Re: Kyabram District FL

The big sleeper is Undera, I,d Go

Ardmona
Stanhope
Lanky
Undera
Violet Town
Tally

Have Undera recruited 20 new players? This would be the only way I could see them finishing higher than VT or Tally Bill, who seem to have recruited pretty well in the off-season. Lancy is probably the unknown this year - haven't lost too many but haven't gained too many either from what I've heard. Probably give the finals a shake but don't know how much damage they'll do when they get there. Having said that - they've been written off every year for a while now and keep on surprising everyone - unlucky not to play off in another GF last year, which might have had an influence on how the game was umpired too without Ardy playing in it!!

Is Steve Cail playing for Lancaster this year.

I wasn't aware that Steve Cail had a brother? Does he play footy? Last I'd heard Steve had moved to Melbourne but will make the trek up the highway to Wombatland in 2007 with the inch medallist Portia. Must be on a bit of coin as he wouldn't have the motivation to move too far from the couch/tv otherwise. Still has the missus in the area though which would be a factor i'd imagine:D

Who are you playing for this year IcePrick?

not sure about that sol, they could share the same relationship with euroa that avenel and seymour has, no doubt it would be tough on them at first, but i think they could field three sides:thumbsu:

I think they could too sore winkie,the only reason they havent got a thirds to date is that the VCFL wont allow it,this was according to shepp news about three weeks ago.Longwood think they can supply a thirds side where ever they go.

Have Undera recruited 20 new players? This would be the only way I could see them finishing higher than VT or Tally Bill, who seem to have recruited pretty well in the off-season. Lancy is probably the unknown this year - haven't lost too many but haven't gained too many either from what I've heard. Probably give the finals a shake but don't know how much damage they'll do when they get there. Having said that - they've been written off every year for a while now and keep on surprising everyone - unlucky not to play off in another GF last year, which might have had an influence on how the game was umpired too without Ardy playing in it!!

if you read the original post the predicted ladders is for the first six games, not the whole year!!

not sure about that sol, they could share the same relationship with euroa that avenel and seymour has, no doubt it would be tough on them at first, but i think they could field three sides:thumbsu:

Yeah good point mate. Still think it would be relatively tough but as you said gotta start somewhere.:rolleyes:

I think they could too sore winkie,the only reason they havent got a thirds to date is that the VCFL wont allow it,this was according to shepp news about three weeks ago.Longwood think they can supply a thirds side where ever they go.

What year they looking at joining the KD - They could start organising things now for 08.
My only other concern is what would happen to the remaining sides in the BDFL

What year they looking at joining the KD - They could start organising things now for 08.
is it worth a thought of maybe bringing back the old waranga N/E days, don't jump on me to harsh lads, just a thought:eek:

is it worth a thought of maybe bringing back the old waranga N/E days, don't jump on me to harsh lads, just a thought:eek:
Well if you want Longwood to join this league, I dont think it should be called Kyabram and District, if Longwood joined that would make 7 sides almost 50km or more away from the town the league is supposed to be centred around.

Longwood, Goorambat and Bonnie Doon seem to be the three BDFL sides that have the brightest future. Seems to be many clouds around Tatong and Swanpool and their longterm future. I personally think Goorambat should take on Devenish as a merger/take over, and Tatong and Swanpool look at a similar type alliance. That would leave four teams to join a neighboring league. A southern league is definately on the cards. Not sure how happy Thornton-Eildon & Alexandra are, they fought pretty heavily to join the KD.

Alexandra
Bonnie Doon
Thornton-Eildon
Goorambat (Devenish)
Swanpool-Tatong
Longwood
Yea

(Avenel & Nagambie ???)

Longwood, Goorambat and Bonnie Doon seem to be the three BDFL sides that have the brightest future. Seems to be many clouds around Tatong and Swanpool and their longterm future. I personally think Goorambat should take on Devenish as a merger/take over, and Tatong and Swanpool look at a similar type alliance. That would leave four teams to join a neighboring league. A southern league is definately on the cards. Not sure how happy Thornton-Eildon & Alexandra are, they fought pretty heavily to join the KD.

Alexandra
Bonnie Doon
Thornton-Eildon
Goorambat (Devenish)
Swanpool-Tatong
Longwood
Yea

(Avenel & Nagambie ???)
STARTING TO MAKE SENSE HERE
THE INCLUSION OF VIOLET TOWN AS WELL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just on the notion that longwood could have a similar relationship with euroa as avenal and seymour do, Violet Town probably already have that relationship with euroa with many heading up the road to vt to be top age in under 17 and returning to euroa with a few vt locals for the final year of under 18s.... However i do recall there were always a few longwood juniors at euroa playing 3rds or playing seconds for longwood so the numbers are probably there.... But my only worry would be how it would effect the numbers in all 3 teams in 3rds from VT, euroa and longwood.
Because Violet Town usually have barely enough and Euroa historically have been cellar dwellars in there 3rds.... This may only get worse if longwood produced a 3rds team

STARTING TO MAKE SENSE HERE
THE INCLUSION OF VIOLET TOWN AS WELL.

do you feel threatened by VT being in the comp..

Perhaps they should merge both comps evenly and have Div 1 & Div 2 with the two bottom teams in D1 being relegated and the two top teams of D2 being promoted. This gives the bottom sides of D1 something to play for when there is no chance of playing finals.For some people saying its getting to far away from KY is pretty self centred, the big picture is the survival of all clubs as well as footy in general...

Perhaps they should merge both comps evenly and have Div 1 & Div 2 with the two bottom teams in D1 being relegated and the two top teams of D2 being promoted. This gives the bottom sides of D1 something to play for when there is no chance of playing finals.For some people saying its getting to far away from KY is pretty self centred, the big picture is the survival of all clubs as well as footy in general...

By pooling all clubs together like that and not taking the geographical make up into it, you will find a lot more clubs survival will be in jeopardy. Makes more sense to have clubs close together playing each other than worrying too much about Divisions. Over time most clubs get there time at the top.

Just on the notion that longwood could have a similar relationship with euroa as avenal and seymour do, Violet Town probably already have that relationship with euroa with many heading up the road to vt to be top age in under 17 and returning to euroa with a few vt locals for the final year of under 18s.... However i do recall there were always a few longwood juniors at euroa playing 3rds or playing seconds for longwood so the numbers are probably there.... But my only worry would be how it would effect the numbers in all 3 teams in 3rds from VT, euroa and longwood.
Because Violet Town usually have barely enough and Euroa historically have been cellar dwellars in there 3rds.... This may only get worse if longwood produced a 3rds team
Very, very true. Longwood are clutching at straws with regards to a thirds side. They think they might be able to get one together because they need one if they are to go into a league like the KDFL (which is their only real option under the current league structures if the BDFL folds). But what they might be able to do and what will be the reality are two different things.

Other than that, they are well run and could realistically move into the KDFL eventually, I'm sure they'd be able to get together a competitive senior side but I'm not sure they'd be allowed to participate without a thirds side.

By pooling all clubs together like that and not taking the geographical make up into it, you will find a lot more clubs survival will be in jeopardy. Makes more sense to have clubs close together playing each other than worrying too much about Divisions. Over time most clubs get there time at the top.

Lets just wait and see what the VCFL come up with at season's end. It would be fair to assume they're busily looking into all the comps throughout the GM region with the number aim of guaranteeing all clubs a legitimate chance at survival, even if it means relocating 2-3 in order of saving a further 5-6.

Is ajm30 having a kick for the wombats this year. Speaking to the seconds coach today at his workplace said he and a few more experinced players were coming back for the bats for one last year. Maybe to just play seconds but I feel they will come into the side later in the year as they are all top footballers even if they are getting on a bit.

That's funny anzac, that's exactly what your mum said to me the other night just before i ................................................................:D

Gee zero, stepping up to the plate with 'mum' jokes?
How is grade three going?

Im not sure what you mean about being threatened with Violet Town in the Comp mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back