Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Has been very good this far. Did some nice link up play, makes good decisions and has a decent goal sense.

Look forward to seeing him in the saem forward line with Checkers and McStay.

I think he is in our best team come year end.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Anyone who watches VFL know what his tank is like ? Does he usually fade in the 2nd half ?

Both games he's started strong in the first half and been quieter in the 2nd. Hopefully that can change with more time in the AFL system

Anyone who watches VFL know what his tank is like ? Does he usually fade in the 2nd half ?

Both games he's started strong in the first half and been quieter in the 2nd. Hopefully that can change with more time in the AFL system
In fairness to Joe, the whole side was fatigued in the second half. We were a couple of players down. I would imagine that they are happy with his ability to run out a game or he wouldn't be playing. I don't go to the VFL anymore though

Thought he was excellent early and faded towards the end. Will get acquainted with the intensity across 4Qs the more exposure he has at the level. Quite clearly has the tools, skills, composure, pace & also ability / intent to defend.

His output was at least on par with Shooter's, no small accomplishment from a 2nd gamer:

JR: 12 Disposals; 1.0 goal; 3 Score Inv; 5 Tackles, 24 Pressure acts; 1 T/O; 1 *1%'er; +129 metres over 92 mins TOG
LS: 10 Disposals; 1.1 goal; 3 Score Inv; 7 Tackles, 17 Pressure acts; 3 T/O; 2 * 1%'er;+231 metres over 106 mins TOG

In fairness to Joe, the whole side was fatigued in the second half. We were a couple of players down. I would imagine that they are happy with his ability to run out a game or he wouldn't be playing. I don't go to the VFL anymore though
I agree, it felt like the whole side was run off their feet in the 2nd half. They looked quite tired

Remove this Banner Ad

Back