Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Raiders will take an OT or best CB. Bo Nix at QB will be a target for 2nd round pick.

Raiders will take an OT or best CB. Bo Nix at QB will be a target for 2nd round pick.
Couldn't have been much further from what happened haha

I wonder if we would look at trading Meyer now?

Welcome Brock Bowers

Brock Bowers is a rare, explosive play threat from the tight end position. Anytime he touches the ball, he could go for a house call.
Bowers has exceptional burst and speed. He tears away from most defenders once he gets the angle on them, and he rarely gets caught from behind. Being a little lighter at 240 pounds certainly helps, but he can explode even compared to other guys his size.
It's not just speed, though. Bowers also has rare vision and balance for a tight end. He's a natural at weaving through the second and third level of the defense, and he's more than strong enough to bounce tacklers off. Bowers is a complete ball-carrier with rare potential to generate explosive plays.

Slider.
Expected to go top ten

GRADE: 9.3 (Top-10 Player — 1st Round)

Last edited:
Couldn't have been much further from what happened haha

I wonder if we would look at trading Meyer now?
You listen to all the pre draft podcasts, shows mock drafts and then get the furtherest logical pick from what your believe the team needs. Undoubtedly Bowers is a very good player but they said the same about Mayer's and he is only coming into his second year. You would expect Mayer's to blossom in year 2 and 3 so it makes you wonder why another TE. As they say these days he is a pass catcher not necessarily a TE. I'm sure he will be productive but Minshew and AOC aren't really the long term future. Maybe a QB still in round 2 but he wouldn't be a recognised stud player so you'd be hoping for sleeper like Tom Brady.

You listen to all the pre draft podcasts, shows mock drafts and then get the furtherest logical pick from what your believe the team needs. Undoubtedly Bowers is a very good player but they said the same about Mayer's and he is only coming into his second year. You would expect Mayer's to blossom in year 2 and 3 so it makes you wonder why another TE. As they say these days he is a pass catcher not necessarily a TE. I'm sure he will be productive but Minshew and AOC aren't really the long term future. Maybe a QB still in round 2 but he wouldn't be a recognised stud player so you'd be hoping for sleeper like Tom Brady.
I guess we went for best available. That's supposed to be the way to success. Doesn't always work out.
Other drafts we have reached for needs without much luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

44. Kamari Lassiter, CB, Georgia​

Hypercompetitive yet calm, Lassiter is the kind of determined coverage presence who can find his way in any scheme. Though his ball skills and overall athleticism aren't optimal, he can be a steadying addition to a secondary.

40. Ennis Rakestraw Jr., CB, Missouri

42. Mike Sainristil, CB, Michigan

Some good Tackles still available and lots of WRs

So, looks like I was right with my guess....the Raiders would miss out in the 1st round on a QB, so badly needed a top tier prospect, and in the end would have to settle for a Spencer Rattler in the 2nd.
This guy knows his stuff 🎓

So, looks like I was right with my guess....the Raiders would miss out in the 1st round on a QB, so badly needed a top tier prospect, and in the end would have to settle for a Spencer Rattler in the 2nd.
It was pretty clear that those other teams were going to take QBs. Why trade out when they have needs for QB.
We may be looking at someone else, not Rattler

You're only right if they take Rattler in the second, which I personally doubt but who knows I guess. I still think they would have talent Penix at 13 if he was available - they tried to trade up for him according to James Palmer.

The Bowers selection came out of left field but it's easy to see the fit. Antonio Pierce has preached ill-intent, violence, physicality and pain ever since he got the interim job. Bowers plays with those traits as much as anyone in the draft.

Mayer, Bowers, Adams and Meyers as your top four pass catchers is an elite group.

New England built an elite offense having Gronk, Hernandez, Welker and Edelman. I suspect that is the same thinking with how they will build this Raiders offense stylistically.

I like the Bowers pick also, made the most of the situation at hand and took an elite talent. The Atlanta pick was mind boggling given Penix's age and the contract they paid Cousins, they can talk about Green Bay all they like with Rodgers and Love but it's nothing like that, Penix will likely be 28 by the time Cousins is done Love was 24 when Rodgers was, Green Bay also didn't spend a top 8 pick on Love. When you think you make big brain moves but all you do is show everyone how stupid you are.

I like the Bowers pick also, made the most of the situation at hand and took an elite talent. The Atlanta pick was mind boggling given Penix's age and the contract they paid Cousins, they can talk about Green Bay all they like with Rodgers and Love but it's nothing like that, Penix will likely be 28 by the time Cousins is done Love was 24 when Rodgers was, Green Bay also didn't spend a top 8 pick on Love. When you think you make big brain moves but all you do is show everyone how stupid you are.

I originally thought the Penix selection was ridiculous, but the way Cousins' contract is structured, they can get out of it in 2026 with a post June 1 designation, resulting in dead money cap hits of 12.5M in 2026 and 2027. Cousins would be 38 by the start of the 2026 season, so it's not crazy to think that Kirk is cut after 2 years if he doesn't produce. And if they think Penix is a franchise QB, it's not such a crazy move.

I'm not saying I would have done it if I were Atlanta (I would have drafted a defensive player), but I can understand the rationale. They potentially have their QB situation sorted out for the long term.

This is why Tepper/Snyder/etc micromanage their GMs

Would be an interesting exercise to see how many owners influence the picks in the draft especially in the first round or two. I suspect there are more meddlers than not.

I love the Bowers selection. Atlanta really fcked you guys up. Rattler is pro ready at least, could start day one. But you know the QBs remaining i really love as sleepers. Hopefully you take one....milton, schlee, rourke, calzado, my faves, theres a couple others, but theyre my main ones

I'd rather Joe Milton in round 4 than Rattler in round 2. The rest of the QBs in this draft are projects imo who won't be ready to start this upcoming season, in which case I'd rather wait till day 3 at the earliest to take a QB given the current needs on this roster.

Jackson Powers-Johnson was drafted No. 44 overall to the Las Vegas Raiders in the 2024 NFL Draft. The former Oregon Duck is versatile on the offensive line with a chance to make an immediate impact for Las Vegas.

JPJ” set milestones as the first Duck and Pac-12 player to win the Rimington Trophy, awarded to the nation’s best center. His accomplishments include being named a unanimous All-American, with first-team honors from the AFCA, Associated Press, FWAA, Sporting News, and Walter Camp.

Powers-Johnson excelled throughout the season, starting the first 13 games before opting out of the Vrbo Fiesta Bowl to prepare for the NFL Draft. According to Pro Football Focus, he led all FBS centers in both overall and run-blocking grades and was second in pass-blocking. Remarkably, he allowed just one pressure and no sacks in 471 pass-blocking opportunities.

HEIGHT: 6'3"
WEIGHT: 328
HAND: 9⅞"
ARM: 32¼"
WINGSPAN: 78½"

I thought he was sure to go first round to Steelers for example

Remove this Banner Ad

Back