Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What are his versions specifically of plan a,b,c&d?
Every team adjusts to their opponent & that becomes plan a on that day. They will adjust plan a if it’s not working but they don’t pull out a plan c out of their arse to execute it at any given moment.
They would have trained plan a all week with adjustments depending on specific events.
What makes him good his ability to defend opposition game styles, but they generally move the ball the same way otherwise there’d be no connection between mids & forwards. There needs to be some predictability for the forwards to operate.
I'm talking about how he plans different plans each week and they train them, not in-game adjustments. They play the most variable style of just about any team, it's just wrong to say they have one brand

I'm talking about how he plans different plans each week and they train them, not in-game adjustments. They play the most variable style of just about any team, it's just wrong to say they have one brand
Everybody coaches & prepares like that with Longmires ability to defend his main weapon. His ball movement adjustment comes when they play at SCG, but so does everybody’s with them obviously having the advantage.
Longmuir v Longmire is 3 each, he’s not that special.

Edit, Sydney have had a lot of help with their list whilst he’s been coaching there, but he is a good coach.

Everybody coaches & prepares like that with Longmires ability to defend his main weapon. His ball movement adjustment comes when they play at SCG, but so does everybody’s with them obviously having the advantage.
Longmuir v Longmire is 3 each, he’s not that special.

Edit, Sydney have had a lot of help with their list whilst he’s been coaching there, but he is a good coach.
The initial argument was Longmire routinely plays the same game plan as we do, they just execute it and we don't.
I don't agree. That's all.
I'm happy to turn it into a pissing contest as to who the best coach is, but it wasn't the point of my initial post.
In fact I named inferior coaches that try to have more variety in the way they play from week to week but fail.

The initial argument was Longmire routinely plays the same game plan as we do, they just execute it and we don't.
I don't agree. That's all.
I'm happy to turn it into a pissing contest as to who the best coach is, but it wasn't the point of my initial post.
In fact I named inferior coaches that try to have more variety in the way they play from week to week but fail.
This could be fun, rank coaches from best to worst

I think from now on, anyone who complains about slow movement with down the line bombs and switches needs to watch the Sydney and Collingwood and tell me with a straight face Sydney doesn’t play the exact same way.

The difference is execution and contest which is exactly what JL goes on about all the time
This.

Especially 2nd quarter. Made comment after Coll made a quick break, Hill gathered and belted it forward that the game looked like careful/don't panic V go fast at first instinct. Not all of it obviously. Most just looked like an arm-wrestle, but there were definitely 2 different styles.

I think both can work depending on your cattle.

No plan of operations extends with certainty beyond the first encounter with the enemy's main strength.

They should be setting themselves up for a crack at a flag every single year regardless of whether they expect it to be a realistic possibility because the opportunity just might present itself. Our whole board keeps going on about how we are too young every year but that's a choice; the club could choose to draft and play a bunch of men and at least give themselves a chance to wrestle it out but instead, they are gifting games to potentials because of an eventual flag.
Sort of .
You go in to each battle with a 100% belief you can win……but the war… that’s a longer game with a longer strategic outlook.

Personally, I prefer some other coaches styles over Longmuir but I was just pointing out that the club does have a plan and is not drifting aimlessly. It might not be inspiring confidence that we will achieve it but the club clearly designed and broadcasted a plan.

We also take the game on but execute poorly (too many handballs)
I picked up a slight difference watching Swans and Collingwood to our movement from the back line and in particular half back.
They seemed to have a lot more , like 3 or 4 players either running past or sideways (but forward of sideways)or at the kicker to generate the short pass.
This was done once or twice then a long kick which had more effect because lines were broken .

I think we are more stagnant and only have one at a time leading short directly towards the kicker. Option gets shot down or we kick sideways or backwards of sideways. Then no more options and a long kick.

I haven’t rewatched to quote exact examples but it’s what I noticed that was slightly different.

You jest, but one of the usual tossers (King, Cornes, Goosage, Hadgorn, Hardie, Sumich) will find a way to criticize a Freo premiership win. My money is on Goose.

The east coast guys and the Perth based journos are different. King, Cornes, etc don't have a dog in the fight out West so when they criticise us they're usually right. Cornes has been savage the last few years about WC looking fat and unprofessional which has been spot on.

The likes of Hagdorn, Hardie, Langdon on the other hand are employed by Eagles people and know that the majority of their audience are Eagles supporters so it's in their best interest to criticise Freo.

The east coast guys and the Perth based journos are different. King, Cornes, etc don't have a dog in the fight out West so when they criticise us they're usually right. Cornes has been savage the last few years about WC looking fat and unprofessional which has been spot on.
Don't know about that. If I took a one-sided stance on something I'd eventually look right as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people pointed out the gifs were disrespectful to the great man and upon reflection I could see their point. So no more saucy gifs I’m sorry to say!
Leah No GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Some people pointed out the gifs were disrespectful to the great man and upon reflection I could see their point. So no more saucy gifs I’m sorry to say!
Hey peeps, this is the Longmuir thread and tonight he deserves a lot of love.
I thought we were f****d 4 goals to zip at the start.
That was an incredibly mature performance from a cohesive group that never wavered in their commitment to their brand.
Then the injuries hit. But we kept rolling.
The sort of character, system and strength that gets us through those obstacles and KO's a premiership fancy on the way gives JLo great credit.
Go JLo, own 2024.

It doesn’t change a lot for me really. He still has to win games and is under enormous pressure to do so from round 1 on.
If we have a stinker on Sunday against Brisbane and it snowballs into the north game, the vitriol from the fans and the media towards the club and JL will be immense.
I’ll be judging JL on what we see on the field this year. We saw tonight there are no easy games in this league - most had Richmond bottom 4 but they were still bloody decent.
So glad we beat Brisbane in round 1.

My biggest fear this season was starting the season 0-5.

Still gonna be an interesting 23 games.

Last edited:
Stop it, ignore those sad bitches. I want gifs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back