KDFL April 06 -Sept 06

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kyabram District FL

Doona2 said:
With all the talk on who's up for the Avenel senior job, has Rick Shiner even enter their thoughts??? Has been coaching the 3rds for quite some time, back to back flags and an obvious commitment and enjoyment from the young blokes playing under him.

ricky has had a very successful 5 years with the thirds, has made the finals every year i believe. however, he has a young family and i would imagine that there is some doubt as to whether or not he would be coaching at all next year. if he were to coach, i would imagine it would go for a three-peat in the thirds as there is going to be planty of talent in the thirds at avenel next year. aside from this, i dont think rick has shown any real interest in coaching the seniors, though im not sure on that?

i also was behind the goals and was watching a man in green give it to meka and then a man in bikey gear went over to him, had a few words and the man in green went very quiet.

nogood99 said:
i also was behind the goals and was watching a man in green give it to meka and then a man in bikey gear went over to him, had a few words and the man in green went very quiet.
Man in green was one of Doona's mates from Yea!! Nah just jokes mate, he was the Goal Umpire that was embroiled in a bit of how do you do when Ardy and Yea played during the year.

Mappo said:
Technically the most successfull Avenel Coach in twenty years I heard last night. Groover came close when the magoo's nearly went back to back 2002 - 2003.
There are a number of kids going up next year and Ricki has the experience with those guys, but can he bring the experienced three or four quality guy's would be my question. I know that there is no indication in regards to an application from him, but now that the year is finally over that may change.

Hat's off to the third's, they where the best team all year and deserved the win. And to do it without one of their main go through players in Kouta for the majority of the game then that's even better. Chris Chee, DJ Saunders, The O'Connors (all three) and a special mention to Fitzy and Duncan who backed themeselves to leave their man to win contest after contest was fantastic.

was a great effort by the thirds, especially after the BnF went down in the first quarter. ricky would be proud as punch. great contest between two sides, has a very high skilled, physical game of thirds football. thought pretty much all the boys stood up and performed. it was also good to see 18 a side on the field, unlike against nagambie where their coach refused to doso despite having more than enough players. how someone like drew clarke has not been picked up by a tac side is beyond me: tall, fast, strong, great mark and huge kick. theres ur rookie of the year for 2007 right there

hank1 said:
Man in green was one of Doona's mates from Yea!! Nah just jokes mate, he was the Goal Umpire that was embroiled in a bit of how do you do when Ardy and Yea played during the year.
ahhh ok, fair enough then haha

hank1 said:

Is that true about the goal ump? Was actually talking to the chap in question during the thirds clash - shoulda got down there and flown the flag ya reckon Hank :p

Instead I had the best seat in the house in that you beaut box on centre wing!!!

Doona2 said:
Is that true about the goal ump? Was actually talking to the chap in question during the thirds clash - shoulda got down there and flown the flag ya reckon Hank :p

Instead I had the best seat in the house in that you beaut box on centre wing!!!
Yeah he actually bailed me up in the Stanhope rooms before the start of the senior game, he had no idea who I was but wanted to let it be known that he was going to cause some havoc with Meka during the game, even went up to Weeksy and was telling him all about it. His call for the day was "who wants to come and see a MEKA MELTDOWN"

Yes you did have a good seat over there with the hierarchy, I was happy to be in amongst it with all the regular people!!:) , although I probably stood out a bit yelling abuse at Hughes and giving it to Lowey(he had the last laugh, will shout him a beer at cricket training thursday, I'm sure he'll need it), oh how the emotions grab hold of you when you havent been able to kick a footy in anger for over 12months, bring on 2007.

Well Donna you have played,coached been on radio l heard Eddie was looking for a side kick to take over at the pies, we might have to call you the new mr football,it would be great if you could stay around the KDFL for awhile

jobbytonny said:
Well Donna you have played,coached been on radio l heard Eddie was looking for a side kick to take over at the pies, we might have to call you the new mr football,it would be great if you could stay around the KDFL for awhile

Was always told to make the most of every opportunity mate - I doubt a radio career beckons, I got caught spectating a few times and didnt contribute much in the tense final term as I was kinda hoping Pearcey mighta sealed it after last year missing out.

Collingwood on the other hand . . . . .

hank1 said:
Can not believe it, congrats to Ardy they did everything they had to and got the ultimate prize. Before I mention the umpires(Umpire) Stanhope had the class to win no matter what the umpires through up and should have done enough. Anyway, if Gary Hughes didnt get paid off then I'm a virgin, a transvestite and a female.

An absolutely disgraceful effort from him, if that wasnt a mark to Gray with a minute to go which Ardy scored the winning goal from then I dont know what a mark is. He awarder three free kicks for shepharding off the ball which I have seen one of them picked out for the whole year. Umpires are the same as players, some blokes can handle the pressure of finals and some cant, Hughes is one that cant! You may think these comments are from a sore loser mentality, but I have nothing to do with the Stanhope footy Club anymore and to add weight to what I seen today, a GV Umpire seen me Thursday when the umpires where announced and said "now that Hosie and Hughes are umpiring the KDL granny Stanhope would be shacking in their boots" READ WHAT YOU LIKE INTO THAT, COMING FROM ONE OF THEIR OWN.

All in all Stanhope should have won the game but werent good enough on the day, WELL DONE ARDY.
Hughes was kicked out of the wangaratta umpire association a few years back for a similar suspicious effort in a final. What was in that envelope that one of Pez's goons gave to hughes after the game? As an aside, how can you be both a virgin and a female if you are from Stanhope?

roaring tiger said:
Totally correct koshy. We played them last week and they were shocking. The league and umpires should show some guts and take a stand. IF they don't lift the act and they should get booted out of the comp.

Ardy didn't even bother to send the correct players that got reported in the under 18's match from last week. So there were no suspensions. Throughout the under 18's game they had players going off and changing jumpers.

I HOPE THE LEAGUE DOES SOMETHING ABOUT THE ARDY FOOTY CLUB!
(gotta get five replies in before i can post a thread). Stuff will happen during the off season. Sev will be opposed and hopefully rolled and Ardy will be made to pay up all that is owing (haven't been finacial for a few seasons now). If the executive gets rolled as is hoped, the tribunal members will be gone and the umps will be told to do their job and get these drop kicks out of our league. It is a pity that Ardy's reputation is spoiled by some brilliant ball players in Brad Lowe, O'Brien and Brereton though.

Nice photo in the Shepp News of #9 for Ardy giving the 'double bird' to the crowd....I presume there was a bit of niggle there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forty one said:
Hughes was kicked out of the wangaratta umpire association a few years back for a similar suspicious effort in a final. What was in that envelope that one of Pez's goons gave to hughes after the game? As an aside, how can you be both a virgin and a female if you are from Stanhope?

How any team in a home and away game, let alone a "granny" could only be awarded "one" free for a half of football, is "cheating".

Stanhope would be derelict in their duties if they did not lodge an official complaint to the league in writing.

Having a foot in neither camp, the bloke should just "not" umpire ever again, he is incapable of interpreting the rules.

forty one said:

Yer well in one of the last home and away games there was an incident the Stanhope President went into the umpires rooms to collect the ball only to be met by umpire Shannon(who is a goldspink type ump) who was going off about not getting followed off the ground and he started saying this is why stanhope is a **** club naturally the Pres bit back and was reported. At the tribunal Gary Hughes was running the show for the umps the ump got nothing for his comments while Stanhope was fined $500. 37 free kicks to 13 against Ardmona that just doesn't happen without something going wrong. Some course of very strong action needs to take place and the league admin that have been happy to take their pay cheques but not make the tough decisions( Ardmona vs Rushy 3rds game, kid getting throated by Meka at the 2nd semi) must act.
I think the V.C.F.L should be called in to handle the situation.

On The Money said:
Yer well in one of the last home and away games there was an incident the Stanhope President went into the umpires rooms to collect the ball only to be met by umpire Shannon(who is a goldspink type ump) who was going off about not getting followed off the ground and he started saying this is why stanhope is a **** club naturally the Pres bit back and was reported. At the tribunal Gary Hughes was running the show for the umps the ump got nothing for his comments while Stanhope was fined $500. 37 free kicks to 13 against Ardmona that just doesn't happen without something going wrong. Some course of very strong action needs to take place and the league admin that have been happy to take their pay cheques but not make the tough decisions( Ardmona vs Rushy 3rds game, kid getting throated by Meka at the 2nd semi) must act.
I think the V.C.F.L should be called in to handle the situation.

Believe the case with the SFC pres followed the Yea game. The first 20 minutes on Satdy set the scene ..... 18 free kicks to 6, it just got worse after that to the point of being laughable I reckon.

At one stage one of the umps stopped play at one end, only to run to the opposing 50m line to talk to I think Justin Williams. There was no need to do it and just appeared a case of the ump stealing the limelight. Had no idea there was a history with the ump in question though, but after Saturday I can understand why

On the other matter - if Ardmona aren't in fact financial as I think a few are alledging, how is it they're allowed to even compete in the KDFL??? I was of the understadning there is a certain time prior to the commencement of each season that a fee is to be payed by clubs in order to be affiliated :confused:

Doona2 said:
Believe the case with the SFC pres followed the Yea game. The first 20 minutes on Satdy set the scene ..... 18 free kicks to 6, it just got worse after that to the point of being laughable I reckon.

At one stage one of the umps stopped play at one end, only to run to the opposing 50m line to talk to I think Justin Williams. There was no need to do it and just appeared a case of the ump stealing the limelight.

Had no idea there was a history with the ump in question though, but after Saturday I can understand why

Doona, was he one of the umpires in the Avenel vs Yea game down at Yea. I know we weren't the best team in the comp, but 23 free kicks to 3 after 1/2 time was an absolute joke. And when I said to one of them whats going on with the free kicks he turned around and said "it's not the AFL". What was worse is we don't know exactly how bad the count was against us in the first half but it was bad enough for us to start counting.
Please tell me there could only be one bloke as bad as him.

Mappo said:
Doona, was he one of the umpires in the Avenel vs Yea game down at Yea. I know we weren't the best team in the comp, but 23 free kicks to 3 after 1/2 time was an absolute joke. And when I said to one of them whats going on with the free kicks he turned around and said "it's not the AFL". What was worse is we don't know exactly how bad the count was against us in the first half but it was bad enough for us to start counting.

Leave it with me Im gunna flick thru the Yea v Avenel stats when I get home tonight :thumbsu:

forty one said:

Exactly my point, he must have been paid off.

Mappo said:
Not surprisingg to hear that, Mappo.
We had him when we travelled to Yea also, and after he witnessed one of our younger guys get headbutted early in the game I asked him why the player was not sent off or reported as he said he had seen it.
his response was this "why would i report him? You guys will just send your bloke to the tribunal and tell him to say nothing happened". I was pretty disappointed witht that comment. As i was with alot of the decisions or non-descisions on saturday.

I thought the two umpires we had in the prelim were great. They were fair and consistant and had control of the game from start to finish. And thats all you can ask for.

cosby said:
Not surprisingg to hear that, Mappo.
We had him when we travelled to Yea also, and after he witnessed one of our younger guys get headbutted early in the game I asked him why the player was not sent off or reported as he said he had seen it.
his response was this "why would i report him? You guys will just send your bloke to the tribunal and tell him to say nothing happened". I was pretty disappointed witht that comment. As i was with alot of the decisions or non-descisions on saturday.

I thought the two umpires we had in the prelim were great. They were fair and consistant and had control of the game from start to finish. And thats all you can ask for.

Agree with the headbutt incident Cosby, looked bad and even the Yea bench were surprised at not even 15 minutes in the sin bin. Seems to be a common denomiator in a lot of this talk . . . . . maybe it is time his efforts are looked in to.

Looking towards 2007 now lads, who's staying, who's going and what news have we got even at this very early stage?

Doona2 said:
Agree with the headbutt incident Cosby, looked bad and even the Yea bench were surprised at not even 15 minutes in the sin bin. Seems to be a common denomiator in a lot of this talk . . . . . maybe it is time his efforts are looked in to.

Looking towards 2007 now lads, who's staying, who's going and what news have we got even at this very early stage?

Hey Doona is Dipper going around at Yea next year?
l also heard Eddie Shields was over seeing whats going on at Naggers next year.
l was talking to a VT boy today dosent seem like they will loose anyone but are going hard at a few top up players he said there biggest problem was depth, but a good thing for them is that the rumor has it a fair few Euroa boys are not getting along so well, could be ripe for the picking

jobbytonny said:
Hey Doona is Dipper going around at Yea next year?
l also heard Eddie Shields was over seeing whats going on at Naggers next year.
l was talking to a VT boy today dosent seem like they will loose anyone but are going hard at a few top up players he said there biggest problem was depth, but a good thing for them is that the rumor has it a fair few Euroa boys are not getting along so well, could be ripe for the picking

Was under the impression that a few of the boys are transferring with work and Dipper will be permanently in Melbourne but not 100% on that. I too heard that Eddie was helping out, maybe young Mick might head home if he gets a flag on Sunday - and yes I expect the Towners to be top 3-4 in 2007 with a few major league recruits set to join.

Gray is Lions' best
September 28 2006
Shepparton News

Stanhope captain Brenton Gray won his third Robert Harrison Medal from as many attempts for the Lions at the weekend.

The gun on-baller, who previously won the Lions' best and fairest in 1996 and 2005, polled 42 votes to edge out Matt Trist and Nick Gibbs, who tied for second on 33.

In the reserves, Chris Wilson snared the award from Matt Evans, while Ryan Patten claimed the thirds' medal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back