News Justin Hoskin signs with Willaston

Remove this Banner Ad

those tweets are hilarious. i hate to be one of those people that stalks new kids (that even sounds wrong) but the guy on the right in that twitter profile pic looks just like a mate of mine..! so i went to his facebook to check and couldn't find out, but his quotes are pretty cool -

A champion team will always beat a team of champions

A good team dreams it... A great team lives it

he is a Magpie already yes? those quotes sound like a Port Adelaide man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not expecting too much from either of our rookies to be honest. So many disappointments in recent years.

I do like the sound of Hoskin though, and was surprised he didn't get a look in last year after what some of our posters had to say about him. Good luck Justin :D

Cliffs on Hoskin for those who give the SANFL the total lack of attention it deserves?

To me, if you were to take the written pre draft descriptions of Ben Jacobs then Hoskin is very similar, but actually does perform those abilities. He is a big long direct kick, he does hit targets, he does generate play from the back half, he is courageous in that he's happy to cop a hit and back into a pack, he plays tall, he has great hands in close. His downside is that he lacks pace and is prone to over thinking things and getting caught, lacks x factor and is a bit meat and potatoes. He plays similar to how we played Pfeiffer this year.

I seriously can't get used to this 'drafting players who play in preferred positions with the purpose of playing them in those positions' business.
happy-monday-actions-words.jpg

I recall a line of thought in another thread whereby it was suggested (by REH?) we should keep a rookie position for a Magpies player. It may have even been reylayed to the club at a members meeting? I'm wondering if this is the incarnation of said suggestion? RussellEbertHandball.

I recall a line of thought in another thread whereby it was suggested (by REH?) we should keep a rookie position for a Magpies player. It may have even been reylayed to the club at a members meeting? I'm wondering if this is the incarnation of said suggestion? RussellEbertHandball.

Yep I have written that on here and made the recommendation to a couple of officials, in private conversations. It seems stupid that we are now one club, have a whole lot of young players looking for an opportunity, our last rookie spot has been a pass or a dud, we can watch these kids closer than any others, so why not use it on a Magpies player and help with the integration of the 2 squads of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back