Toast Jay Schulz

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not all that surprising that when you play a key forward in a key forward post, he might actually kick some goals. When Ebert returns for the Freo game and Wiilliams rushes him into the goalsquare, we'll see how Jay goes kicking goals from the wing.

It's not all that surprising that when you play a key forward in a key forward post, he might actually kick some goals. When Ebert returns for the Freo game and Wiilliams rushes him into the goalsquare, we'll see how Jay goes kicking goals from the wing.

Spot on. Schulz was very good leading from deep I50. Like those leads I have seen him do in the flesh at Footy Park up near the wing because we play Ebert deep. Schulz playing deep is where he should be played. Ebert can play HF/wing.

Great effort by Jay today. Kicked straight with his only point being a poster. Need him to mark like that and kick like that and play that deep when he plays in normal conditions away from the perfect conditions of Docklands.

Would be up there with the best games by a key forward by a Port player at AFL level.

He just needs to make sure he backs this up with more strong performances in coming weeks. Traditionally, you'd say he wont kick 7 goals combined for the rest of the year. Its up to him to make sure he stands up again and adds his 2-3-4 goals a game.

He took some contested marks and actually didn't fumble or drop them all the time. He also kicked straight.

It was a complete turnaround... perhaps the SANFL has done him some good.

QFT. Ironically he would be a chance to be dropped for proving Choco wrong about actually playing a KPP from the goalsquare and not a midget.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game by Schulz. Hopefully he can use that game for confidence for the rest of the season and be consistent.

well done and i was a hater. i didnt question his kick i just thought he dropped too many marks. i guess this means the end for salter

Was just about to post something like that.
How unfortunate is it that many think the same thing?

Excellent performance by Schulz. Hopefully that will give him and the coaches confidence to know that when he is played as the key marking forward he can deliver. I guess it's a stretch to assume we'll kick to a key tall moving forward. He beat everyone North Melbourne threw at him today.

Well done Jay. A fine performance.

Watch for Ebert to be rushed back in after the break and Shulz relegated to the wing.

Inb4 Ebert's 4 points and 7 almost-tackles.

that is so true he got all the delivery ebert usually gets. our forward line looks so much better when we focus on talls. i dont know why the coaches dont see it like everyone else does

Watch a game or don't bother commenting thanks. Important player for us all year.
Excuse me? I watched the game, and I watched him all the years he was at Richmond. I've also seen you lot biting his head off after his efforts in previous games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back