Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

168be577b92f5a031236a5fb5a37d141.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His mum spoke about it when they were interviewed post match on mothers day.

s**t timing. Got injured in his under 18 year so didn't get drafted. Went back and played local footy. Was set to play for Carlton when covid hit and it hit for 2 years. Then starred when his league opened again.
The window is almost closed now for finding those hidden gems from 2020 and 2021, especially the Victorians who missed the most football. But this one looks a beauty.

I think I recall reading that we wanted to take Joe in the Rookie draft but our hand was forced early due to interest from Essendon?
Any fact checkers out there?
So it may be easy to guess where interest may be coming from.

I recall that Geelong were interested but he didn’t nominate in time, or something similar?

I recall that Geelong were interested but he didn’t nominate in time, or something similar?
Yeah supposedly Cats were interested in him for the prior midseason draft, but he wasn't eligible as he hadn't nominated for a draft within the relevant timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What stands out in that, apart from the excellence of Joe’s debut and his journey to play for the Pies - is Crispy! He’s so happy for Joe. Could be because Crisp’s old club Myrtleford is in the same Ovens and Murray League?

Yeah supposedly Cats were interested in him for the prior midseason draft, but he wasn't eligible as he hadn't nominated for a draft within the relevant timeframe.
Did we finally get one over the cats. Maybe they were planning on rookieing him.

What stands out in that, apart from the excellence of Joe’s debut and his journey to play for the Pies - is Crispy! He’s so happy for Joe. Could be because Crisp’s old club Myrtleford is in the same Ovens and Murray League?
Yea i noticed that with Crisp as well and wondered what the connection was.

With very little other than the big footy commentary to go on with Richards, imagine my surprise and pleasure at his debut last week. He showed so much more than everyone projected for him. I can't wait to see how he backs up.
I was very unhappy with the decision to dump Ginnivan, but if Richards can continue as he started, then the loss of Ginnivan will be well covered, albeit with a quite different sort of player.

With very little other than the big footy commentary to go on with Richards, imagine my surprise and pleasure at his debut last week. He showed so much more than everyone projected for him. I can't wait to see how he backs up.
I was very unhappy with the decision to dump Ginnivan, but if Richards can continue as he started, then the loss of Ginnivan will be well covered, albeit with a quite different sort of player.
Not to mention Shultz and potentially Harrrison….

There’s a long list of players who have moved past Ginni (who himself is a very good player still).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like how when the ball is kicked to his opponent he’s not easily outmarked even as nearly the smallest player on the ground. Halves a lot of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back