Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my tips for the Grand Final.

Rushworth have the momentum, the talls, a solid defence headed by Sam Perry and the two X-Factors up forward in "Jungle" Martin & Tavis Perry, and as much as you think Lancaster's experience will see a very good contest, I can't go against the Rushy Tigers to win a tremendous Premiership doing it the hard way.

Rushworth to win by 16 points & the BOG will be Drew Clarke (Rushworth).

Lancaster have been the standout side all season, and even though you would think that Stanhope should have some key ins for this match, the Wombats will waddle out of Mooroopna with a deserved Premiership

Lancaster to win by 13 points & the BOG will be B. Cooper (Lancaster)

And now to the most important game tomorrow :D, and after Murchison's tremendous last quarter effort to run over the top of a **** sure Ardmona, the Hoppers will have to sustain that last quarter effort from last week for four quarters against the undefeated Tallygaroopna.

Tally have very few weaknesses, and on paper should win easily, but because games aren't played on paper, I reckon that Murchison will pull of a mighty effort but will fall just short and Tally will be Premiers & Champions in 2011.

Tallygaroopna to win by 9 points & J. Hexter (Tallygaroopna) to win the BOG

As far as the Netball goes, I don't care who wins, as long as Murchison win thier 2 games in the Under 17's & C-Grade :thumbsu::D:);).

Good luck to all teams tomorrow, and I hope for a fantastic days Football & Netball at Mooroopna.

THIRDS tally by 44pts
best on h.n.k or hexter

RESERVES lanky by 34pts
too much run and pace
best on brayden jones

SENIORS lanky by 27pts
enough depth and options to cope with the expectations.
best on meka could have a day out 6-7 goals

looks a good day should be a big crowd
well done to all teams that have made it this far.

THIRDS tally by 44pts
best on h.n.k or hexter

RESERVES lanky by 34pts
too much run and pace
best on brayden jones

SENIORS lanky by 27pts
enough depth and options to cope with the expectations.
best on meka could have a day out 6-7 goals

looks a good day should be a big crowd
well done to all teams that have made it this far.

well done wombats

pay up sportsbet

Congrats lanky, monstered us today. Thought Orr down back, seirakowski & Casey killed us. Thommo, brunt & Burnett played well as did meka, obviously. They thoroughly deserved the win and I suppose they were due. Hopefully we can reload, regroup and give it a shake again next year.

"Lancaster have been the standout side all season, and even though you would think that Stanhope should have some key ins for this match, the Wombats will waddle out of Mooroopna with a deserved Premiership

Standout side? that's why they finished second? Stanhope have 6 key players out but they will still crush lanky around the stoppages, as lanky have too many players who don't like to win the hard ball. Stanhope by 21

Rushworth with the form, game changing players and momentum coming in, will run over the top of lanky after half time through their solid work around the centre contests and their supperior ruck options. Rushy by 37

Could not have been more wrong Bruno ......... Again

Congrats lanky, monstered us today. Thought Orr down back, seirakowski & Casey killed us. Thommo, brunt & Burnett played well as did meka, obviously. They thoroughly deserved the win and I suppose they were due. Hopefully we can reload, regroup and give it a shake again next year.

I know it's an old cliche "you have to lose a premiership to win a premiership", but it's been a fantastic season from you guys, and I hope that you're able to retain your squad, because I think that 2012 will be the year that you guys can really challenge for the title.

Lancaster had the greater finals experience (which as I've said earlier is a big plus), and they showed why they were the best all season, thier guns didn't misfire, and they had no passengers, and after coming so close over the past decade, they were due.

Was a very good game in the Reserves, Stanhope (the side with the better H & A form) really put it up to Lancaster (the side with the better finals form), and as a neutral observer, was a very good, high quality curtain raiser for the Seniors.

The Under 18's was the best game of the lot (I know I'm biased, but it was the closest), Murchison played easily the best they have ever played all season only to fall agonisingly close to going back to back, whilst Tallygaroopna had to really find something deep within themselves to win.

Tally up until that point barely broke out of a canter all season, and for a side that if you look at it was proabaly only the 4th best team in the Under 18's this season (Tally, Ardy & Nagambie I think were better all round), to push them like they haven't been pushed all sesason, was a tremendous effort from Andrew Ferguson, Mick Tuhan and everyone at Murchison.

But that being said, Tallygaroopna are worthy champions (to go undefeated is a great achievement in any grade), not only because they were the best team all season, but they had something that thier Under 18's have lacked in previous years, and that's a bit more disipline, and I think having that missing ingredient, made all the difference when it mattered.

Apart from the easy win for Lancy in the seniors, it was a fitting end to the KDFL for season 2011, now I hope we can have a grand final venue in 2012, (cough, cough, Murchison ;), or even Stanhope, Lancaster or Undera) that has a main scoreboard that works (for Football & Netball) and canteens that don't run out of food at midday (I wanted to get a hotdog, and the only hot food they had was pasties which give me terrible heartburn, so I had a roll which was mushy and overpriced $5 for a roll with a slither of lettuce & a few bits of chicken, bloody hell), is that too much to ask ?:rolleyes:.

now I hope we can have a grand final venue in 2012, (cough, cough, Murchison ;), or even Stanhope, Lancaster or Undera) that has a main scoreboard that works (for Football & Netball) and canteens that don't run out of food at midday (I wanted to get a hotdog, and the only hot food they had was pasties which give me terrible heartburn, so I had a roll which was mushy and overpriced $5 for a roll with a slither of lettuce & a few bits of chicken, bloody hell), is that too much to ask ?:rolleyes:.

It was a shocking do that Mooroopna put on. They knew it was predicted to be a record crowd and catered poorly.

Canteen run out of food by half time
Draught cans @ BBQ run out by half time
BBQ ran out of food.
Food not ready in canteen by 930 for start of Netball.

Give it back to the KDL clubs because we actually give a S%!t about OUR grand final.

It was a shocking do that Mooroopna put on. They knew it was predicted to be a record crowd and catered poorly.

Canteen run out of food by half time
Draught cans @ BBQ run out by half time
BBQ ran out of food.
Food not ready in canteen by 930 for start of Netball.

Give it back to the KDL clubs because we actually give a S%!t about OUR grand final.

I agree, put it up for tender (for 5 years, like Mooroopna), but only make it so that only KDFL Clubs can apply, provided that the club that wins it has a system where the teams that don't host finals, have the right to run a bar, BBQ, or get some $ to be parking attendants, if the so desire.

Girgarre, Nagambie, Violet Town, Tallygaroopna, Lancaster & Ardmona would be the ones in the mix, but make it so that the sides that are down the ladder have a greater chance to raise some $ like a lottery, so that Girgarre or an Ardmona can do something on the day (similar to what the GVFL did last Sunday where the Shepp. Swans ran the bars, BBQ's & canteens, but more spread evenly).

The 4 clubs that have hosted it in in the past decade (Stanhope, Murchison, Lancaster & Undera), should be in the running because they have the space to run such an event.

I see the league as a family, and despite our differences, we should try to work together to make these thing work.

Stanhope held thier Best & Fairest count on Sunday

Ty Guiney took out the seniors ahead of Brenton Gray
Dane Church & Andrew Cooper tied for the reserves, Coops has now won three in a row. Brock Clymo was runner up. Whilst Tom Hepburn won the thirds ahead of Matthew Gill.

Stanhope held thier Best & Fairest count on Sunday

Ty Guiney took out the seniors ahead of Brenton Gray
Dane Church & Andrew Cooper tied for the reserves, Coops has now won three in a row. Brock Clymo was runner up. Whilst Tom Hepburn won the thirds ahead of Matthew Gill.

and i hear sleethy had a good time too:D

sorry have to disagree, I think the Granny at Mooroopna is terrific.

Cant comment on the catering as I managed to get a feed no worries and the bar I frequently visited always had a cold Draught can.

Large ground in good knick, plenty of spots to watch the footy, nice large changerooms, if it rains loads of cover and can cater car parking easy.

Lets go back to last years finals........
Nagambie- the ground was that boggy it smelt and was unsafe,if it rains no cover at all.
Lancaster- remember the game being played in 2" of water, cars got bogged and everyone huddled under the verendah and small stand
Murchison- there rooms alone shouldnt warrant a final and not enough cover on rainy days
Yes Mooroopna's ground was also muddy but not as bad as the KDL grounds.

I have also witnessed at KDL finals, fights in the crowds, underages smashed, and everyone taking in bbq's and eskys overloaded.

So if Mooroopna had more pies and more beers would it have been successfull????

All of those points are valid (although a bit exaggerated), but the one thing that you failed to mention was the amount of money that Mooroopna has recieved over the years by hosting our Grand Final.

You cannot tell me that there's no link between the greatly increased revenue streams coming from hosting our grand final going to Mooroopna(which in turn, has allowed them to greatly increase thier budget for buying more players) and thier recent success ?. Because it's as plain as the nose on your face (look at where they were on the ladder BEFORE they became the KDFL Grand Final hosts), and it's not just because of the money that irks me so about this arrangement, because it's bread that's stolen from our mouths.

Thier new netball court, you cannot tell me that having a grand final didn't help them in a significant way in getting the local, state and federal grant money available to build it in the first place ?, money that should've gone to a club more deserving of such government largesse.

The issue with the scoreboard and the catering are but two examples why I think having the KDFL's most prized asset sold off to an indifferent GVFL club, is appaling and sells our league short (it says that NONE of our clubs are good enough to handle a grand final, which is an insult to our clubs), especially when the dividends to the 13 KDFL clubs are average to say the least.

I saw plenty of people drinking out of glass bottles at Mooroopna, so thier checking of BBQ's and BYO grog wasn't that wonderful if they were able to manage to sneak that through, and that's a problem of security & policing, which happens regardless of where a grand final is played.

That being said, it would be churlish of me to not acknowlege that there's more shelter & parking there (there should be, afterall Mooroopna's a major club in a large town), but you don't see the Heathcote League play thier Grand Final at the QEO ?, so why should our league play anywhere else but within our league ?, especially when the returns from playing at Mooroopna are so meagre ?.

Some good points Joe, but I disagree with you, as well. I think it's a bonus for the league to have the Grand Final played at a neutral venue, with better playing facilities. I can't argue against any of your comments, but still prefer it being held on a GV venue.

Obviously it's really early on, has there been any major player changes/retirements yet..? Are Pell, Brunt and Casey going around for Lancy again..?

A couple of days after the GF I bumped into a bloke from Mernda who was 'confident' of signing 8 VT players next year.. Is there anything in that sparra and bodzy, or have the boys committed?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some good points Joe, but I disagree with you, as well. I think it's a bonus for the league to have the Grand Final played at a neutral venue, with better playing facilities. I can't argue against any of your comments, but still prefer it being held on a GV venue.

Obviously it's really early on, has there been any major player changes/retirements yet..? Are Pell, Brunt and Casey going around for Lancy again..?

A couple of days after the GF I bumped into a bloke from Mernda who was 'confident' of signing 8 VT players next year.. Is there anything in that sparra and bodzy, or have the boys committed?

News to me Tav as they all committed to next year at our vote count day.

In fact one of their parents told me at the vote count that they have another couple to bring up next year if we want them.

Great bunch of blokes by the way. And their parents all came up each week also and fitted in beautifully with all the locals. In fact a few of the parents even came up for our Thursday night meals and were amazed to see a consistent local crowd of around 150 enjoying our Thurday night cuisine.

Personally I was rapt to have them on board and I know all the local players and supporters were just as pleased.

We have our presentation night next friday and all the Melbourne boys and their families will be present so perhaps that bloke was only hoping they were going to sign with Mernda.

We aim to go a couple of steps further in 2012 and to erase the shame and dissappointment of going out in straight sets.

More like will Lancy have the money to keep players like , Brunt, Nunn Casey, Meka,Tomo,Gemmil, plus who ever else is on the pay role.

Think lanky will be thereabouts again next year. Gemmill will play, brunt 50/50, pell will go again and Casey along with his brother inlaw. Word is their forward line will be even stronger than what it was this year, some big signings already. Got to hand it to them, they seem to be a very well run club and have a track record over a long period of time as being very competitive.

Well I can only talk about what happened at Murch when they played you guys, and although there were a few cheap shots, spiteful incidents and flare ups, at least you guys (Longwood) saw it for what it was, uncalled for.

This was emphasized by the fact that your reserves coach had a chat to us after the game, apologizing for a few of the things I've talked about here, which was greatly appreciated:thumbsu:, and didn't condoned such things (which is also good:thumbsu:), and didn't try to blame shift and look for reasons to excuse dickish behavior (like Ardmona does on an all too regular basis).

At least that accounts for something, and I hope that they nip that in the bud early, because idiots can ruin clubs quickly, but the aftermath remains a lot longer, because they're a good club and you want to attract good people and it would be a shame that a few idiots create a bad vibe around the place.

Although I was only goal umpiring during the 2nds game, I had to put up with the booming voice of a feral bogan chick in an old Nissan Patrol chick screaming abuse into my ear like a banshee for two hours or to anyone within earshot (she wasn't from Murchison thank god, but it's still bad nether the less), and yes this was bloody irritating, especially when she was bagging out Longwood's players and called one of our players a n!@#$r (which a club could get in trouble in if it was in a metropolitan league, which is a bit unfair because it's not their fault she's an idiot).

In the end, instead of feeling irritated about how the game panned out (a easy win to murch which felt a bit hollow, because of the abuse and the incidents of the match), I felt sorry for the good people at Longwood (Like John Carrot) for having that to contend with, which is bad enough, especially when wins are few and far between.

Anyway, I hope that the Elimination Final is a great success for Longwood, as I think that it will be a good game to watch if both Stanhope & Rushworth are at full strength, and I will go and have a look and spend some $$$$ there because it'll help them out after a tough 2011.
Hey Joe
A lot will be revealed when you watch A Current Affair on Win at 7.00pm Monday, 3 October.
Cheers
John Carrot;):thumbsu:

Yep not good for us Tav, Melb guys going home, Smyth and Harrison retiring,Horsburgh heading back to Cairns, McCorkell to return to Benalla and McKay returning to Euroa for a crack at the bushies. Might need myself and sparra to pull the boots on next year and have a kick,cant wait:thumbsu:

Yep not good for us Tav, Melb guys going home, Smyth and Harrison retiring,Horsburgh heading back to Cairns, McCorkell to return to Benalla and McKay returning to Euroa for a crack at the bushies. Might need myself and sparra to pull the boots on next year and have a kick,cant wait:thumbsu:

They'd be what 31-32 now??? $hit I hope you're just cranking jaxbac, surely after getting near a ticket to the big dance the Towners would load up for another crack?

Yeh, I reckon jaxbac might be stitching us up, Doona.. Bo Harrisons a couple of years younger than me, and although his knee looked proppy against us I doubt he'd be retiring. The fact he reckons him and sparra might play again gives it away..

Heard we could have a couple of big names in the KDL next year, with Percy Roberts considering signing at Stanhope & lanky making a play for Dwayne heuston. I imagine Heath Barnett will be on the wombats radar, too, but I hear he's close to signing at nathalia.

How's our insurance cover?

Yeh, I reckon jaxbac might be stitching us up, Doona.. Bo Harrisons a couple of years younger than me, and although his knee looked proppy against us I doubt he'd be retiring. The fact he reckons him and sparra might play again gives it away..

Heard we could have a couple of big names in the KDL next year, with Percy Roberts considering signing at Stanhope & lanky making a play for Dwayne heuston. I imagine Heath Barnett will be on the wombats radar, too, but I hear he's close to signing at nathalia.

Barnett supposed to be already signed at Lancy, hope your right with your Percy mail!!

Would assume most sides would have had B&F counts by now, who has taken out the senior awards this season?
Stanhope: Ty Guiney
Rushworth: Daniel Lambden
Avenel: Gerard Liddell
Nagambie: Mick Sheils

What you mean Tav, are you saying this body dosen't have another good year in it..The missus says that it gets better with age..Not sure what Heather think of sparra's though:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back