Player Watch Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 1 in the entire AFL for clangers, and spots #2 #3 and #4 are all ruckmen. Champion data rank him the worst kick in the AFL. His handpasses are also poor.

Open your eyes Jmac.

B.Grundy now comfortably #1!

JDG has had some less productive games but I wouldn't sweat too much on clangers in isolation given risk v reward.

Prime Dusty was usually top #3 clangers (#1 in his Brownlow year).
(Danger, Oliver, Cripps, Petracca similar).

Or team-wide Gee and Syd are top 5 (highest) clangers while WC and North are 5 lowest.

You're right that the problem is payoff is not there right now (ie goals and disposal efficiency low - injury might explain it, or opp tactics as SR36 mentioned).

JDG has had some less productive games but I wouldn't sweat too much on clangers in isolation given risk v reward.
I have seen the risks and the outcomes. Where is the reward of this?

Best to compare him with a like for like player not Grundy.

I have seen the risks and the outcomes. Where is the reward of this?

Best to compare him with a like for like player not Grundy.

Grundy reference was just a joke.

I wasn't arguing JDG has been great.

I was just saying clangers in isolation doesn't mean much because players like Dusty, Danger, Oliver, Petracca are all frequently near the top of clanger lists while winning Brownlows/Premierships. (Not because of their clangers, but it's a tradeoff....)

I agreed the reward has not been there for JDG enough this year (low efficiency & goals), which is the problem.

Simple point: zero clangers shouldn't be the goal, hence Gee have more clangers than North this year.

Number 1 in the entire AFL for clangers, and spots #2 #3 and #4 are all ruckmen. Champion data rank him the worst kick in the AFL. His handpasses are also poor.

Open your eyes Jmac.
His disposal has been really bad this year, but the reason why rucks are at the top is that clangers is a measure of "errors" and it includes free kicks, and dropping an uncontested ball. It's not a disposal effectiveness measure - turnovers are only a part of the measure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back