Unofficial Preview Ladder prediction for this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well another season approaches.
And gosh I have missed football I like the cricket etc but there is nothing like watching the black and white.
So I was wondering where do you see our team in 2020?
For me it will once again depend on injuries sorry folks.
So my ladder prediction is somewhere in the 8
Over to you.

Putting aside injuries which is hard to do because it seems to be a consistent theme over the past 5 years, say 5th-8th. Around the same as last year.

As mentioned above, fighting for top four but maybe just tipped out

Fingers crossed on the injury front!

I was sure we were bound for glory, 1990 style, but then the match against Carlton happened and I think we'll struggle to make finals. It's a topsy turvy sort of world.

I have a nasty feeling we may have missed the boat with what we have now,I was optimistic but I think there,s a few young teams who will go past us and I think anywhere 5th and 8th we will play finals but we have missed our chance.

Like many older fans I have seen it all before so it comes as no surprise not very confident about this season,I just hope Rantall,Bianco and MaCinnes and N Daicos in the next few seasons come through for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I predict that an unusual climate occurrence in the middle of June will make it impossible for the AFL to continue with the fixtures - unable to fly, grounds under water etc etc etc - and that the AFL will conclude the competition on a cut of the cards by the various presidents. Eddie will pick an Ace of diamonds and it will appear that we will win the comp, until the last pick when Gold Coast Suns miraculously pick the Ace of Hearts. Subsequently, rumours will persist that the AFL had secretly inserted the winning card into the pack .....

I have a nasty feeling we may have missed the boat with what we have now,I was optimistic but I think there,s a few young teams who will go past us and I think anywhere 5th and 8th we will play finals but we have missed our chance.

Like many older fans I have seen it all before so it comes as no surprise not very confident about this season,I just hope Rantall,Bianco and MaCinnes and N Daicos in the next few seasons come through for us.
Half a decent run with injuries for once and Pies are top 4 team easily. 20 games for DeGoey and Moore would be nice.

Top 4 and a flag.

Guys we haven't lost any real talent.
On the upside their is the potential of more improvement from
DeG, scary thought for the opposition.
The Show Pony Moore. Anywhere near a full season from him and watch out. Will explode.
Grundy, will just keep getting better.
Stevo, will take it to another level.
WHE, after a bit of a down year will ramp it back up
C.Brown, some people are not as optamistic but watch out, this kid will be a lock in our 22
Maynard, will keep getting better, he is entering that age frame

Then you have the usual performers who will just keep doing their thing.
Checkers
Pendles
Tay
Sidebum
Treloar
Flipper
Howe
Roughy
Elliott
Etc

Talent is not our worry, injuries are.

Top 4 and a flag.

Guys we haven't lost any real talent.
On the upside their is the potential of more improvement from
DeG, scary thought for the opposition.
The Show Pony Moore. Anywhere near a full season from him and watch out. Will explode.
Grundy, will just keep getting better.
Stevo, will take it to another level.
WHE, after a bit of a down year will ramp it back up
C.Brown, some people are not as optamistic but watch out, this kid will be a lock in our 22
Maynard, will keep getting better, he is entering that age frame

Then you have the usual performers who will just keep doing their thing.
Checkers
Pendles
Tay
Sidebum
Treloar
Flipper
Howe
Roughy
Elliott
Etc

Talent is not our worry, injuries are.

Add Grundy and Crisp into the category of players doing their thing.

Top 6, with some youngsters to be the difference. T Brown, the Irish boys to have an impact and Atu to become a cult figure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back