Games & Recreation JK Rowling The Sexual Deviant - The Harry Potter Discussion thread (SPOILERS)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished reading the books for the first time in 10 years... served as a timely reminder how deep they are and how comprehensive the content could be.

The only thing is, the first three movies excellently covered the content of the books - as the early novels were simpler in structure.

It'll be everything from Goblet of Fire that could be fleshed out in much, much greater detail.

He would be perfect but I would say there is no chance.
While Rowling is involved there will have to be some fairly tidy pay checks for the actors taking part in this to compensate for any potential reputational damage.

Why don't you think he'd do it?

From memory there was some conflict with another actor that prevented his involvement with the original films.

Too similar a role to Gandalf. I very highly doubt he would want to play another old long white bearded wizard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tbh if they pull it off, your kids shouldn't be watching the bits based on the last half of the books. The adult themes but more so graphic violence described, along with the very vague 'Harry swore' bits, is well within HBO's wheelhouse, if they choose to adapt it faithfully.

Or they can watch, of course they can. What I am saying though it shouldn't be catered to kids front and centre like the films tried.
The books were made for kids- if the series is unsuited to children that's a breakdown in adjusting to your target audience.

Wasnt the whole series young adult? Like the films got darker the further they went but im not sure the books really did.
Books got dark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back