JB's intentions?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't help but think JB is just doing all of this for self promotion. I mean here is a guy who gets wind that his radio show is about to be axed, so he quits sighting wanting to spend more time with his family. So what does he do the week after his wife gives birth? he heads off to vegas for a piss up with his mates.
That reaks of someone who only cares about himself.

Yeah I'm cynical about a lot of stuff too. You have no choice with this kind of constant garbage going on around the club.

I do however find it hard to be cynical about a bloke who puts his butt and reputation on the line with a plan that if it is a shocker could spell disaster for not only the club but him personally.

I'll wait till Thursday, how about you do the same before posting more garbage. Seems far easier to be cynical about your intentions rather than his in this instance.

For those of you that won't let up on JB over this trip. Ithas been planned for nearly two years and it was a 40th for Lyon. He is one of JB's closest friends. The party was planned prior to the child and JB's wife actually encouraged him to go when he offered to stay behind due to the birth! The JB plan and North Melbourne's response to the AFL ultimatum had been delivered to the AFL and JB was to be back prior to the original deadline.

What is the problem? Are you anti NMFC people that stupid, thick, and uncomprehending that you can't get it?

Queensland = DEATH

JB & Co. = LIFE at Arden Street!

my cynicism isn't only one way I also think both Kekka and Jason McCartney are looking out for themselves and not the club.

:eek: Football clubs are surrounded by self promoting, egotistical men? :eek:

While it pains me to introduce a serious point into what is clearly a joke of a thread, I would have thought that if you were going to question anyone's intentions, you could start with Board members who have been happy to run the club into the ground for a decade and then sell it to the AFL. Or you could look at the overpaid, smug, self-satisfied thugs who run the AFL and who have no qualms about killing off 140 years of history. And don't even start me on the journalists.

Instead, you start in on the one guy who is prepared to stand up and fight for what most of us believe.

And then you play the suffering wife card into the bargain.

*points and shakes head in disgust*

The man provides a legitimate, viable financial option to the club to survive and THRIVE in its rightful home and you STILL find fault, albeit on a personal level?
Irrespective of motive - NORTH MELBOURNE needs a passionate public figurehead that carries some media clout, has a business brain and the contacts to put words into action.
Did wonders for Collingwood....
Where is the proof of a business brain? His a cricketer turned radio presenter. media clout? just because his in the media dosn't mean he carries any clout.

Where is the proof of a business brain? His a cricketer turned radio presenter. media clout? just because his in the media dosn't mean he carries any clout.

So what he has shown is not enough? Isn't it satisfying?

Do you honestly believe that the AFL offer is any better? You are pathetic.

I bet his spelling and grammar are better than yours though.

While it pains me to introduce a serious point into what is clearly a joke of a thread, I would have thought that if you were going to question anyone's intentions, you could start with Board members who have been happy to run the club into the ground for a decade and then sell it to the AFL. Or you could look at the overpaid, smug, self-satisfied thugs who run the AFL and who have no qualms about killing off 140 years of history. And don't even start me on the journalists.

Instead, you start in on the one guy who is prepared to stand up and fight for what most of us believe.

here here. well said kangalicious:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is your proof that he is in this for himself?

I think James is the mouthpiece and there are also many others working behind the scenes. If James and the club really want to make a statement after presenting the North Melbourne plan he should say and this is the AFLS plan , then rip it in 2 on stage , now that would be a statement .

Doing it for self promotion is he? Because being the Chairman of the Board is such a high paying position!!

* points and laughs *

Well said, Kangalicious. :thumbsu: My thoughts exactly.

No I'm just very cynical by nature.

If you are in deed cynical by nature, why don't you turn the blowtorch on the AFL's 45mil (aka 100mil) package to play footy an hour drive from GABA where another triple premiership winning club is struggling to make ends meet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back