Kouta trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Kouta, will see the rest of his career at Carlton Football Club, and will never leave the blues. Kouta is still a very handy player for the blues and is contention of captaincy for season 2004, plus he is Carltons marketing tool. So if Kouta does leave he wont be playing for neither clubs in the A.F.L he will take Carlton to court and retire, but it wont happen, and with the likes of Stevens, brown, robert murphy, heath black, harford and other rumoured players coming to Carlton he would be a great leader for the club.

I would need a ten foot pole to prod him away with. Absolute disaster for Carlton and anybody else.
I presume you are talking about the contract. Otherwise that's just nonsense.
You may have failed to notice that while most of the rest of the Carlton team was impersonating roadkill against your mob late in the year Kouta had 13 tackles and 35 or so possessions.
Finished second in the B&F tonight behind McKay.

Originally posted by Outoftheblue
I presume you are talking about the contract. Otherwise that's just nonsense.
You may have failed to notice that while most of the rest of the Carlton team was impersonating roadkill against your mob late in the year Kouta had 13 tackles and 35 or so possessions.
Finished second in the B&F tonight behind McKay.

I don't think anyone's saying he's a crap player OOTB, so you don't need to get defensive as if someone just said he can't play for sh*t.

And to answer the original question, if Carlton threw in their priority pick, i'd trade the 92nd pick for him.

Originally posted by kouta_43
So if Kouta does leave he wont be playing for neither clubs in the A.F.L he will take Carlton to court and retire, but it wont happen, and with the likes of Stevens, brown, robert murphy, heath black, harford and other rumoured players coming to Carlton he would be a great leader for the club.

You reckon the Blues are gonna pick up all those players or just some? If all please explain how you reckon Carlton can secure them all..........

I don't think anyone's saying he's a crap player OOTB, so you don't need to get defensive as if someone just said he can't play for sh*t.

I was just seeking clarification that the "10 foot pole" line referred to the contract. Been in a defensive frame of mind this season for some reason ...

How about for a handfull of disco bickies? Your clubs been dealing in them lately. Drug dealers.

hahahaha its the chick who runs the gift shop, loosing her is just gonna send the club into caos i doubt we'll ever recover, :/ pffft noob

i sopose she could send a few across, im sure matty lappin would enjoy them, thats if he gets to see them doesnt angwin live around there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by rUsTy_mAgPiE
hahahaha its the chick who runs the gift shop, loosing her is just gonna send the club into caos i doubt we'll ever recover, :/ pffft noob

i sopose she could send a few across, im sure matty lappin would enjoy them, thats if he gets to see them doesnt angwin live around there?

Hahahahahahaha your club employed a criminal who is charged with trafficking a commercial quantity of ecstacy. Is that AFL sanctioned ecstacy?

Cop it sweet you sook. Collingwood have skeletons aswell.

Fair few smug smart arses around here, aren't there.

If I followed another team I'd say I'd take Kouta if he got rid of his manager and accepted a very fair contract. If he didn't accept the money offered, or didn't get rid of his manager, I wouldn't be interested.

He's still capable of some pretty good footy, could get a club like Port Adelaide a flag with him and Francou in the middle with the other guys they have there.

Originally posted by Deej

If I followed another team I'd say I'd take Kouta if he got rid of his manager and accepted a very fair contract. If he didn't accept the money offered, or didn't get rid of his manager, I wouldn't be interested.

David Allison is not responsible for Carlton's predicament.

Deej, is it as simple as him accepting a lower contract if traded? Doesn't the difference still come under Carlton's cap? If so I think that also doesn't then qualify for veterans discounting. In that case he could not be traded I would have thought.

Originally posted by MarkT
Deej, is it as simple as him accepting a lower contract if traded? Doesn't the difference still come under Carlton's cap? If so I think that also doesn't then qualify for veterans discounting. In that case he could not be traded I would have thought.

Think there was an article in the paper yesterday (or the day before) which suggested that Harford was talking of something similar. ie. voluntarily reducing his payments in order that another team would be prepared to take him in a trade with the Hawks.

I'd have thought that a contract could be renegotiated at any time with the consent of both parties... surely the cap condition wouldn't apply on the basis of the old contract?

Originally posted by MarkT
Yeah that's true, but my comments were from the perspective of a team that was considering trading for him, not from Carlton's perspective. From Carlton's perspective we are screwed over a barrel by him until his contract expires.

Further example of the former administration's incompetence and imprudent contracting. See, they screwed us as hard as they screwed the rules and it's not surprising that we're finding it hard to attract players, we just have to basically do what StKilda have done and invest in youth with the draft picks we have from here on in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back