Kyabram DFL discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

See my boys had a few extra shots Hilly. Who had the momentum at the end?
A few rushed behinds early. Lancaster kicked 2 goals to get in front. James Lloyd kicked a goal with about 2 to 3 minutes left. Ball was on the Lancy 50m when siren went typical arm wrestle between these 2 teams.

Was anyone at the Avenel and Shepp east game? Heard Tom McCluskey was red carded
I believe it was 2 yellow cards throughout the game so by the rule's if you get 2 yellows then you cop the red! But not sure on the severity of either? Heard 1 was for a trip & the other was a marking contest or a bump? I wasn't there so the last part is definitely heresay..... 👍🏾

I believe it was 2 yellow cards throughout the game so by the rule's if you get 2 yellows then you cop the red! But not sure on the severity of either? Heard 1 was for a trip & the other was a marking contest or a bump? I wasn't there so the last part is definitely heresay..... 👍🏾
Happened to be in attendance, 1st yellow was for the marking contest contact....while it was a little bit crude, not sure it was worthy of a yellow card. Second one definitely a trip, umpire right on the spot so don't have an issue with that one.

Massive game at Avenel next week, a Nagambie outfit that seems to be clicking back into gear with each passing week, an Avenel team that appears to be a minor contender and wouldn't want to flinch at an ever hungry old foe......especially one that has sights firmly on the 6 come 5pm Saturday night. Builds as another derby classic....wouldn't miss it 👍

Massive game at Avenel next week, a Nagambie outfit that seems to be clicking back into gear with each passing week, an Avenel team that appears to be a minor contender and wouldn't want to flinch at an ever hungry old foe......especially one that has sights firmly on the 6 come 5pm Saturday night. Builds as another derby classic....wouldn't miss it 👍
Spoke to a Nagambie lad today. They missing 7 of there best players until the 2nd half of the year through injury. Might lack the cattle I think. Watched Avenel against shepp east & thought they were decent enough, will be interesting

Spoke to a Nagambie lad today. They missing 7 of there best players until the 2nd half of the year through injury. Might lack the cattle I think. Watched Avenel against shepp east & thought they were decent enough, will be interesting
Yeh watched Avenel last week aswell, thought their lapse in the middle part to allow the Eagles to gain control was disappointing. I've seen many a surprise result in the local "derby " , they'd wanna be on their game. I've seen quite a few derby's over the years and imo I think often Nagambie set themselves for this game better than Avenel...just the way I see it anyway.

I see ex Merrigum star Geoff Connally has strung together a few Senior appearances at Moama, not bad at 42-43.

Must be on the same stuff as Smooth Mover. 😉

What 40+ year old players in the KDL are still getting a kick in the Seniors?
Hally (at 49) didn’t look at of our place in some of our Senior games earlier this year. Played twos yesterday and got second best on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Leigh Hall ?
Yeah, played a few senior games as playing coach. Think it was more early in the year with some unavailability, injury, a suspension, he stepped up and played a few ones games. Went well in the twos yesterday.

Clarkey the only 40+ getting regular senior games though. Any of the old heads at Shepp East or Nagambie pushing 40? How old is Paul Arandt?

Yeah, played a few senior games as playing coach. Think it was more early in the year with some unavailability, injury, a suspension, he stepped up and played a few ones games. Went well in the twos yesterday.

Clarkey the only 40+ getting regular senior games though. Any of the old heads at Shepp East or Nagambie pushing 40? How old is Paul Arandt?
"SUBBA" Arandt would have to be close to 40. Think he's gone past the senior games record at the Swans aswell..over 300....think 303 was the mark, held by Michael O'Connor for a lot of years...happy to be corrected here but think I'm not far off.

"SUBBA" Arandt would have to be close to 40. Think he's gone past the senior games record at the Swans aswell..over 300....think 303 was the mark, held by Michael O'Connor for a lot of years...happy to be corrected here but think I'm not far off.
Hey Lion71, are you involved at avenel this year ?

Subba is 42 like me! Our birthdays are 2 day's apart! & the boy is playing big minutes in the ruck! Pretty impressive.....

I see ex Merrigum star Geoff Connally has strung together a few Senior appearances at Moama, not bad at 42-43.

I think Moama have a sense of humour with their allocation of jumper numbers for old Merrigum blokes.

58 - Josh Pell
59 - Geoff Connally
60 - Dave Matthews

Geoff hadn’t had much luck with injuries his last few years at the Gum. Body is holding up very well and they rate him very highly, holding down Full Back.

Treble of reports from the weekend? & all 3 would be considered a chance at the medal come years end! Interesting watch over next couple of days to see who accepts or challengss? Especially after last week with McCluskey getting a week who would've also been a genuine contender!!

I reckon young Formosa will be keeping himself real clean, cause if last year's efforts are anything to go by he might be in a 1 horse race now!

I think Moama have a sense of humour with their allocation of jumper numbers for old Merrigum blokes.

58 - Josh Pell
59 - Geoff Connally
60 - Dave Matthews

Geoff hadn’t had much luck with injuries his last few years at the Gum. Body is holding up very well and they rate him very highly, holding down Full Back.
Not bad going by him holding down a key post when they’re sitting 3rd on the ladder and just gave Congupna a good run too.

Phil Carroll still playing good football in a top side and is getting up there in age as well. Some of the guys that just know how to play football can go as long as they want it seems.

Treble of reports from the weekend? & all 3 would be considered a chance at the medal come years end! Interesting watch over next couple of days to see who accepts or challengss? Especially after last week with McCluskey getting a week who would've also been a genuine contender!!

I reckon young Formosa will be keeping himself real clean, cause if last year's efforts are anything to go by he might be in a 1 horse race now!
Reckon there’s been more reports this year or are club people a bit more aware of it this year because we are being emailed the reports each week (and the outcomes)?

Reckon there’s been more reports this year or are club people a bit more aware of it this year because we are being emailed the reports each week (and the outcomes)?
From what I understand the GVFUA were instructed at the start of the year to be more firm & lockdown on any crude looking incidents! Not that they weren't already but more so to back themselves in if they believe an incident is deemed to be reportable & they will have the full support from their association. 2 of our 6 games so far this season has seen someone reported.

Who are the 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back