Kids who play junior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Toes Jnr’s side played a local derby v the other Ashy Redbacks U11 side with both teams on 5-1 going in. The other side is coached by Eddie Betts and his son plays for them (alongside another Davey kid and a couple of other indigenous kids with connections). Eddie had Tyson Stengle there to help out as well.

Anyway, we led at halftime and blew it in the final quarter. We split our games against them last season and we look forward to having another opportunity to do so later in this season.

Toes Jnr’s side played a local derby v the other Ashy Redbacks U11 side with both teams on 5-1 going in. The other side is coached by Eddie Betts and his son plays for them (alongside another Davey kid and a couple of other indigenous kids with connections). Eddie had Tyson Stengle there to help out as well.

Anyway, we led at halftime and blew it in the final quarter. We split our games against them last season and we look forward to having another opportunity to do so later in this season.
That's so cool, don't get much of that up here in Brisbane.

Luke Hodge's son Cooper goes to my boy's school, 1 grade up. Had several ex-player's kids play against in the last 2 state trials.

That's so cool, don't get much of that up here in Brisbane.

Luke Hodge's son Cooper goes to my boy's school, 1 grade up. Had several ex-player's kids play against in the last 2 state trials.

I remember Cooper very well. His younger brother Chase was my son Archie’s best mate in the kindergarten days. They did Auskick together back in the day. Say g’day to Hodgey if you see him.

I always thought Cooper was the most likely to kick on with his footy but he had a bigger interest in basketball back then.

I remember Cooper very well. His younger brother Chase was my son Archie’s best mate in the kindergarten days. They did Auskick together back in the day. Say g’day to Hodgey if you see him.

I always thought Cooper was the most likely to kick on with his footy but he had a bigger interest in basketball back then.
Part of the Lions academy and a gun year 9 playing in the 9/10 A team and I loved hearing my son say he wasn't up himself just a regular kid.

Been knocked out by flu in this house.

2 weekends ago was a tough loss- #10 2 goals and #11 1 goal

last weekend was a nice 89-2 back on winner's list - both boys recovering from flu a goal each

Our Ashy Redbacks U11 team suffered a 2pt loss despite having 6 extra scoring shots in the slop of Kevin Bartlett Oval in Richmond. Like you a week ago Killa we were missing 3 of our best 5 players due to the dreaded lurgy as well, so we look forward to the return match on our dung hill. The boys never gave up so the coach was proud of their efforts.

Been knocked out by flu in this house.

2 weekends ago was a tough loss- #10 2 goals and #11 1 goal

last weekend was a nice 89-2 back on winner's list - both boys recovering from flu a goal each

Any updates KK. How’s junior going and how’s his team faring?

My lad’s U11 team has locked in a top two spot with two weeks remaining of the regular season. The two remaining games are versus the teams in last and second last. The top side is the other U11 side from our club coached by Eddie Betts. His son Lewie is their best player and he has Alwyn Davey’s younger brothers alongside him for good measure, and a veritable conga line of current AFL Indigenous players assisting with training and on gameday.

So we’ll be up against it but we torched them for the first half last time before being overrun and having the double chance means a possible two cracks at them if required.

Love junior footy!

My lad’s U11 team has locked in a top two spot with two weeks remaining of the regular season. The two remaining games are versus the teams in last and second last. The top side is the other U11 side from our club coached by Eddie Betts. His son Lewie is their best player and he has Alwyn Davey’s younger brothers alongside him for good measure, and a veritable conga line of current AFL Indigenous players assisting with training and on gameday.

So we’ll be up against it but we torched them for the first half last time before being overrun and having the double chance means a possible two cracks at them if required.

Love junior footy!
I missed this, sorry.

At club land we fizzled and in the final game needed a win to lock in finals and drew. Hard way to finish but kinda what the team deserved.

Not sure there is a Vic equivalent, but both of my both participated in the AFL QLD school cup.

There is a grade 5-6 team, a 7,8 &9 team and 10,11,12 team. Our school, St Laurence's had all 3 at the State Champs up at Maroochydore in October.

Matty in grade 6 wearing #9 was in the 5-6 team and Ben in year 8 was in the 7,8,9s team with Cooper Hodge.

Matty played as a key forward and had some moments of good play. Ben was quietly doing his job as a lock down medium forward (capered to year 9s he was dwarfed haha).

Also in attendance was Simon Black, Johnno Brown (his daughter was playing) Jeff White, Michael Rischatelli and Nick Malceski.

It even had commentators which turned out funny as they got the surname wrong and called him Matty Richards for every goal he kicked haha

We've just had AFL school trials for next year and a trial game this Saturday. Also looking at changing clubs for 2024 so some thought needs to be done in that regard.

Will yours be playing U13s next year???

Love junior footy!

How'd TT Jrs season end???

Will yours be playing U13s next year???

Honestly cannot remember what the next age up is but I’ll say yes. It will be the first junior season where players are graded and selected in teams accordingly so the pressure will be on. My lad did Auskick with Cooper’s younger brother and they were great mates.

How'd TT Jrs season end???

Crap. Played Heidelberg in the semi final and magically they had a far tougher side than we’d previously beaten. Turns out only one of their three teams made finals so they somehow had an U11 all stars team representing them, made up of the best players from all three teams. Too tall and too good.

Then we were overrun in the prelim v Eddie Betts’ fellow Ashy Redbacks team who duly went on to beat the Heidelberg all stars in the gf. We ran out of steam in the end and I noted Eddie mention on AFL 360 after their gf win that he’d trained his boys all year on the Geelong game plan. Great but who the hell does that at U11 level? Anyway……

Honestly cannot remember what the next age up is but I’ll say yes. It will be the first junior season where players are graded and selected in teams accordingly so the pressure will be on. My lad did Auskick with Cooper’s younger brother and they were great mates.

Crap. Played Heidelberg in the semi final and magically they had a far tougher side than we’d previously beaten. Turns out only one of their three teams made finals so they somehow had an U11 all stars team representing them, made up of the best players from all three teams. Too tall and too good.

Then we were overrun in the prelim v Eddie Betts’ fellow Ashy Redbacks team who duly went on to beat the Heidelberg all stars in the gf. We ran out of steam in the end and I noted Eddie mention on AFL 360 after their gf win that he’d trained his boys all year on the Geelong game plan. Great but who the hell does that at U11 level? Anyway……
Yeah younger Hodgey is in grade 5. Not as into AFL atm apparently.

I hate it when teams combine an all star team like that. How about the kids that played all year in that team and were pushed out.

Yeah goes from 11s to 13s up here. Put into divisions and finals and grand finals etc.

Geelong game plan? Happy for some to hit a target half of the time haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back