Kdfl Sept 05-April 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

T.Perry said:
I bet they know yours, though Rowey!:thumbsu: Will be interesting to see how both sides perform and if Troy Mitchell plays for the bats or not. Haven't heard an update on where he's going - though I think it came from the horses mouth that he was planning on returning to Lancy this year.. His name isn't on the clearance list yet..anyone heard anything? Cosby or subtle hustle maybe...

I heard Rushy got over run by Shepp East in the second half yesterday Trevor Perry can you give us the details?

bradrowe#32 said:
The only significant loss is Mark Young. Dale O'Neill was supposed to be coming out but he signed elsewhere.

Reckon he might've signed at Shepp East who look like they'll be very very handy first up in the PDFL.

On The Money said:
I heard Rushy got over run by Shepp East in the second half yesterday Trevor Perry can you give us the details?

Love to OTM. Yeh, we were up by a couple of points at half-time, but a lack of interchange players and experience on the ground caught up with us (and the fact that it was ********ing hot) and they were just too good. I think they'll be a very handy outfit - I was very impressed with the set-up out there and the recruits that they've picked up. Overall, though, we were pretty happy with the performance, esp of the younger blokes, who are getting better with each game. I think we'll be reasonably strong, but would have to either pick up a few or have an exceptional year to finish top 3...

I'll give the Shepp East boys one thing - they ********ing hate Yea!

T.Perry said:
I'll give the Shepp East boys one thing - they ********ing hate Yea!

Think you'll find the feeling is 100% mutual. Have only seen the rivalry the past 3-4 seasons but have witnessed some epic battles, some not so friendly banter and some good tough footy.

I think the small melee that couldve gotten out hand after the final siren at last years prelim final showed just that, Shepp East hate losing at home especially to Yea who had a ripper record there over recent years.

I guess Im one of those hated one's, but all said and done I do think they'll go close first up and I do hope they go well, as I do all the clubs that have had an interruppted pre-season after the CGFL went belly up.

Wayde Petersen said:
About the departure of Tim Richter, the reason given by ORANGE BOY is absolute bull**********, Woolongong approached Tim at the end of last year and they sent up to NSW (at thier expense), and offered him a well paid job, somewhere to stay and a bit of money to go and play for the Woolongong Lions, in the NSWAFL Division One this season.

Tim's a top player with a lot a potential, and I don't begrudge him going to play for another club at a higher level, getting a bit of money, and getting to see a bit of the country while he has nothing to tie him down.

And although he will be solely missed, I wish him the best of luck at Woolongong, and I hope that when (of if) he comes back, he becomes a better player for the experience.

And BTW, you shouldn't post stuff that isn't true, such things have a nasty habit of coming back to bite you on the arse later on.

Wayde no doubt mate he is a good player..thats just what i heard from a good source..but you obviously know him pretty well it wasn't you who he was backdooring hey????:eek:

Doona2 said:
Think you'll find the feeling is 100% mutual. Have only seen the rivalry the past 3-4 seasons but have witnessed some epic battles, some not so friendly banter and some good tough footy.

I think the small melee that couldve gotten out hand after the final siren at last years prelim final showed just that, Shepp East hate losing at home especially to Yea who had a ripper record there over recent years.

I guess Im one of those hated one's, but all said and done I do think they'll go close first up and I do hope they go well, as I do all the clubs that have had an interruppted pre-season after the CGFL went belly up.

Have you been following the recruiting done by Shepp East this year, Doona? I imagine you'd have a fair idea on how well they'll go given you've seen them play a fair bit over the last couple of years? I was wondering how you think Yea would stack up against them this year? I know you can't take too much out of a praccy match, but given that they were pretty much full strength and were playing at home, I reckon Rushy's side (at full strength) would be a very even battle with them...just trying to gauge how strong Yea might be..

T.Perry said:
Have you been following the recruiting done by Shepp East this year, Doona? I imagine you'd have a fair idea on how well they'll go given you've seen them play a fair bit over the last couple of years? I was wondering how you think Yea would stack up against them this year? I know you can't take too much out of a praccy match, but given that they were pretty much full strength and were playing at home, I reckon Rushy's side (at full strength) would be a very even battle with them...just trying to gauge how strong Yea might be..

It appears the in's outweigh the out's big time. Adrian Cole (Numurkah) is their biggest loss, whilst the other senior players that have gone to Wunghnu in my mind were handy but not match winners. Travis "Bobby" Brand is getting older, good hands but 2nd efforts were gone at times last year but I reckon he'll be handy up Fwd for Wunghnu.

I recall reading their best junior in Trevor Graham has put in a clearance to Mooroopna, anyone know why? He more than handled senior footy last year and clubs cant afford to lose their good juniors.

The three Dookie boys will be big in's, John Weber especially, as will Ahmet and O'Neill. Im also a big rap for Dale Piggott who at this stage hasn't applied to play elsewhere. If Shepp East can pursuade him to travel up for one more season then I'd pencil Doyley's lads into a definite top 3 and a real flag chance after some fine recruiting during the off season.

Doona2 said:
It appears the in's outweigh the out's big time. Adrian Cole (Numurkah) is their biggest loss, whilst the other senior players that have gone to Wunghnu in my mind were handy but not match winners. Travis "Bobby" Brand is getting older, good hands but 2nd efforts were gone at times last year but I reckon he'll be handy up Fwd for Wunghnu.

I recall reading their best junior in Trevor Graham has put in a clearance to Mooroopna, anyone know why? He more than handled senior footy last year and clubs cant afford to lose their good juniors.

The three Dookie boys will be big in's, John Weber especially, as will Ahmet and O'Neill. Im also a big rap for Dale Piggott who at this stage hasn't applied to play elsewhere. If Shepp East can pursuade him to travel up for one more season then I'd pencil Doyley's lads into a definite top 3 and a real flag chance after some fine recruiting during the off season.

Solid post Doon. But I was actually wondering how you reckon this year's Yea side would match up against this year's Shepp East side, in your opinion? Yea still ahead, both side's pretty close...?

T.Perry said:
Solid post Doon. But I was actually wondering how you reckon this year's Yea side would match up against this year's Shepp East side, in your opinion? Yea still ahead, both side's pretty close...?

Sorry Tav, to be totally honest I haven't been around the club since the Tuesday after our great win last September. The boys played a practice match at Alexandra on Saturday and went down by 3 goals Billy said. Obviously Finch and Eddie Neilson have gone back to Broadford, Cam Scott and Michael Papa have yet committed I believe, but apart from that Im not sure how many others we've lost.

I heard they had a new bloke play in the ruck who went ok, Terry Whitwam was good early before having a spell, Billy went well but booted 1.5, Dipper, Ashley Walsh, James Clavarino, Stuie Butterworth and Joel Dunn were others who apparently played well.

Spoke with Jon Solomon 2 weeks ago, says he's a chance a bout 4-5 rounds in but admitted the grounds are a bit hard for his liking this early.

Not sure on the recruits but players to come into the mix that weren't part of the flag side are Jimmy Stephens and Ashley Walsh (Wing/midfielders), Ben Milliken (CHB), with Damien Lord, Damien Inness and Bill Stubbings all injured in the finals. 2003 flag members Greg Beer, Daniel Nash and Matt Pollard are whispers of others who may play in 2006. Pollard is overseas but if he does return will play.

I think Yea would match them in the middle with Wilson, Neilson, Nicholls, Butterwoth, Lord and Clavarino, but I guess the big blokes like Greigy, Mahoney and Dale Piggott have scored well against us at times.

Would be another close contest Id say.

Rumours of Wayman going to Moama look to be confirmed with him lodging a clearance. Matt Branelly going to Murchison would be a handy inclusion. And Merrigum look to be on the go with the recruiting of Briggs x 2 and Henderson amongst others.

just signed said:
Rumours of Wayman going to Moama look to be confirmed with him lodging a clearance. Matt Branelly going to Murchison would be a handy inclusion. And Merrigum look to be on the go with the recruiting of Briggs x 2 and Henderson amongst others.

JS, this is my post which no one responded 2.?

18th March 2006, 11:46 #951
wheelbarrow
BigFooty Member
Club: Adelaide
Other Teams: freo Re: Kyabram District FL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any word on the Wayman, Moama whisper boys.?

they weren't exactly whipsers wheelie. i think most people in the area had heard that he was offered 400+ a game to head to moama, it was just whether he would go or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cosby said:
they weren't exactly whipsers wheelie. i think most people in the area had heard that he was offered 400+ a game to head to moama, it was just whether he would go or not.

Do u think he is worth that sort of coin.?

wheelbarrow said:
Do u think he is worth that sort of coin.?

It's interesting, coz I heard from an extremely reliable source in the know at Tally that they were offering him a bit more than 400..

Does anyone know where the big fella lives? I'm presuming it must be closer to Moama/Echuca..

In answer to your question wheelie, no, he's probably not worth that much, but because he's kicked 100 a couple of times helps his cause. All teams want to recruit, or have, blokes who can consistently kick multiples of goals, and the only way to persuade a paid player to leave a club is to give them a greater incentive to play..obviously some sides, like Yea last year, for instance, could offer the incentive of a chance to play in a premiership side, but some blokes (like Wayman, I presume), are only interested in what goes in their pocket..

I wouldn't begrudge Rushy playing a proven goal-kicker that much if it meant we were a greater chance at winning the flag..

Violet Town v Stanhope any ideas on this one? how have both sides trained well in the summer? new recruits? I reckon towners will be nervous in their first KDL game against a more experienced Stanhope.

Gissa said:
Violet Town v Stanhope any ideas on this one? how have both sides trained well in the summer? new recruits? I reckon towners will be nervous in their first KDL game against a more experienced Stanhope.

Stanhope by 10 goals I say, many names have been mentioned as heading to VT but no action on the transfers page.

Hey wheelie what has happened to Avenel's website? All the news items have suddenly disappeared.

Doona2 said:
Stanhope by 10 goals I say, many names have been mentioned as heading to VT but no action on the transfers page.

Hey wheelie what has happened to Avenel's website? All the news items have suddenly disappeared.

They probably didnt want u hawking the trg updates onto BF.?
Only joking man...
They were out of date and I think they are just having a bit of a purge at the moment.
The new punting column by our guest tipster "the whisper" went alright last weekend, he got five from five..
I dont know why more clubs dont utilise their websites..

I will say Stanhope by 39 points.

wheelbarrow said:
They probably didnt want u hawking the trg updates onto BF.?
Only joking man...
They were out of date and I think they are just having a bit of a purge at the moment.
The new punting column by our guest tipster "the whisper" went alright last weekend, he got five from five..
I dont know why more clubs dont utilise their websites..

I will say Stanhope by 39 points.

I thought it was very imformative and was hoping to get ya's a few readers thru pasting that . . . . how the Swans looking? Yea will have a few out for the big clash I believe. I know that Groves won a KDFL 2's medal but who are the other fella's that have applied to join Yea - 2's players also I presume.

ORANGE BOY said:
Wayde no doubt mate he is a good player..thats just what i heard from a good source..but you obviously know him pretty well it wasn't you who he was backdooring hey????:eek:

I'm not at liberty to divulge that information (and anyway, I don't know and I don't care), and calling me a f** isn't going to make me get drawn into an argument.

But anyway, Murchison start on Saturday (against Rushy at home), and although we're not predicting big things on-field (although it would be great), we're going to spend some of our money sprucing up our facilities, so we don't miss out on hosting finals, Such as:

Extending our club's veranda, all the way to the Canteen.

Building a new Timekeeper's Box/Scoreboard that actually faces the crowd, with the option of building a new Umpire's Room underneath.

And Possibly getting a new shed and getting new changerooms for our Netballers (it's only one room for two teams and it's too crowded), and Footballers (Our Rooms are old, cramped, and crappy).

If we can do those things in the next two years, our time in the wilderness, will not have been in vain.

P.S
Our netballers are going very well this year, and were going to go up, uP, UP!!!.

P.P.S
When are they going to update the transfers list ?.

Stanhope lights up in night footy final

By Gus Underwood

March 28 2006
Kyabram Free Press

Stanhope claimed the inaugural H W Greenham and Son Girgarre night football series with an impressive win over its 2005 grand final conqueror, Tallygaroopna, on Friday night.
There was no second half fade-out this time with Stanhope producing a workmanlike four quarter performance to beat the reigning Kyabram League premier convincing fashion and pocket the $1000 prizemoney.
Although naturally pleased with the win, Stanhope coach Mark Patten said he is putting little emphasis on the performance in regards to his team's prospects for the season which kicks off this Saturday against league newcomer, Violet Town.
"It's going to take a few weeks to settle down before you know how you are travelling and how some of the other sides are as well."
Patten said his team had a solid work-out on Friday night in what was a physical game and players would have derived great benefit from it.
"In that respect it was really good.
"All the players said it was a tough game physically."
One of the things that pleased Patten was that star recruit from last season, Anthony Mann, got through a couple of quarters in defence.
Mann's season was cruelly cut short last season with a back ailment but he took a big step to making a return to the Lions ranks this season on Friday night.
Calivell United recruit, Brock Clymbo, again showed he is going to be a more than handy pick-up for Stanhope with a hard-at-it display on the ball.
Classy Dave Hansford, after a season in Darwin, also showed up on ball and around the goals while Jarrod Mason, Matt Parsons, skipper Brenton Gray and ruckman Graeme Nurse all did their share of work to help set up the win. Regulars who didn't play but who are expected to be available for the season's opener this Saturday included Nick Gibbs, Brenton Sloane, Adam Auld, Leigh Hall, Richard Goodbody and veteran Scott Macknamara.

I believe Nagambie's Craigieburn recruit Matt Bloomfield has decided to head north to Cairns, will be a blow but Im tipping Rosco will have something up his sleeve for a replacement.

nomis#17 said:
Stanhope lights up in night footy final

By Gus Underwood

March 28 2006
Kyabram Free Press

Stanhope claimed the inaugural H W Greenham and Son Girgarre night football series with an impressive win over its 2005 grand final conqueror, Tallygaroopna, on Friday night.
There was no second half fade-out this time with Stanhope producing a workmanlike four quarter performance to beat the reigning Kyabram League premier convincing fashion and pocket the $1000 prizemoney.
Although naturally pleased with the win, Stanhope coach Mark Patten said he is putting little emphasis on the performance in regards to his team's prospects for the season which kicks off this Saturday against league newcomer, Violet Town.
"It's going to take a few weeks to settle down before you know how you are travelling and how some of the other sides are as well."
Patten said his team had a solid work-out on Friday night in what was a physical game and players would have derived great benefit from it.
"In that respect it was really good.
"All the players said it was a tough game physically."
One of the things that pleased Patten was that star recruit from last season, Anthony Mann, got through a couple of quarters in defence.
Mann's season was cruelly cut short last season with a back ailment but he took a big step to making a return to the Lions ranks this season on Friday night.
Calivell United recruit, Brock Clymbo, again showed he is going to be a more than handy pick-up for Stanhope with a hard-at-it display on the ball.
Classy Dave Hansford, after a season in Darwin, also showed up on ball and around the goals while Jarrod Mason, Matt Parsons, skipper Brenton Gray and ruckman Graeme Nurse all did their share of work to help set up the win. Regulars who didn't play but who are expected to be available for the season's opener this Saturday included Nick Gibbs, Brenton Sloane, Adam Auld, Leigh Hall, Richard Goodbody and veteran Scott Macknamara.

So the boys won (easily) without their starting CHB, CHF, centreman, ruck-rover and key forward...as much as it pains me to say it they're looking alright. Will take a great effort to knock them off this year..

1000 quality posts fellas. Well done.

Doona2 there is a few names on the transfer list wanting to leave yea, are they senior players? And whats with this persistent rumour of dipper being posted overseas?

subtle hustle said:
1000 quality posts fellas. Well done.

Doona2 there is a few names on the transfer list wanting to leave yea, are they senior players? And whats with this persistent rumour of dipper being posted overseas?

Matt Finch runs a sports store in Melbourne and has no hope of getting to Yea to train etc so has decided to go back home to Broady. Eddie Neilson is a Broady boy now at Uni in Melb, has to work every 2nd Satdy and thought it would easier to nick up the Hume 4 home games.

Dan Rowley has travelled back from Wangaratta for 3-4 years now to play 2's so he'll be a loss to our depth. Stuie Jeal has been a fantastic 2's player for 3years, is best mates with Yea's 2nd's coach and dunno why he has left to play 2's at Alexandra - never had to train at Yea we just asked to be there Satdy's, he was and did very well . . .. will be a loss to teh 2's.

The rest I think are junior's that have to be cleared to the local junior comp (Seymour DJFL.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back