KB just announced "Eugene Arocca's coming on"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not 100% certain but I think I heard Andrew Maher say that Hamish Mc Intosh will be on tomorrow morning. Someone else may be able to confirm.

BTW, thanks for letting us know about Eugene, Mr R. Unfortunately now I'll have to listen to KB, though. :thumbsdown:

I managed to hear him singing Hansen's praises as someone likely to shore up our defence, along with Drew.

He mentioned how good Haley was last year.

As for recruits, he singled out Ziebell and Wright. KB took him down the Ziebell path and Eugene said Jack had made a wonderful first impression on him.

He mentioned that tomorrow, 23 January, is our first day as a member owned club. Red letter day in the club's history. We get ASIC approval from tomorrow.

He said his next big priority is the Arden St re-development. Something tangible.

He spoke about Sav and mentioned how we as NM people were so proud of him and how we as NM will welcome him when he returns to Australia in about 3 weeks.

Finally, he spoke about membership. He said something about us being 100 down (I think it was on budget for this year) and that he was not too concerned as we got off to a late start. He said we were 3000 down on last year so it is important that supporters convert to members. He is confident that we will get 30,000 + by the time we're finished.

He is excellent on the radio. Straight shooter, friendly, says all the right things.

I missed the early part of the interview so hopefully snapperbowler can make a contribution and correct some of my inaccuracies at the same time.

Finally, he spoke about membership. He said something about us being 100 down (I think it was on budget for this year) and that he was not too concerned as we got off to a late start. He said we were 3000 down on last year so it is important that supporters convert to members. He is confident that we will get 30,000 + by the time we're finished.

just to clarify, he said that as of the 18th of Jan we were 3160 ( or something like that ) down on last year.

just to clarify, he said that as of the 18th of Jan we were 3160 ( or something like that ) down on last year.

Yep. But he did say that if you take out the fact we started 3 weeks later then last seasons membership drive then we are actually on par.

My phone rung right in the middle and I ignored it.

At the start Eugene talked about the Arden St Redevelopment and how they hope to announce the builder at next weeks AGM.

He then spoke about the Aboriginal Youth Centre that is going to be included in the Arden St Revelopment. Mentioned how around 20 aboriginals have played senior footy for NMFC which could be the most for the Victorian clubs. Also mentioned that the Krakouers grand grand grandfather was Polish.

He was really impressed with the first phone call he had with Jack Z. Instead of one word answers he engaged in a full conversation with him. Talked about him being a future captain.

Mr R covered the rest and tomorrow is another day to make in the calandar as a historic day in our history.

I must have started to listen just before Mr R. He was talking about how Arden St has some special aboriginal significance but I missed what it was. He was also discussing the aboriginal players we have had at the club and he believes we may have had the most of any Victorian club. He is having this researched.

Yes, that's correct, trevagreene. 18 January was certainly mentioned. Thanks for clarifying that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My phone rung right in the middle and I ignored it.
At the start Eugene talked about the Arden St Redevelopment and how they hope to announce the builder at next weeks AGM.

He then spoke about the Aboriginal Youth Centre that is going to be included in the Arden St Revelopment. Mentioned how around 20 aboriginals have played senior footy for NMFC which could be the most for the Victorian clubs. Also mentioned that the Krakouers grand grand grandfather was Polish.

He was really impressed with the first phone call he had with Jack Z. Instead of one word answers he engaged in a full conversation with him. Talked about him being a future captain.

Mr R covered the rest and tomorrow is another day to make in the calandar as a historic day in our history.

I'm sitting here laughing as you wait for the voicemail to kick in.

Come to think of it, Krakouer does sound European doesn't it?

Thanks for filling in the gaps, snapperbowler and sross.

Best thing is I don't have voicemail.

At worst it could have been she who must be obeyed but I called her after the interview and she hadn't called.

He did, and that other figure he gave (100 down) was a comparison with last year after the same number of weeks our membership campaign had been running back then. He said that was "on budget".

Another VERY IMPORTANT date he mentioned was that yesterday was "exactly 12 months since I officially began in my role with North Melbourne"!!!

It should now be declared a public holiday!

The North Melbourne publicity machine is now swinging into gear, and thank fek for that eh!!!!! Love hearing North folk over the airwaves.

Top work Euge :thumbsu:

T'toes

He did mention Wright. Can't remember exactly what he said but it was along the lines that he is doing very well.
Oh ok, thanks for that. I hope in the next week or two that the North site puts up an article or two on our new draftees, i would like to read one on Wright and Ziebell the most, and also would like to see how Ross is training

Oh ok, thanks for that. I hope in the next week or two that the North site puts up an article or two on our new draftees, i would like to read one on Wright and Ziebell the most, and also would like to see how Ross is training

Spoke to Ben Ross and Ben Warren on Tuesday. Ross still looks like he is about 15. Both said training had been very tough, especially in the hot weather. They also mentioned that Leigh Adams is fully fit and training well.

Spoke to Ben Ross and Ben Warren on Tuesday. Ross still looks like he is about 15. Both said training had been very tough, especially in the hot weather. They also mentioned that Leigh Adams is fully fit and training well.

Ben Ross -will be a player

Ben Warren - should be a player

Leigh Adams -keeps his head over the ball, deserves to be a player

Fingers crossed for all three boys:).

Thanks Mr Reliabe for living up to your username.

On another note, Wright is still 2 pre seasons away.

All sounds good though. Again thankyou for the info.

You're too kind, mark73. I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. But thank you, all the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back