Podcast Joe Rogan - Tricked again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats kinda what I mean though ie. he probably does just "pick the best guy as he sees it", and those guys have skewed more RWNJ lately than you'd see a few years back.

I have no idea how someone goes from a Bernie fan to a DeSantis fan within a few years :drunk:

when did he say or allude to that?

only time i have ever heard Rogan talk about DeSantis, is in the sphere of other republicans, so Bernie isn't even in the conversation. unless i have missed something? granted i dont listen to every single second lol, so maybe!

when did he say or allude to that?

only time i have ever heard Rogan talk about DeSantis, is in the sphere of other republicans, so Bernie isn't even in the conversation. unless i have missed something? granted i dont listen to every single second lol, so maybe!
Previous election cycles, when Bernie was running for the Democratic nomination, Rogan said he liked Bernie. In 2016, he didn't vote for Clinton (voted Libertarian), but said he leaned far more left than right. He said he would probably vote for Bernie in early 2020, but when Biden got the nomination, switched to Trump. Then in 2022, Rogan was talking about DeSantis being his preferred presidential candidate (in general).

In 2020 primaries:

Then when asked about his preferred candidate:

Last edited:
Previous election cycles, when Bernie was running for the Democratic nomination, Rogan said he liked Bernie. In 2016, he didn't vote for Clinton (voted Libertarian), but said he leaned far more left than right. He said he would probably vote for Bernie in early 2020, but when Biden got the nomination, switched to Trump. Then in 2022, Rogan was talking about DeSantis being his preferred presidential candidate (in general).

In 2020 primaries:

Then when asked about his preferred candidate:

Oh interesting cheers.

Rogan voted for Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) in 2020 FYI. he just said if he had the choice, he would choose Trump over Biden if they were the only options. interesting to see where he lands in 2024.

he is a swingman it seems. me too. I usually vote liberal, but last election i voted labor.

Last edited:
Oh interesting cheers.

Rogan voted for Jo Jorgensen (Libertarian) in 2020 FYI. he just said if he had the choice, he would choose Trump over Biden if they were the only options. interesting to see where he lands in 2024.

he is a swingman it seems. me too. I usually vote liberal, but last election i voted labor.
I'm not sure how anyone could swing between Bernie and DeSantis logically or without a fair reset of values though. It's not quite like a fluctuation between Labor (depending on the election cycle) and moderate Liberal.

I'm not sure how anyone could swing between Bernie and DeSantis logically or without a fair reset of values though. It's not quite like a fluctuation between Labor (depending on the election cycle) and moderate Liberal.

it's not like Rogan is going from the left to the right or vis versa. he is already centered. I could easily see him swing back and forth.

whether he prefers Bernie or DeSantis is a bit irrelevant IMO. Just like me changing my vote from liberal to labor. Me changing from Scomo to Albo isn't that much of a difference.

whether he prefers Bernie or DeSantis is a bit irrelevant IMO. Just like me changing my vote from liberal to labor. Me changing from Scomo to Albo isn't that much of a difference.
I don't know that you could find two American politicians further apart than Sanders and De Santis.

What do you think their similarities are?

I don't know that you could find two American politicians further apart than Sanders and De Santis.

What do you think their similarities are?

depends on where you originated IMO.

if you are a usual right-wing voter and swings to vote for Bernie, i'd say that's a big change of political views. Same if you are usual left and then you change to DeSantis.

if you are centered like Rogan seemingly is, i could easily see him swing between the 2. he is probably just deciding who would be the better leader.

I doubt rogan agrees with every single thing that Bernie says, just like i doubt he agrees with every single thing DeSantis says. an example is Rogan is Pro gay rights, DeSantis isn't.

A big reason Rogan likes DeSantis is how he ran Florida during COVID, compared to California where he was from

And yet he is constantly ridiculing trans people.

So centered.

he is mainly against kids being given gender altering drugs & surgeries, not trans people themselves, he's not chasing them down the street with pitchforks. he doesn't give a shit what adults do with their own bodies.

go watch the entire Matt Walsh podcast - rather than the usual 5 second clips.

Rogan has traits/views from both the left and the right, he is pro-gun ownership (right) & Pro gay marriage (left). He is Pro Abortion (left) and anti-woke (right), just because you disagree with one view doesn't make him right wing rofl. I agree with him on his stance with trans people, but i voted labor at the last election. Am i right winger?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He can’t be right because he’s anti religion, pro choice, pro gay marriage, liberal view to drugs clearly. Hes not left either really, so where do you end up then?
Looney Libertarian.

case in point.

just an angry person wanting to be angry at someone, based on very limited vision.

Incorrect again.

I've seen and heard plenty of Rogan as pointed out in here previously. I even like some of his interviews. But he is either poorly researched, ignorant or driving an agenda when he ventures into politics or social issues. Usually it is all three.

Incorrect again.

I've seen and heard plenty of Rogan as pointed out in here previously. I even like some of his interviews. But he is either poorly researched, ignorant or driving an agenda when he ventures into politics or social issues. Usually it is all three.
Boomer who made a podcast that started off with smoking cigars, weed, drinking whiskey and talking shit with his dumb mates is poorly researched... I'm shocked

Incorrect again.

This would be the main driver IMO. He's happy to give his opinions on politics, COVID etc but in his mind he's just like any bloke at the pub really saying what he reckons, in his detractor's minds he's got a massive audience and needs to be careful what he says blah blah

Incorrect again.

ding ding ding

it's not a news broadcast, it is not presented as one nor does it claim to be one, he isn't a journalist and does not fall under any type of code of requirement, he is not required to get his script fact checked by an editing team before he talks. They get shit wrong, Jamie usually picks it up. But like most conversations, shit slips through. based on your posting id be 100% sure you have said some real clown like stuff with your mates around.

you are holding a bunch of stoners literally just having an unscripted opinion related chat it to a standard that it is not designed to be, and that is your issue and your issue alone.

Just because something is popular with others (you), doesn't mean it needs to be to the upmost scrutiny by some random person (you again) who doesn't like the content.

this whole "he's popular so he needs to be responsible to what i think is right" is just ridiculous, your view of what's responsible is largely your opinion. You act like you are some guardian of the moral code haha.

Just be real, you don't like him cause he's rich, famous and popular - people know who he is, you though? Like most lefties ( I guarantee you are one) you just want to cancel something.

press the X in the top right - that's why it's there!

Last edited:
ding ding ding

it's not a news broadcast, it is not presented as one nor does it claim to be one, he isn't a journalist and does not fall under any type of code of requirement. They get s**t wrong, Jamie usually picks it up. But like most conversations, s**t slips through. based on your posting id be 100% sure you have said some real clown like stuff with your mates around.

you are holding a bunch of stoners literally just having an unscripted opinion related chat it to a standard that it is not designed to be, and that is your issue and your issue alone.

Just because something is popular with others (you), doesn't mean it needs to be to the upmost scrutiny by some random person (you again) who doesn't like the content.

this whole "he's popular so he needs to be responsible to what i think is right" is just ridiculous, your view of what's responsible is largely your opinion. You act like you are some guardians of the moral code haha.

Just be real, you don't like him cause he's rich, famous and popular - people know who he is, you though? Like most lefties ( I guarantee you are one) you just want to cancel something.

press the X in the top right ya whinger - that's why it's there!
Nope, at least not for me. It's not just because he's popular, although it'd be nice if he had more of a personal sense of responsibility. It's because Rogan himself has deliberately made his show into something other than a bunch of stoners talking nonsense.

He has brought experts (sometimes self proclaimed) and established commentators on to discuss their subject matter or favourite topics. He portrays them and gives them a platform, as credible sources. It gives his show a veneer of credibility to some.

If you're going to do that, without being willing or able to consistently challenge or question what you're hearing, then boo hoo you'll cop some criticism.

But let's not pretend all he does is talk about MMA, weed, comedy and wildlife encounters (I enjoy the latter tbh).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back