Status
Not open for further replies.

big tony

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2005
Club Jism
AFL Club
Essendon
hey i was just wondering how strong the KDFL thirds actually was.
teams such as avenal and lancy, would they challenge teams lower in the GVFL ladder?

teams such as avenal and lancy, would they challenge teams lower in the GVFL ladder?

Always only a guessing game but I would reckon it may only be the bottom 1 or 2 that they could give a good run.
Going back mid 90's Stanhope was a top side in the KDL and they played Tatura who finished 3rd bottom and Stanhope beat them by a point.

i saw a both avenal and lancaster play and they seemed to be very good sides.
what will the strength of the kdfl be like this year

I haven't seen much of the 3rds comp the last couple of years and generally the top sides play some pretty sharp footy but the reality is at Lancaster a fair slice of their players are there because they havent won a regular spot at Kyabram.

i saw a fair bit of avenel u18s this year while the only gv u18 side i saw much of was seymour, who finishes 6th. in my opinion it would be a very good game that could go either way, but seymour would probably win by a goal or two. so from that i would say that avenel would have been about 7th or 8th last year in the gv u18s. The best half dozen players at avenel would have been as good as seymours best half dozen, but the worst half dozen at seymour would have been much better than avenels, so there is alot more depth in the gv u18 clubs.

i saw a fair bit of avenel u18s this year while the only gv u18 side i saw much of was seymour, who finishes 6th. in my opinion it would be a very good game that could go either way, but seymour would probably win by a goal or two. so from that i would say that avenel would have been about 7th or 8th last year in the gv u18s. The best half dozen players at avenel would have been as good as seymours best half dozen, but the worst half dozen at seymour would have been much better than avenels, so there is alot more depth in the gv u18 clubs.

fairly big call there i reckon fuzzy. avenal wouldnt stand a chance against seymours strongest side, they couldnt get within 15 goals.. they have a few good players in canters, stevens, tingay thats all i can remember off the top of my head but no competition with players like hesse, dundon, clifton, green, kliempt etc...

it would be a good game them vs the likes of shepp swans, euroa, shepp united.. i dont think avenal carry the talent of these sides with the players they had this year like hebbard, barolli from the swans, cunningham, horsburgh, ivill from euroa, daniels or rendina from united just to name a couple from each team.. but im not saying a few individuals make a team its just as well as all the others i dont think a team like avenal could tie them down

the shi* thing with all junior footy is that the top 3-4 sides are awsome then the bottom 3-4 are absolutly shi*house.
we have our lancaster, avenal n nagambie at the top the our murchs our VT's and its just an imbarrassing site watching the top vs bottom play a game of footy.
is there anything we can do to evn out the league?

the shi* thing with all junior footy is that the top 3-4 sides are awsome then the bottom 3-4 are absolutly shi*house.
we have our lancaster, avenal n nagambie at the top the our murchs our VT's and its just an imbarrassing site watching the top vs bottom play a game of footy.

yeah big tony i see what you mean but thats the thing with footy.. its always been like that.. i remember when violet town were strong as an ox wen they had players like chris anderson, sean horsburgh, pat horsburgh, scott woolcock n a heap of others, i think they made the grand final.. now they are very weak but what goes around comes around. all these towns are similary sized so it will even out in the end... the weaker clubs just have to keep trying harder, getting people to train more n putting in more work

fairly big call there i reckon fuzzy. avenal wouldnt stand a chance against seymours strongest side, they couldnt get within 15 goals.. they have a few good players in canters, stevens, tingay thats all i can remember off the top of my head but no competition with players like hesse, dundon, clifton, green, kliempt etc...

it would be a good game them vs the likes of shepp swans, euroa, shepp united.. i dont think avenal carry the talent of these sides with the players they had this year like hebbard, barolli from the swans, cunningham, horsburgh, ivill from euroa, daniels or rendina from united just to name a couple from each team.. but im not saying a few individuals make a team its just as well as all the others i dont think a team like avenal could tie them down

fair enough mate, u're entitled to ur opinion as much as the next bloke. just out of interest though, did u see avenel thirds play last year? whilst i am prepared to concede that clifton would be ahead of anything of what avenel have and kliempt seems to be a very good player, the rest of the seymour blokes u named would certainly not be out of the avenel guys' league. keeping in mind, avenel thirds had 9 players with senior football experince last year

yeah big tony i see what you mean but thats the thing with footy.. its always been like that.. i remember when violet town were strong as an ox wen they had players like chris anderson, sean horsburgh, pat horsburgh, scott woolcock n a heap of others, i think they made the grand final.. now they are very weak but what goes around comes around. all these towns are similary sized so it will even out in the end... the weaker clubs just have to keep trying harder, getting people to train more n putting in more work

yer they did make the finals, not sure about the grand final, but that was only 4 years ago and look at VT today :thumbsdown:

The only thing I can see to even it out a bit more Big Tony would be to lower the age group to U17's, then it might lessen the chance of 18 year olds playing against average ability 15 and 16 yr olds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough mate, u're entitled to ur opinion as much as the next bloke. just out of interest though, did u see avenel thirds play last year? whilst i am prepared to concede that clifton would be ahead of anything of what avenel have and kliempt seems to be a very good player, the rest of the seymour blokes u named would certainly not be out of the avenel guys' league. keeping in mind, avenel thirds had 9 players with senior football experince last year

no honestly didnt but heard reports and also played against a fair whack of those boys.. scott canters is a gun, tingay great backmen, everyone tells me tom stevens is a gun but cant remember him. but not being able to man up those blokes is gona lose you a game by 10 goals, also they had i think dont quote me but was it scott mckenzie played full back in interleague maybe and was on the verge of senior selection last year i heard... obviously you hadnt heard of the other players i threw up they all play or have played bushrangers not to say bushrangers are always right with their selection i believe they are wrong so many times but all those players deserve to be there.

yer they did make the finals, not sure about the grand final, but that was only 4 years ago and look at VT today :thumbsdown:

yeah well thats the way the cookie crumbles.. small towns with not many kids cant be world beaters n havent you noticed a trend with all football... not so long ago tatura and rochy were winning flags in the gv now look where they are... in 2000 longwood would have nearly beaten euroa and 2 years ago they only won a couple games... you cant stay up the top forever you d#ck head

yeah well thats the way the cookie crumbles.. small towns with not many kids cant be world beaters n havent you noticed a trend with all football... not so long ago tatura and rochy were winning flags in the gv now look where they are... in 2000 longwood would have nearly beaten euroa and 2 years ago they only won a couple games... you cant stay up the top forever you d#ck head

I can see where you're coming from but I'll have to pull you up here as you need to do some more research. In 2000 Euroa made the preliminary final after finishing 3rd on the ladder. If you call getting beaten by 35 goals getting close then I suppose Longwood could nearly have nearly beaten Euroa in 2000.

Rushy has had one of the most consistent 3rds sides going around the last few years, know they have been the bridesmaid a few times. They also had the biggest gun of them all, andrew clarke, hes the best 3rds player the comp has seen in awhile!

get your facts right first you f***head!! :D

no honestly didnt but heard reports and also played against a fair whack of those boys.. scott canters is a gun, tingay great backmen, everyone tells me tom stevens is a gun but cant remember him. but not being able to man up those blokes is gona lose you a game by 10 goals, also they had i think dont quote me but was it scott mckenzie played full back in interleague maybe and was on the verge of senior selection last year i heard... obviously you hadnt heard of the other players i threw up they all play or have played bushrangers not to say bushrangers are always right with their selection i believe they are wrong so many times but all those players deserve to be there.

mate, of those other players u mentioned, andrew green is from avenel and regularly trains with the thirds, kliemt is from nagambie, played tahbilk beforehand, dundon and hesse are ex-st mary's boys who are at assumption. i know these boys and what they are capable. they have not all played bushrangers, they may have been nominated to try out for bushrangers, but i can guarnatee u that they have not all played bushrangers, in fact i dont think any of them have played a game for bushrangers. jamie marsh, fred marke and chris chee have all been invited to try out for bushrangers or cannons at some stage. and no offence to scooty mackenzie, but he's got abit of work to do before taking joffa anderson's or robbie douglas's spot in seniors. u're clearly just rattling off a couple of names u remember from juniors, and don't really know much about avenel thirds at all, and so can't make a comparison between the two sides.

p.s. tingay didnt play on the backline all year

mate, of those other players u mentioned, andrew green is from avenel and regularly trains with the thirds, kliemt is from nagambie, played tahbilk beforehand, dundon and hesse are ex-st mary's boys who are at assumption. i know these boys and what they are capable. they have not all played bushrangers, they may have been nominated to try out for bushrangers, but i can guarnatee u that they have not all played bushrangers, in fact i dont think any of them have played a game for bushrangers. jamie marsh, fred marke and chris chee have all been invited to try out for bushrangers or cannons at some stage. and no offence to scooty mackenzie, but he's got abit of work to do before taking joffa anderson's or robbie douglas's spot in seniors. u're clearly just rattling off a couple of names u remember from juniors, and don't really know much about avenel thirds at all, and so can't make a comparison between the two sides.

p.s. tingay didnt play on the backline all year

yeah i knew none of the seymour boys had played bushies i was referring to the other players i spoke of... yeah ******** didnt realise euroa were up there in 2000, but i was just proving how strong longwood were that year... well i remember tingay playing in the backline in under 15s that was what i was referring too... anyway getting back to the original arguement i dont believe avenal would get near many gv sides, my opinion.. take it or leave it, obviously you'l leave it cos you dont agree :thumbsu:

no need for everyone to get their knickers in a knot either.. its just convo.

thanks raider for pointing out my mistake as well

and also on scott mckenzie.. there was a game where euroa held seymour scoreless until half time n they were very very short, im surprised a thirds boy didnt get the call up then

so how are your boys looking this year fuzzy

good question tony... hard to say as thirds haven't officially began training yet though quite a few have been training with the seniors. obviously, it all depends on who they recruit and who plays where, but from last years premreship side i can tell you that chris chee, john o'dwyer, chris tingay, tom stevens, fred marke, brett williams, dj saunders and duncan lowis are all still elligible, among others, so i would still expect them to be thereabouts again this year. so to answer ur question, i don't really know :D

how bout ur boys?

good question tony... hard to say as thirds haven't officially began training yet though quite a few have been training with the seniors. obviously, it all depends on who they recruit and who plays where, but from last years premreship side i can tell you that chris chee, john o'dwyer, chris tingay, tom stevens, fred marke, brett williams, dj saunders and duncan lowis are all still elligible, among others, so i would still expect them to be thereabouts again this year. so to answer ur question, i don't really know :D

how bout ur boys?

well still wont have the strength to compete with the bigger sides but some good up and coming footballers so should be competitive.
only lose 1 player ( big jakey wilkins) and recruted a few players from benalla so we will have more depth than last season

well still wont have the strength to compete with the bigger sides but some good up and coming footballers so should be competitive.
only lose 1 player ( big jakey wilkins) and recruted a few players from benalla so we will have more depth than last season

yous will be sh#t, you have lost angus ford, tyson doyle, cam burden,brad west and steven threlfall... you would wanna get alot of players from benalla otherwise i dont think you boys will get a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back