News Karmichael Hunt NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

so it looks like the other club thats involved in this cocaine scandal is the brisbane broncos
I don't wanna speculate but Darren.lockyer name is being mentioned in almost any.cocain/nrl related post on Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised at all. That's a tumor that never seems to.go away

Disappointing but not surprising. Drug use is a rampant problem in society, not just an AFL problem, and probably happens at every club. Let's not hang these players out to dry though.

The Herald Sun can reveal

While reports did not name individuals

One then current player sourced cocaine more than once and supplied it to teammates, according to the claims.

Police and AFL officials have publicly flagged concerns about drug use among players in recent years.

Some former club figures have even raised concerns about use among club officials.

Give me a break. An easy game to play...

Bigfooty can reveal...one then current journo sourced cocaine more than once...Some former journo figures have raised concerns about use among journos...blah blah blah...

Should've stopped reading at "the Herald Sun can reveal.."

Bit of a nothing article with a big headline. Until players are named (still possible) I'll take that one with a grain of salt.

If I were a betting man, would I place money on the chance that at least one Suns player (current or former) over the last 5 years had used coke - of course I would. And I'd do the same with every other team in the AFL as well. And League, and Union, and Soccer..and especially journos.

I don't wanna speculate but Darren.lockyer name is being mentioned in almost any.cocain/nrl related post on Facebook. I wouldn't be surprised at all. That's a tumor that never seems to.go away
Was with Wendell Sailor AND Andrew Johns, on the separate nights they were busted wasn't he....?

Like banks....too big to fail.

We must have our heros.....

We mention Lockyer today because, coincidentally, he has been in the company of both Johns and Wendell Sailor before their drugs issues over the past 18 months.
Lockyer stayed at Sailor's Bronte home on the weekend his former Broncos team-mate used cocaine last year.
He also spent time with Johns in London last week before the former Knight was arrested for being in the possession of an ecstasy tablet.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/lockyer-caught-in-whispers/story-e6frexni-1111114319999

Last edited:
Give me a break. An easy game to play...

Bigfooty can reveal...one then current journo sourced cocaine more than once...Some former journo figures have raised concerns about use among journos...blah blah blah...

Should've stopped reading at "the Herald Sun can reveal.."

Bit of a nothing article with a big headline. Until players are named (still possible) I'll take that one with a grain of salt.

If I were a betting man, would I place money on the chance that at least one Suns player (current or former) over the last 5 years had used coke - of course I would. And I'd do the same with every other team in the AFL as well. And League, and Union, and Soccer..and especially journos.

Pretty well right, nothing more than a fishing exercise, one that is basically saying ...... where are our ( AFL ) cocaine users, we don't want to be left out, where is our scoop.

What's the bet that for the next few months if AFL players are using cocaine, that they close the blinds :)

While I can appreciate the Herald Sun trying to get a scoop on its competitors like Fairfax, this latest article appears like a bit of a reach. The alleged 'uses' happened as far ago as 2012? That could be more than 3 years ago, and could well involve players that have not been as part of the club for a fair while.

So yeah, it's just difficult to see how this could relate to the current timeline. Especially when the players aren't named. For all we know it could be guys like Liddy, or Stanlake for heavens sake.

All I really take for gospel is what is said by the club at this stage. The CEO, Rocket and Ashcroft have all asked the players to come forward if they're involved. So far, no-one has. That's enough for me at the moment. The playes, staff and the AFL itself so far all have NO information to suggest the Suns are involved.

and then these "journalists" wonder why Clubs refuse to talk to them
This is not news to anyone and is simply designed to embarass the Club

I sent this the the writer of the article this morning, I ask you all to do the same.

carly.crawford@news.com.au

Carly

I am disappointed in your piece in the HS today, it is weak journalism, The headline is misleading "Cocaine abuse at GC Suns", you are using an old report that does not single out the Suns yet you chosen to use the clubs name in the title. As Eade said himself “There’s actually no information, there’s no facts around it".

This belongs in Woman's day, not a paper that positions itself as the number 1 AFL newspaper in the country. Poor form.

Mark

I sent this the the writer of the article this morning, I ask you all to do the same.

carly.crawford@news.com.au

Carly

I am disappointed in your piece in the HS today, it is weak journalism, The headline is misleading "Cocaine abuse at GC Suns", you are using an old report that does not single out the Suns yet you chosen to use the clubs name in the title. As Eade said himself “There’s actually no information, there’s no facts around it".

This belongs in Woman's day, not a paper that positions itself as the number 1 AFL newspaper in the country. Poor form.

Mark

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...pplying-cocaine.1088402/page-18#post-37203531

Not the first time Carly has been a naughty girl, i bet she wishes her real name was Cindy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to the chief rugby league writing for the Courier Mail on Triple M. He said that the Broncos aren't worried about being brought into the drugs saga because there's no evidence to suggest they're involved, then goes onto say that the Suns and the AFL are very worried and are in damage control.

Did this idiot not see the numerous interviews with Rocket and Ashcroft saying they've been given no information indicating they'll be involved? There's no evidence to suggest the Suns are involved, yet apparently it's okay to suggest they're worried when the Broncos (in the same situation) are perfectly okay?

Dumb biased shithead

Just listened to the chief rugby league writing for the Courier Mail on Triple M. He said that the Broncos aren't worried about being brought into the drugs saga because there's no evidence to suggest they're involved, then goes onto say that the Suns and the AFL are very worried and are in damage control.

Did this idiot not see the numerous interviews with Rocket and Ashcroft saying they've been given no information indicating they'll be involved? There's no evidence to suggest the Suns are involved, yet apparently it's okay to suggest they're worried when the Broncos (in the same situation) are perfectly okay?

Dumb biased shithead

They are just slinging mud. Heaven knows its dripping from the NRL Titans walls. They are desperately trying to taint the AFL SUNS as well.

Especially as the Coke target has been the Titans. The code war on the GC is the front line of the code war, and as such the NRL want as much dirt on the SUNS as possible. It doesn't even have to be true. Accusations are also mud, and some will stick.

I would be amazed if any professional team sport at the elite level didn't have some players on illegal drugs.
Sport reflects society, and in modern society illegal drug taking at different levels is quite common.

GAJ didn't like looking at the journo during the drug questions. Looked at him about his shoulder questions. mmmmm

GAJ didn't like looking at the journo during the drug questions. Looked at him about his shoulder questions. mmmmm
Can we please not start to psycho-analyse players based on whether they small or where the look? A few other boards do it. It's really weird, and a bit creepy.

Getting a bit silly in here with singling out particular posters. Everyone has their right to an opinion here and they keep the board interesting.

But also if I get the feeling anyone is coming through just to stir the pot and troll, you will feel my wrath! :cool:

Getting a bit silly in here with singling out particular posters. Everyone has their right to an opinion here and they keep the board interesting.

But also if I get the feeling anyone is coming through just to stir the pot and troll, you will feel my wrath! :cool:
That SUNS guy - man, what a douche! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back