Teams Las Vegas Raiders - The Black Hole

Remove this Banner Ad

Delmar Glaze looks like a reach but has something going on. Strong . Big run on OTs but is a need. Maybe a guard.

Delmar Glaze is a two-and-a-half-year starter with 32 career starts split evenly between each tackle spot inside Maryland's 56-44 pass-run split, multiple run scheme. Glaze has a well-rounded build with a thick midsection, solid length and adequate athletic ability.

Glaze combines polished technique with good play strength and a patient, calculated approach to win the leverage battle more often than not despite below-average athletic ability.

As a Redshirt Junior in 2023: Third Team All-Big Ten selection ... Played in the 2024 Reese's Senior Bowl Game ... Started every game at left tackle for the Terps in 2023, anchoring an offensive line that blocked for the fourth-ranked overall offense in the Big Ten (387.3 ypg) and the top-ranked passing offense (278.9 passing ypg) in the league ... The second-rated pass blocking tackle in the Big Ten via Pro Football Focus with an 83.1 grade and the fourth-rated tackle overall (over 750 snaps).

Last edited:

Tom Brady will play for the Raiders in 2024​

ducks

waits for screaming to stop

OK, hear me out. Of the QB-needy teams in the middle part of Thursday night's first round, at least one was bound to be left without a signal-caller. The Raiders turned out to be that team after Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, McCarthy, Penix and Bo Nixwere all taken in the first 12 picks, the fastest that six QBs have been selected in the common draft era. Their current quarterback depth chart features Gardner Minshew, Aidan O'Connell and Anthony Brown. It's fair to say they're probably on the lookout for upgrade opportunities.

Brady will be 47 years old when the 2024 regular season starts, but just two years ago, he led the NFL in pass completions (490) and attempts (733) in a 4,694-yard season for the Buccaneers at age 45. He has been working on buying a piece of the Raiders and joining Mark Davis' ownership group, but that process hasn't proceeded at the rate he and Davis likely hoped. Still, there's clearly a connection between the two: Davis needs a quarterback, and Brady did drop that comment a couple of weeks ago about coming back if the right situation presented itself.

Verdict: OVERREACTION

I really went back and forth on this one, but I settled on "likely not happening." What Brady said a few weeks ago reminded me of way back when I was covering the Yankees: Roger Clemens would join in midseason because the pitcher felt like he was too old to manage his way through a whole season. Could you imagine Brady doing something like that? I kind of can. But Brady is all about preparation, and I also can't see him jumping into a season without his usual offseason routine to prepare.

Can we completely rule this out? Somewhat astoundingly, no. But if I had to guess, which I do here, I'm guessing it's more likely not to happen. It sure would be fun, though!

Disagree!

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Tom Brady will play for the Raiders in 2024​

ducks

waits for screaming to stop

OK, hear me out. Of the QB-needy teams in the middle part of Thursday night's first round, at least one was bound to be left without a signal-caller. The Raiders turned out to be that team after Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake Maye, McCarthy, Penix and Bo Nixwere all taken in the first 12 picks, the fastest that six QBs have been selected in the common draft era. Their current quarterback depth chart features Gardner Minshew, Aidan O'Connell and Anthony Brown. It's fair to say they're probably on the lookout for upgrade opportunities.

Brady will be 47 years old when the 2024 regular season starts, but just two years ago, he led the NFL in pass completions (490) and attempts (733) in a 4,694-yard season for the Buccaneers at age 45. He has been working on buying a piece of the Raiders and joining Mark Davis' ownership group, but that process hasn't proceeded at the rate he and Davis likely hoped. Still, there's clearly a connection between the two: Davis needs a quarterback, and Brady did drop that comment a couple of weeks ago about coming back if the right situation presented itself.

Verdict: OVERREACTION

I really went back and forth on this one, but I settled on "likely not happening." What Brady said a few weeks ago reminded me of way back when I was covering the Yankees: Roger Clemens would join in midseason because the pitcher felt like he was too old to manage his way through a whole season. Could you imagine Brady doing something like that? I kind of can. But Brady is all about preparation, and I also can't see him jumping into a season without his usual offseason routine to prepare.

Can we completely rule this out? Somewhat astoundingly, no. But if I had to guess, which I do here, I'm guessing it's more likely not to happen. It sure would be fun, though!
Wrong Anthony Brown

With the draft in it’s final round, the Raiders were looking to add some intangibles to their team. To get it, they snapped up Trey Taylor out of the Air Force Academy.

Taylor won the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation’s top safety. And he did so in part by being a big hitter. Evidenced by his 205 tackles over three seasons for the Falcons. That’s the energy the Raiders want him to bring with him.

“I’m a killer on the field,” Taylor added. “I have a different instinct when I get on the field and I brought that from the Academy, and I’m hoping to bring it onto this team. And I feel like there’s a lot of people who have the same mentality on that team. So, definitely ready to go take on that identity.”

Taylor was named winner of the Pat Tillman Award at the East-West Shrine Bowl in early February given to a player that exemplifies character, intelligence, sportsmanship and service.

most draft analysts have Taylor projected as a seventh-round pick

Seems strange to be 7th round considering the awards

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back at the draft in totality I think Telesco has done a pretty good job.

Bowers was clearly the best player available, and though not technically a position of "need," there are enough ways to get him on the field not at the expense of their other playmakers. He only spent roughly 36% of snaps as a true in line tight end when at Georgia, so he can certainly play in the slot, out wide and even as an H-back out of the backfield. What I love most about him is the violence with which he plays. Such a physical player. If he can improve his blocking, it will be a nightmare for defense's when the Raiders run 12 personnel. If the D plays nickel you've got an advantage in the run game. If the D goes base personnel you have an advantage in the pass game. But that is contingent on Bowers improving his blocking skills.

Jackson Powers-Johnson should have been a first round pick - and he should be a plug and play starter at guard from day 1. I suspect he will play right guard. Really good size as well so shouldn't get overpowered on the interior. One of those players where you just know they're going to be good to great from day 1. I'll be shocked if he's a bust.

The Delmar Glaze pick is a bit odd. His name sounds like a doughnut special at Krispy Kreme but he's probably laid off those given he's slimmed down roughly 15 pounds in the last 12 months. His current weight of 315 pounds means he should have the size to play outside as a tackle. The staff are really high on Thayer Munford coming into his third year, so I suspect Glaze will be the "swing" tackle who in an ideal world will push Munford in camp.

Decamerion Richardson has elite size, elite speed, and is a great tackler relative to his cornerback position. He should have a spot on special teams from day 1. The biggest concern is his limited ball skills. If he can be trained up there's a lot to like.

Tommy Eichenberg reminds me a lot of Robert Spillane. A "thumper" who is more known as a run stuffer, though Spillane really shined in coverage last year. I won't be surprised if Eichenberg is getting snaps ahead of Divine Deablo by the end of this season.

Dylan Laube was universally regarded as the best pass catching back in the draft. To get someone with that label in the 6th round is great value. That alone should get him plenty of snaps on offense as a rookie.

Trey Taylor was the Jim Thorpe award winner this past season and a first team All-American. His 40 time was slow (4.59) but he's a safety so doesn't need crazy fast speed. His cousin is Ed Reed, and his relative athletic score (RAS) was 9.33 so it's not as if he's a slow, cumbersome player either. I don't understand how someone who was awarded the best player at his position, with his bloodline and athletic traits lasted to the 7th round.

I can't say I know a lot of MJ Devonshire. But he has great numbers athletically, which to me is nearly always a requirement when you're drafting late on day 3.

All in all, a pretty damn solid draft from Tom Telesco.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back