enjoy the movies I feel are preaching at me thru some sort of political mind wash correct society POV ... but I enjoyed this one. The two leads are excellent. almost didn't recognise VM

Tried to watch that.... not for me. Sometimes I wish sometimes actors didnt reach so much. I have never watch eyes wide shut either and I like Kubrick.

anyway...

Watched Green Book the other day... enjoyed it . I do not usually enjoy the movies I feel are preaching at me thru some sort of political mind wash correct society POV ... but I enjoyed this one. The two leads are excellent. almost didn't recognise VM

I'm a Kubrick fan and generally enjoyed his films - I've watched Eyes Wide Shut, can remember parts of the movie but wouldn't really be able to give a synopsis of the movie & don't think I could have even after I watched it. It was a weird, weird film

And agree on Green Book - saw it in cinemas last year and really enjoyed it

And I keep waiting for VM to win an Oscar; about 10 years ago the Good Friday Appeal started running an online auction as part of their appeal, and the first year they held the auction they had a couple of dozen pairs of "Baby Blunnies" signed by various personalities. Put a last minute bid on what was the cheapest pair & they happened to be signed by Viggo; be good to see him win a few awards so maybe his signature can increase in value

I'm a Kubrick fan and generally enjoyed his films - I've watched Eyes Wide Shut, can remember parts of the movie but wouldn't really be able to give a synopsis of the movie & don't think I could have even after I watched it. It was a weird, weird film

And agree on Green Book - saw it in cinemas last year and really enjoyed it

And I keep waiting for VM to win an Oscar; about 10 years ago the Good Friday Appeal started running an online auction as part of their appeal, and the first year they held the auction they had a couple of dozen pairs of "Baby Blunnies" signed by various personalities. Put a last minute bid on what was the cheapest pair & they happened to be signed by Viggo; be good to see him win a few awards so maybe his signature can increase in value

Might be a while ..he tread on a few PC toes in an interview withe the N word

The musical part actor Mahershala Ali was excellent too... he was in True Detective3 and the Academy award was well earned.

I have a spreadsheet with every film that has won the best Pic, director, Actor and Actress as well as all the nominee films, which I am 70%ish of the way through.

Last night I watched The Bells of St Marys which is a 1945 film that was nominated for all of those (no wins). It was on Tubi which is a shitty VOd service with ads.

Lots of b, c & d grade films on it with the occasional awesome thing to watch (the above movie not being one of them)

Watched a couple of movies this week

A few days ago I decided to re-watch 28 Days Later - watched it when I was at uni and could remember bits of if. I forgot how cheap it looked, but shouldn't be too surprised as it had a budget of like $8 million - didn't have the polish of modern studio blockbusters but that was part of the appeal, and a tick in my books

Today I watched the sequel - 28 Weeks Later, first time watching it. Most noticeable thing was that it had a more polished look to it

Didn't mind them, and maybe something of a fitting time to be watching pandemic type movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back