KDFL 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can confirm that rushy offered Paul $10k to coach, it's what he originally asked for, but after a week of thinking about it, he changed his mind and wanted a little more. We were prepared to agree to the amount but he then had family pressure not to take the job... Must admit I was very hesitant at first but after we interviewed him I was really impressed and think he'll make a good coach in the future. And we were talking to 2 others at the same stage so it wasnt a case of 'looking like having no coach'.

As for rushys new coach not being able to get a game with Elmore twos, well he is in his 40's so think it's not so much of not being able to get a game, more so as he shouldn't have been trying but was there trying to help out with numbers. And as he's appointed as a non playing coach it never really mattered anyway. And I think you'll find that a lot of clubs have a person that 'no one listens too', but in reality that's just one groups opinion of a person. I think that he didn't agree with Elmore's senior coach may have put him offside a bit, but hey we've all done that!!! So far he's been really positive in both training and recruiting so were happy
HAHAHAHAHA

Any chance Smooth Mover could be Deckthehall? Still dirty with Russ & Riggaz.......only a theory, but he has gone quiet of late.

Haha Tiggsy I was waiting for it.... Been sitting back the last couple of days reading thinking who's guna be 1st to blame me? I was actually thinking Riggas would message me 1st to double check.... Hahaha But surely u's know me well enough now to know that if I had something to say firstly I wouldn't use a fake user name to do so & secondly I would call Riggas himself & tell him he's a has been, but hey anyone that can Quote "Win a game off his own boot in a qrt & ask the spectators for extra admission fees" (Stevie J like) Unquote :D:D:D:D obviously still has abit left to add to country footy even if it is just for his humour!! :D:p

Oh & who ever said I was dirty with Russ or Riggas? I've never met Russ Lee once & only heard good things about him & I still continue to talk to Riggas so hardly say I'm the person to blame.... I've always stated that the only issue I had was with the Lancaster Coaching Committee for the piss poor way they handled things that wasn't my fault & I'm pretty sure Russ or Riggas had nothing to do with that.... So I'd keep looking from within!! ;);)

it's probably some deadwood we are moving on or just a s**t stirrer

Hey Foxy maybe u should stop being a PUSSY & shed us some light on who u are, the way Bigfooty is nowdays ur comments are fairly irrelevant unless u want to come out of the closet.... Or are u embarrassed about what u see in the mirror everyday? :eek:

Last edited:
Haha Tiggsy I was waiting for it.... Been sitting back the last couple of days reading thinking who's guna be 1st to blame me? I was actually thinking Riggas would message me 1st to double check.... Hahaha But surely u's know me well enough now to know that if I had something to say firstly I wouldn't use a fake user name to do so & secondly I would call Riggas himself & tell him he's a has been, but hey anyone that can Quote "Win a game off his own boot in a qrt & ask the spectators for extra admission fees" Unquote :D:D:D:D obviously still has abit left to add to country footy even if it is his humour!!

Oh & who ever said I was dirty with Russ or Riggas? I've never met Russ Lee once & only heard good things about him & I still continue to talk to Riggas so hardly say I'm the person to blame.... I've always stated that the only issue I had was with the Lancaster Coaching Committee for the piss poor way they handled things that wasn't my fault & I'm pretty sure Russ or Riggas had nothing to do with that.... So I'd keep looking from within!! ;);)

Hey Foxy maybe u should stop being a PUSSY & shed us some light on who u are, the way Bigfooty is nowdays ur comments are fairly irrelevant unless u want to come out of the closet.... Or are u embarrassed about what u see in the mirror everyday? :eek:
cash or credit cash or credit.. Hahaha love it it's all true.. :)

Welcome to the Gum Smooth Mover, if you don't hate Lancy after what has happened as you say, then you better learn how to!!

Also the guy from Echuca is a Bulldog now too. He's a 19 year old bloke, Josh Smith, already got 15 GV Senior games up his sleeve so should go well for us.

Welcome to the Gum Smooth Mover, if you don't hate Lancy after what has happened as you say, then you better learn how to!!

Also the guy from Echuca is a Bulldog now too. He's a 19 year old bloke, Josh Smith, already got 15 GV Senior games up his sleeve so should go well for us.
F%%k me keep going Smoothy and you might need more sock draws than DT

F%%k me keep going Smoothy and you might need more sock draws than DT

Haha Firstly It's funny, Gig wasn't bagging me out when they rang me wanting me to be their coach!!!! Now that I "POTENTIALLY" sign up somewhere else I'm the biggest club **** known to man.... U blokes crack me up....

I'll let u in on a little secret, if I decide to play it'll be at Merrigum, if not I'll be retiring & I'll be sure to come to ur games & bag u's out to repay the favour.... Cheers

Mate I not bagging you out, it's been a common joke getting around KDFL for years,also
I have nothing to do with gig, sure I no people out there but not involved with club, so pull your head out your arse, if it makes you feel better , were ever you play good luck to you, and I hope you get treated better than what you did at your past club .
Haha Firstly It's funny, Gig wasn't bagging me out when they rang me wanting me to be their coach!!!! Now that I "POTENTIALLY" sign up somewhere else I'm the biggest club **** known to man.... U blokes crack me up....

I'll let u in on a little secret, if I decide to play it'll be at Merrigum, if not I'll be retiring & I'll be sure to come to ur games & bag u's out to repay the favour.... Cheers
ate

Mate I not bagging you out, it's been a common joke getting around KDFL for years,also
I have nothing to do with gig, sure I no people out there but not involved with club, so pull your head out your arse, if it makes you feel better , were ever you play good luck to you, and I hope you get treated better than what you did at your past club .

ate

Head out of ass!!!! Haha Come on I ain't that flexible anymore....

Heard the boys on coin at the gum were asked to take a pay cut to accommodate incoming players. Straight from the coaches mouth....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard the boys on coin at the gum were asked to take a pay cut to accommodate incoming players. Straight from the coaches mouth....

I don't think that's a particularly ground breaking revelation. The players obliged to this request.
The lure of potential success is still greater than the lure of money.

There are still plenty of good blokes who are motivated by family, mates and success. Sullivan, Wellington and Clarke etc. on massive unders compared to several other offers they received.
Players don't always go to the highest bidder..

We don't have an endless supply of money, if guys "buy in" to what you're trying to achieve the funds tend to stretch a lot further..

I don't think that's a particularly ground breaking revelation. The players obliged to this request.
The lure of potential success is still greater than the lure of money.

There are still plenty of good blokes who are motivated by family, mates and success. Sullivan, Wellington and Clarke etc. on massive unders compared to several other offers they received.
Players don't always go to the highest bidder..

We don't have an endless supply of money, if guys "buy in" to what you're trying to achieve the funds tend to stretch a lot further..
Couldn't agree with you more. Was by no means trying to pot Merrigum by my above comment. Just found it strange that Barney would so openly talk to members of other football clubs within the league about the spendings of his club. I think it's great that so many of the boys are committed to success that they are wiling to take a cut in order to achieve the ultimate prize for their beloved club

Couldn't agree with you more. Was by no means trying to pot Merrigum by my above comment. Just found it strange that Barney would so openly talk to members of other football clubs within the league about the spendings of his club. I think it's great that so many of the boys are committed to success that they are wiling to take a cut in order to achieve the ultimate prize for their beloved club

Never took it as a "pot shot",
Just healthy debate as it should be on here.. I Don't have a problem with that from Barney, I think he's pointing out the unselfishness of the group more than anything.

Many clubs have situations where exact weekly earning from players is hot topic and knowledge.
Telling members of opposing clubs this sort of thing isn't a big deal. Telling members of your OWN club much more sensitive information IS!!

Never took it as a "pot shot",
Just healthy debate as it should be on here.. I Don't have a problem with that from Barney, I think he's pointing out the unselfishness of the group more than anything.

Many clubs have situations where exact weekly earning from players is hot topic and knowledge.
Telling members of opposing clubs this sort of thing isn't a big deal. Telling members of your OWN club much more sensitive information IS!!
Wow might have a look at the lanky v mezz game will be interesting.. :)

Dropped in for a couple last night at the Ky pub and bumped into couple of Lanky boys won't mention names , but they said the new coach (Lee) got upfront $5k sign on and $1800 a game! Surely this is not right?

Yet to have any runs on the board from a coaching point of view and they also said he will only front up Saturday's. Not a good look for a highly paid coach!

Dropped in for a couple last night at the Ky pub and bumped into couple of Lanky boys won't mention names , but they said the new coach (Lee) got upfront $5k sign on and $1800 a game! Surely this is not right?

Yet to have any runs on the board from a coaching point of view and they also said he will only front up Saturday's. Not a good look for a highly paid coach!

Waiting for it....:D

Over to you Ark....

Never have I enjoyed a game of Bigfooty tennis like this.... Wonder who will win the point?? :D:D

Haha Tiggsy I was waiting for it.... Been sitting back the last couple of days reading thinking who's guna be 1st to blame me? I was actually thinking Riggas would message me 1st to double check.... Hahaha But surely u's know me well enough now to know that if I had something to say firstly I wouldn't use a fake user name to do so & secondly I would call Riggas himself & tell him he's a has been, but hey anyone that can Quote "Win a game off his own boot in a qrt & ask the spectators for extra admission fees" (Stevie J like) Unquote :D:D:D:D obviously still has abit left to add to country footy even if it is just for his humour!! :D:p

Afternoon Smoothy, I didn't actually think you were Deckthehall but you had been quiet & to be honest I was starting to miss your daily dribble.

Surely these figures have been exaggerated, Russ Lee is a gun player but surely Lancy aren't paying him $1,800 a game, that's absurd. Arkitect please set us straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back