Kai Lohmann - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumping this one, yet to put it all together but last night was the best sign yet I think. It wasn’t the flashy stuff that stood out or his nice, long range goal. It was his defensive work ethic. Highest number of pressure acts on the ground, laid 6 tackles and I saw him spoil a Suns forward 50 entry on multiple occasions getting back to help the defenders which is a very promising sign of his work rate.

You can see he is becoming more comfortable, less trying to fly for huge marks or kick ridiculous goals to prove himself. Just playing his role and committing to all the basics. Playing seniors without the immense pressure of being dropped does wonders for a young players confidence. You can even see when he gets a possession around the ground his kicking skills have improved as he has less anxiety about making a mistake. He is just playing naturally without overthinking things.

Lohmann spending the rest of the year in the seniors and developing into a handy forward/wing could be a huge win for 2024.
One aspect that stood out, was every time a high ball come in to our tall forwards, Lohmann would bust his ass to get to 10 to 15 meters in front of the pack for the spilled ball.

Can’t remember the last time we had a small forward always look to position themselves for the loose ball.

One aspect that stood out, was every time a high ball come in to our tall forwards, Lohmann would bust his ass to get to 10 to 15 meters in front of the pack for the spilled ball.

Can’t remember the last time we had a small forward always look to position themselves for the loose ball.
It’s a great sign. They’re usually going for the mark or looking for the one out the back.

Lohmann was bloody fantastic.

No flashy attempted speccies, no lairising

Worked his arse off , sprinted hard and often to contests and was conspicuous with his two way running.

Just love how his tackles stick.

A lot to like, not the least being that he stuck fat with the club when it would not have surprised if he had wanted out in the last trade period.

Well done young man:thumbsu:

Lohmann was bloody fantastic.

No flashy attempted speccies, no lairising

Worked his arse off , sprinted hard and often to contests and was conspicuous with his two way running.

Just love how his tackles stick.

A lot to like, not the least being that he stuck fat with the club when it would not have surprised if he had wanted out in the last trade period.

Well done young man:thumbsu:
I think it was the doggies who were looking at him. Bet he's happy he chose to stay with the way they're travelling with Bevo.

I think it was the doggies who were looking at him. Bet he's happy he chose to stay with the way they're travelling with Bevo.

Could be a sliding doors moment that proves to be the making of Kai.

Fantastic stuff, Kai has exceeded my expectations of what he was capable of this season, amazing what a run of senior games and some confidence can do.
I see him as a real confidence player and now he has found some he could be hard to stop.

My old man who was involved in footy heavily is adamant that Kai is the closest player he’s seen to the Saints great Trevor Barker. Apparently, Trevor had the blonde looks like Kai and was even better in the Moorabbin nightclubs which apparently was quite infamous in the 80s, which you could imagine Kai ripping up to.

Not my vintage so didn’t see Trevor first hand.

My old man who was involved in footy heavily is adamant that Kai is the closest player he’s seen to the Saints great Trevor Barker. Apparently, Trevor had the blonde looks like Kai and was even better in the Moorabbin nightclubs which apparently was quite infamous in the 80s, which you could imagine Kai ripping up to.

Not my vintage so didn’t see Trevor first hand.

I was disappointed when we didn’t get Jamie Elliott
But now it seems we have
And definitely got some barker in him for sure, going by that highlight reel anyway .
Could of used the current Lohmann in the grand final
Oh well will just have to settle for this year

🤣🤣 Lohman not wanting to say I'm here cause clearly I got the rising star nomination. Such a humble guy 🤣

Motty is not intimidated by anything is he.

Wasn't buying into the set up to get lohman tricked, just straight to where's the camera and ruin the punchline.

And as Danny is saying I'll let the boys know in today's meeting motty can be heard telling the boys outside the office 🤣🤣

Motty brings that same straightforwardness on field. Nothing too big, nothing to small just this is how it is. I love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Kai is one pre season away from being a genuine best 22 player. Hasn't had one yet and has had to scrap his way to get senior games. Give him a pre season and I think we see a confident, comfortable player at AFL level.

Slightly off topic, but could very easily see Brain playing half back at AFL level in 2024 too.
How prophetic, nailed it 👊

Remove this Banner Ad

Back